Custom Control Pad + Sneak Peek video

L.J. Silver

how do I get the kerbal control pad

Grab the app from the iOS App Store with your iPad or iPhone (price is $0.99 for a few days), then get the server from here (the server is what connects your Mac/PC to enable use of the app as a control system for your computer).

Once you have that, get the KSP plugin from the previous page to enable data sending to your iOS device and put that into KSP's GameData folder. The control pad will work by default without the plugin as the plugin only sends data to your iPhone or iPad; connect the plugin using the channel you get from the application on your computer.

----------

Great app/plugin! I kinda wish the server was available for Linux as that's where I do most of my Kerbal stuff, but my Hackintosh works just fine for now. Full marks on my app store rating and a reputation point here on the forums! :)

Keep up the great work!

The CCP server application for mac does not seem to open for me. I have tried on both my Imac and my macbook pro but on neither of them does the application launch. Can someone help?

What version of OSX are your using ? Also, CCP app "lives" in the top bar of OSX (left of the spotlight icon ).

The CCP server application for mac does not seem to open for me. I have tried on both my Imac and my macbook pro but on neither of them does the application launch. Can someone help?

The one thing I know that could be causing is app restrictions, but that depends on your version of OS X, which might also cause compatibility issues. What version of OS X are you on?

• 2 weeks later...
Will prepare a "release" thread soon , but in the meantime here are the links to get everything working :

Plugin Download LINK

Source code download link

We definitely would love to see CCP on all possible platforms, we are waiting to see how it is received and if there is interest we will surely get to work on other platforms too.

I just downloaded the frozenpepper plugin so I could use the CCP app which i have on my iPad.

Unfortunately it causes KSP to hang on the start up load screen when it gets to "Squad/Parts/Command/crewCabin/part/crewCabin"

KSP loads fine if i remove the frozenpepper plugin folder from the GameData folder, but then I can't use CCP with KSP :(

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

• 2 weeks later...
Do you guys have any problems with plugin and app? I can't get my setup to work. I have configured the KSP, server and my iPad, and I cant get joystick, data screens and gauges to work, please help.

For the data and info screens to work you need to connect CCP ksp plugin to CCP server application, to do so you should click on the CCP icon in the Task Bar (on Windows) and copy the server port number. You need to paste that number in CCP ksp plugin and press connect.

For the joysticks, if server application was installed correctly, and device is connected to you pc, it should be configurable by simply going to KSP input configuration screen (accessible from main menu), select the input you want to configure and then move the corresponding control on your iPad.

Hope this helps

Great app, super fun! However I've installed the KSP mod, but the joysticks and indicators aren't working. How do I get them working, if possible?

They are fixing the problem, but joystick should work, have you assigned axes in the input settings in KSP?

I haven't, how do I do it?

You connect your iOS device with your pc, go in to KSP - settings - input, and on the right side of the menu, you have Axis bindings. You just have to click the button and move corresponding joystick in the CCP app to define it.

Happy to say that should have fixed issues with latest version of KSP , so here is new plugin download link : (WORKS WITH KSP 0.23 only) DOWNLOAD will now update main thread…

Thanks for your patience and especially for the feedback !

Thank You for your wonderful app and customer feedback :)

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.