Which update has been the best thus far?

MacDuckenstein

Which update has been the best thus far?  

1. 1. Which update has been the best thus far?

I know that 0.17 is the most obvious, but there was something really special about the build up. The way that the planets were revealed to us, picture by picture was causing me to refresh the forum like crazy, checking for updates.

I do miss those larger updates, but of course, I understand why this system works much better for the developers and the community.

I would say .16. It may be since it's the first update I experienced, but I think it was pretty significant. It brought larger parts into the picture. I can remember that in .15 I had to cluster over 5 layers of tanks and rocket engines. It definitely made things easier.

The best updates in my opinion:

1st: 0.18.xx for docking, new parts, new planets best update so far.

2nd: 0.17 for new planets.

3rd: 0.14 for persistence. the best update for a while.

4th: 0.12 for the Mun.

5th: 0.16 for EVAs, inspiring a new era of Kerbal torture and 2.5m rockomax sized parts

It was a close call between .18 and .20 for me honestly. Docking is probably the awesomest feature in the game. But the optimization in .20 literally allows me to roll with twice as many mods without even crashing once, really, that impressed me.

0.18, now THAT was a complete game changer, so much stuff was added.:cool: 0.17 was close, but interplanetary travel was bit hard without docking...:P And no closest approach marker made for tons of fuel wasted (Do I go right, or left?).

Edited by RocketPilot573

of the updates ive experienced:

1) 0.18 -docking obviously, but also i really like the retextures over the old parts. plus it added Eeloo i think, and the second runway

2) 0.17 -planets derp

3) 0.15 -spaceplane hanger

4) 0.14 -persistence (and quicksaving too maybe?)

5) 0.19 -ROVERS! REENTRY! MUAHAHAHAHAHA

6) 0.16 -EVA, IVA, Launch Clamps

7) 0.13 -fuel lines, optimizations

8) 0.20 -what did this update even bring that was really "new" exactly? this update is meh for me. not to mention the disappointments that came with a lack of resources and lack of hitchhiker IVA view

of the updates ive experienced:

1) 0.18 -docking obviously, but also i really like the retextures over the old parts. plus it added Eeloo i think, and the second runway

2) 0.17 -planets derp

3) 0.15 -spaceplane hanger

4) 0.14 -persistence (and quicksaving too maybe?)

5) 0.19 -ROVERS! REENTRY! MUAHAHAHAHAHA

6) 0.16 -EVA, IVA, Launch Clamps

7) 0.13 -fuel lines, optimizations

8) 0.20 -what did this update even bring that was really "new" exactly? this update is meh for me. not to mention the disappointments that came with a lack of resources and lack of hitchhiker IVA view

.20 was 95% backend and infrastructure work, it's normal not to notice it, but they had been delaying it for a while and not optimizing their work and code from the previous updates and it really needed to be done before they could really add anything more to the game. They added seats and flags to add at least a bit of content, but really, the main goal of this update was to do a big cleanup of the infrastructure. Although I'm not gonna start this debate here, I was just stating what was really the content of this update.

0.17 was my favorite update because of the new planets; the build up to it was amazing and post release scavenger hunt for easter eggs that ended a month later with the discovery of the magic boulder was amazing.

though from a game changer point of view, 0.18 was way better. Too many things changed drastically in that update, things we now take for granted.

It was a close call, but 0.17 took my vote

I remember when .14 came out and it was definitely the biggest deal. For those of you who weren't there for that way back then, you wouldn't understand how important it was. It was like, all the sudden this crummy demo became a persistent game with saves and multiple ships and allowed us to do rendezvous, etc.

I do miss those larger updates, but of course, I understand why this system works much better for the developers and the community.

There is no current "system". The game just isn't in as heavy of development as it used to be. We get updates once every 2-3 months which was pretty much how it was back in the .14, .15, .16 era, only those updates are bigger. The devs plan to releases smaller updates more frequently quite obviously failed. They release with the same frequency but they're just smaller now. Like think about what .21 is going to give us. A cratered Mun, some new buildings and a stock version of Crew Manifest, which is already a plugin you can get. Not sure why that all took months... but I guess we'll see.

Well I'm from the future so I'm a big fan of 1.0 but I can't talk about that without ripping the universe a new blackhole so I'd have to say in the present day my favorite update so was was .20... the backend work let me up my lag free craft up to 700 parts

The parts added in .19 created so many new possibilities for my craft designs. I'm very design-centric, which is why most of my posts are in the Spacecraft Exchange. I also really liked the optimization in .20, because it made some of my more outrageous crafts (700+ parts) more usable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.