Which update has been the best thus far?

MacDuckenstein

Which update has been the best thus far?  

1. 1. Which update has been the best thus far?

the next is always the best.

(unless it is Microsoft or EA or Blizzard or Adobe)

- the new Adobe CS is totally lame...monthly subscription? come on... i bought my CS4 with Edu/Research deal which was ~US$100 for the whole package...

and now... they are charging $24/month for every single software separately

- look at how lame Win8 is... that stupid GUI; fking give me back the normal desktop UI

- EA? what a joke... simcity 5 cant even connect for 2 whole months right after release

- Blizzard? SC2 is crap and WC3 or SC is way better

Edited by lammatt

0.18 by far. Docking was the feature that had the biggest impact.

Agree. There was nothing in later updates that had the playability even close to that one. And sadly there is nothing on the horizon even close to that for impact on the gameplay... :(

Why does nearly no one vote for 0.14? It was the update that allowed you to have multiple vessels saved! Else you couldn't access crafts you launched earlier.

This and the plugin system! Best update imo.

Like think about what .21 is going to give us. A cratered Mun, some new buildings and a stock version of Crew Manifest, which is already a plugin you can get. Not sure why that all took months... but I guess we'll see.

I would like to see more direct adoption of great plugins. Things like DEADBEEF's improved Editor Tools, Subassembly Loader, Dynamic Warp...

My favorite update was .20, because of the new command pods and probe cores, until then I couldn't make an unmanned rocket that didn't look ridiculous but with the new normal and large size probe bodies I can finally do that. I'm also looking forward to .21, because the astronaut complex looks cool.

A short list of new stuff in 0.18.xx:

Docking!

Electricity!

The Lander-can

Fuel differentiation

Probes!

Science parts

Eeloo!

New part textures!

Air intakes

Useful part tabs

And more!

So yeah, you can guess what I picked.

Well I'm from the future so I'm a big fan of 1.0 but I can't talk about that without ripping the universe a new blackhole so I'd have to say in the present day my favorite update so was was .20... the backend work let me up my lag free craft up to 700 parts

This is why I too voted for .20. The 'under the hood' work just made it play smoother. I used to get a slideshow launch at around 400 parts, now I don't get that until around 780, and only a minor slowdown for the first 20k at 700 parts. Along with a faster load time even with a ton of Mods!:cool:

I played the demo and got the full version of the game a few days after 0.17. The 0.18 update was awesome; 0.19 added a few small things that really impacted on the gameplay -the kerbal expressions, and wheels, and IIRC, and the I Beams and that fantastic radial attatchment point.

0.20 was good, but not awesome - I think of it like a slice of cake compared to the party of 0.18 :)

.18 by far! Everything after has been rather disappointing.

EDIT:

1st: .18

2nd: .17

3d: .16

4th: .15

5th: .14

The closest was between .17 and .18, but .18 was simply a game changer, with all the awesome new parts, revamped textures, new mechanics, much improved GUIs and music, docking, flight planning, action groups, support for Unity 4, a proper demo...goes on and on...

Squad was doing great until .18, every update was better than the next, until .19 and then .20 hit...

Edited by DaRocketCat

0.18.2 was the best one. Few bugs in sph and vab worked at its best, have had new bugs both with sph and vab and when restarting crafts etc ever sens 0.18.4 or if it was 0.18.3 when they switched over to unity 4 and I didn't get any performance boost so the fact that I got more bugs instead like graphical glitches toug I do use wine so I can live with that sens its not uncommon. But still 0.18.2 was rock solid for me.

I have also had problems with hitting drifting hitboxes when ever I go to another planet and then returns to the runway sens they remade that one. So overall I have more and most of my failures are due to bugs introduced after 0.18.2.

Everytime I read this thread from my phone I just see, "which update has beer..."

But anyway. I think .21 is going to be amazing. Brandy new SAS, selecting who goes on mission (stock), and seeing the groundwork for career mode coming to fruition.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.