What future feature (confirmed or otherwise) is your biggest hope for KSP?

Without a doubt, it's the resource system. Without it, we just can't play the game the way it'll be played in the full release; the Kethane mod is a good stopgap, but we can't finalize designs for refineries, landers, grand tour ships, etc. until we have the actual parts with better numbers.

Right now, my own playing is on hold until the resources are implemented. After all, we're going to have to rebuild our little empires from scratch once that system is in place, so there's not a whole lot of point sending out Kethane-based mobile drilling rigs when it'll all get replaced soon enough.

More places to visit. More gas giants, more moons, asteroids... trans-Joolian objects. :) I don't much care about resource extraction, careers, r&d, just want new places to visit, 'specially if they've got cool scenery to check out. I seem to remember someone mentioning ice volcanoes a while back, would really like to see those.

I would like:

Wages for staff. Get better r+d by paying for better scientists.

Indications as to encounter windows.

Auto time warp stop approaching maneuver nodes and soi's.

Faster time warps.

More flexible build mechanics.

Engineer redux.

Kerbaliser in game.

Another solar system.

More engines.

MapSat.

Edited by Monkeh

Really looking froward to the science parts. I really hope they are more than just "You did X science at D distance! You get X*D science points Kerbal!!!" . I want instruments to give me measurements of a variety of aspects of different celestial bodies, and hopefully track that information in-game as well. For example, I would love it if certain physical aspects of planets (highest point for example) were I mystery in-game until you actually went and found out.

Universal health care for Kerbals.

Kerbal civil rights movement, and mandatory politically correct ratios in Kerbalnaught crew roster. Where are the tall Kerbals? The short ones? The blue ones? The lady ones? All I see is one demographic - stocky green males. In this day and age, this is unacceptable.

Also, add consolation prizes like "most improved" so that every Kerbal is a winner, and nobody feels bad.

I'm completely joking, by the way. :kiss:

I'm most excited for career mode, as I like having defined goals and limitations. It really adds to the immersion when I can't just stick four 50 ton boosters because I need a little more dV.

I would like a reason to go to the planets. Right now, once you land on a few and build a base and a space station, there is no reason to keep going. Resource mining, buildable habitats that need air and water to sustain the crew, science missions where you have to find a certain life form on the planet. Even better, have a planet or two where you could use genetic manipulation and guide a species to dominance like in spore.

Discoverable/randomly generated celestial bodys (like comets, asteroids, protoplanets etc.). Also a termination shock would be nice (you know the cloud of gas that forms at the border of the solar system where the pressure of the solar winds and the interstellar pressure are at equalibrium)

Discoverable/randomly generated celestial bodys (like comets, asteroids, protoplanets etc.). Also a termination shock would be nice (you know the cloud of gas that forms at the border of the solar system where the pressure of the solar winds and the interstellar pressure are at equalibrium)

I don't think the termination shock is a thing you can see. It's a change in the velocity of a very low density soup of solar wind particles. You could measure it with sensitive instruments but its not going to be visually dramatic.

Random generated celestial bodies make no sense since they would be there one time but not the next. And if they were generated each time the game was started and saved, the universe would clutter up with planets! :)

It would also be impossible for anyone else to fly a mission to the same planet that you did (because only you have it).

However, a lot more "permanent" bodies like comets and asteroids would be nice. I don't know what impact that would have on game speed (since the game would need to keep track of where they all were, do all the orbital calculations, etc..).

As it is, there's enough "space junk" up there already. I once got into a 200km circular orbit using MechJeb, then left it there (forgot about it). Later I sent up another vehicle into the same orbit and while doing a rendezvous, all of a sudden my ship blew up! I said "WTF???" then looked at the log. I collided with a decoupler from an old mission!!!

I wish I had that one quicksaved... it would have been neat to see the ring of death coming......

On another note.... something that should be easy... stick on decals. For example, you could grab a national flag as a "part" (with zero mass and drag), and stick it onto your booster.

Other decorations too... Roman numerals (like on the quadrants of a Saturn S1-C), GSE umbilical ports (non functional, just for looks), maybe even a customizable decal (type in something like "Danger Toxic Fumes" and add from a selection of clipart - maybe a skull and crossbones) and stick them near RCS quads.... or choose the text (vertical or horizontal and the color) and stick a nice vertical "United States" in red on the side of a fuel tank (again, like a Saturn booster).

Little bits like that would not use up any more processing power (i.e. wouldn't slow down the game) and would go a long way toward making the vehicle look "really neat".

An eventual expansion with another solar system to reach, with better drives to research to get there, etc. Not necessarily FTL, either.

Oooh, or a second sandbox option that randomly generates your solar system, and then you can visit other player's systems and explore their planets and bases :D but that's a bit more of a pipe dream hehe.

I would like:

Wages for staff. Get better r+d by paying for better scientists.

Indications as to encounter windows.

Auto time warp stop approaching maneuver nodes and soi's.

Faster time warps.

More flexible build mechanics.

Engineer redux.

Kerbaliser in game.

Another solar system.

More engines.

MapSat.

I would seriously barf rainbows if all these things ended up in the final game

the devs are only human, i know, but we can pray...

Feature? My greatest hope for KSP is that the developers start releasing incremental patches. This bi-monthly, feature-loaded, patching will kill KSP. Just look at the number of great mods that are languishing because of mod apathy. New players are also being put off by the great many bugs that, while nothing game-breaking, are an annoyance when you do not expect them.

So... the feature I most want is whatever technology is necessary (ie torrents+a working patcher) for Squad to push smaller patches at more regular intervals.

A way to see your spacecraft's delta-V, TWR, and mass in the VAB (without mods).

More non-easter-egg details on planets ... plus dynamic features like clouds on planets with atmosphere, volcanoes on Eve, frost in the morning on Duna, cryovolcanoes on Eeloo, etc.

The ability to explore Jool's atmosphere all the way down to the crushing-pressure level.

Resources.

I would love to have in a career mode little clips of news coverage of your launches, like actual footage of your launches, successes, and awesome explosions. It could even be a little grainy to give it that nice space race era feel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.