What future feature (confirmed or otherwise) is your biggest hope for KSP?

I had not seen that "planned features" wiki page before now. It was an exciting read. I know very little of it is set in stone, but I hope a lot of it will end up in KSP.

One of the things I am looking forward to most is the ability to do science in space and return the data to Kerbin, and that evidently is coming in .22, so I'm a little giddy about that already. Beyond that, some other possibilities (some from the "planned features" page) that most excite me about KSP are:

1) Re-entry heating and damage

2) Additional planet details, but most especially clouds and night side city lighting for Kerbin itself

3) More planets/moons/asteroids/comets/etc. in the solar system to visit

4) An observatory where you go to actually discover such additional solar system objects - until then, they are still out there, but you can't see them on your navigational charts until you either find them with the observatory or else encounter them in an actual flight. (I can imagine flying a mission to the outer reaches of the solar system and suddenly happening upon some object I hadn't previously known was there ... exciting! Even moreso if you end up running right smack into it, hehe.)

I would love to have in a career mode little clips of news coverage of your launches, like actual footage of your launches, successes, and awesome explosions. It could even be a little grainy to give it that nice space race era feel.

You know... recording a mission should be EASY. All that needs to be saved is a timeline, coordinates vs time and the parts that make up the vehicle. It would be easy to "play back" that data into the game engine and replay what had already been done. I'm sure it would even be easy to watch a recorded mission from another location (like watching a launch from the ground or seeing a lander coming in for a landing while watching from the destination planet).

That's the same thing that's done for multiplayer. Every player's coordinates are sent over the network and each client renders the remote players at their coordinates. Shooter games also send weapon and projectile vector data so that shots, hits and misses can be rendered on all clients.

Only problem with multiplayer is that each client would need the same setup (or be able to download parts and textures for missing parts). Hacked parts (like fuel tanks with double the fuel) would need to some how be prevented (or replicated to all players).

Also, more realistic mass and fuel loads would be nice. Big solid boosters for manned vehicles don't burn out in 20 seconds, for example......

Random generated celestial bodies make no sense since they would be there one time but not the next. And if they were generated each time the game was started and saved, the universe would clutter up with planets! :)

It would also be impossible for anyone else to fly a mission to the same planet that you did (because only you have it).

However, a lot more "permanent" bodies like comets and asteroids would be nice.

You just repeated what i said, i meant that a random number of small celestial bodies (i.e. asteroids, comets, etc.), in random orbits that persist with your save (and are generated on new game).

I meant that a random number of small celestial bodies (i.e. asteroids, comets, etc.), in random orbits that persist with your save (and are generated on new game).

That feature would be great if implemented. Although I'd prefer them the same for everyone.

Also, you can't see the termination shock because of the low density of the gasses.

Edited by DJEN

Some sort of space construction to make building larger/more complex ships a little easier. Obviously you'd have to ship all the parts/fuel to it before you could use them, but it saves having to launch a big battleship Space Station from Kerbin.

I wonder how multiplayer would work! I can imagine griefers though, or a space race between different groups.

I'd like to see more dangerous things, things like asteroids, micrometeorites, random failures so engineers are needed

It might seems odd, but I would really, really, really like to see some quality stock fairings added ... I spend a lot of time building craft and it's silly that I have to launch them sitting on top of a bare rocket :(

I'm really looking forward to enhanced IVA, I find myself building Space Stations that turn up quite empty because traveling between compartments requires EVAs or mods.

I'd also like the ability to do real science and have it count for something. I hope that there will be a central knowledge base with the results of all the science that I've done so far, so I can go back and check something or just look at my progress thus far. It would also give me more motivation to explore Kerbin itself; I haven't even been to the polar launch site due to disinterest.

Finally, I'm eagerly awaiting the day when resources are built into KSP. I enjoy Kethane well enough, but it will be very interesting when I can have a mining operation on an asteroid for one component, on the Mun for another, Minmus for a third, and so on, in order to build something really special.

An eventual expansion with another solar system to reach, with better drives to research to get there, etc. Not necessarily FTL, either.

I'd like to see multiple random solar systems to go to. If there could be a seed for your universe, that determined what stars were around etc.

The main problem with the game now is that once you do something there is little motivation to do it again, ie if I land on moho, I don't need to do it again. If we had random solar systems, there is always something new to see!

I'd like to see multiple random solar systems to go to. If there could be a seed for your universe, that determined what stars were around etc.

The main problem with the game now is that once you do something there is little motivation to do it again, ie if I land on moho, I don't need to do it again. If we had random solar systems, there is always something new to see!

This is why i suggested random small celestial bodys.

I really rather like the idea of random seed minor celestial bodies. Given the forthcoming resource system, finding, mapping and scouting out these minor very low gravity bodies could be a very good way to acquire certain rare materials to either help science! things up or even increase your budget/allow building/using more advanced parts. (something like SuperAdvanced Shark Mounted Laser Printer requires X amount of kerbal currency and Y amount of rare printer ink from Asteroid Xerox per unit installed on the craft, additional budget items.. )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.