What future feature (confirmed or otherwise) is your biggest hope for KSP?

Fully interactive IVA's, moving around inside the spaceship.

I really hope this stuff makes it into the finally game.

Would really like to see an IVA where I can at least do the whole mission from inside and all the information I need would be displayed inside.

I would really like movable parts like those from "damned robitics". It would improve stock KSP like the docking in my opinion because it would open a wide variety of possibilitys including robotic arms.

Second important would be crew tasks (doing some science and digging on the muns/planets) - first on EVA then on IVA later.

And third "tubing/hoses" for creating bases and connecting them and refueling etc.

What about robotic arms guys?

I've been thinking... it would be awesome to recover parts this way in career mode!

Definitely! I would love a robotic arm to grasp objects.

My pick though, and I don't think it was mentioned, is a programmable computer. Open a dialogue and start writing Lua or Python or whatever. Then certain complicated tasks could be handled with better precision. You could have a scripted action, so things happen in a sequence.

Honestly I really want to have the FTL and the tech tree / journey of missions to get it.

I enjoy sandbox, however I would really like to start building my space empire with bases on each planet, moon, or asteroid I choose and constructed jump gates between a small cluster of stars.

Want to be able to feel like my space program is having an impact on space, changing it.

I love this tier of tech, I also really want to play in a half step (or full step depending on your personal way of measuring) above our current tech.

Not star trek tech, just the edge of it, the kerbal edge of it.

SCIENCE!!

I think it's kinda cheap to be able to just fire up the wiki and find out which planets have atmospheres and how much thrust/chutes are required to land safely, and thus plan landing missions without your KSC having to figure this out for themselves. (Not to knock anyone who does this -- myself included -- I just want that extra step of learning about them myself.) I want to send probes out with scientific instruments and measure gravity, atmosphere, etc., I want to map surfaces to plan landing sites, and I want to gather and return samples. I want purpose to my missions beyond "I did this!" I mean, that's great and all, I just want more of a reason, y'know? I'm greedy like that...

(I also want resources for the same reason, but to be "fully" implemented I think science is a precursor to that -- gotta get the samples and the maps to figure out what resources are where, y'know?)

Unless it would be considered part of tweakables, procedural parts that allow you to change the size, shape, etc. That would lead to much more unique designs than just having a ton of parts. And resources/life support, not that Kethane, IPL, and the life support mods aren't good, but both being stock IMO would make things a little more intuitive and compatible instead of having to mine kethane and ore, and send out resupply ships with water and food to make sure the kerbals don't starve to death. Would make for an interesting self sustaining Laythe base

RESOURCES.

Also, more easter eggs/things to find and do in the game. Building things is fun, but when I get to a planet once, there isn't much motivation to do a similar mission again. If we had resources, at least I would have some bases to build. Maybe in career mode we can get missions like "return samples from these coordinates on Duna", and then the devs could spend extra time making those particular sites on Duna interesting places to land/walk around. That would save them having to add crazy fine detail to the entire surface of multiple planets. Maybe you should only be able to see the coordinates of the sample return locations once you've mapped the planet and sent some rovers or something as part of other, simpler missions.

tbh, I can live with this being a sandbox game forever. Not that career mode would be bad or anything, just that it is not my top priority.

I really would like to see a comprehensive parts list, with parts that are designed to go together.

The current struts/girders, whatever you want to call them, completely baffle me. Its like a different person designed each part.

I really think they should implement most of the features before they implement career mode, personally. I think it would be cool if they made third mode where you have a budget, but it dosen't have specific missions like Career mode.

Edited by Bioman222

Procedural generation of planets and solar systems, but in order to reach new systems and planets we would need:

-Colonies, planetary or space based launchpads

-Resource gathering, processing and research, to be used in the creation of crafts outside of Kerin, and sustaining life on the colonies.

-FTL, to be used to fly across solar systems but not inside them, would require exotic and rare resources

-Researching planets using scientific equipment

Moving parts such as in DR, doors/gates..

A part creator that would allow you to create custom engines/tanks/panels/structures/mechanisms/etc of various shapes with different properties, as well as painting, adding decals and text. For example you could easily circular or triangular solar panels which can fit perfectly into your craft, unique shapes for rovers, space station, custom truss parts, compact electronics and scientific equipment, small and accurate mechanisms/servos.

I would like some form of space center customization. Like be able to choose a color theme, buy building designs for a career mode and certain equipment that can be used to take samples for no reason :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.