[WIP] Component Huygens probe.

Naten

Hello, all. Today, I am here to show off what will be my first real mod. It's still a work-in-progress, as the prefix suggests, though. I will be happy once it's completed. Like many other modders... Anyways! I have yet to see a mod with a Huygens probe system. I am developing a model of the Huygens probe right now. It will have some components that could be assembled.

Planned parts:

-Huygens probe core

-Parachute

-Heat shield, should function as a decoupler so none are needed to separate it once it's done being used. I also want to tweak it so it works with Deadly Re-Entry, but I think I should contact its modder first.

-Huygens instrument set, functions as Gravioli, Accelerometer, Barometer, and Thermometer detectors. I want to make a seperate version that has a Kethane unit and an ISA mapper. But, again, I must request permission to allow it to be compatible with Kethane or ISA's MapSat before I do upload it, I think.

This is how it would be assembled...

Chute

Huygens Core

Heat Shield

-----

LAUNCH VEHICLE

AND TRANSFER STAGE,

MAY COME IN THE FUTURE!

Seems simple enough, no? Please tell me what you think.

Cheers.

Edited by Naten

Please pardon my ignorance, but, What's the Huygens probe? What does/did it do?

It was an atmospheric probe dropped by the Cassini spacecraft around Saturn into Titan's atmosphere. There, it took photos and a video of the journey to the surface. When it reached the surface, it kinda broke.

It was an atmospheric probe dropped by the Cassini spacecraft around Saturn into Titan's atmosphere. There, it took photos and a video of the journey to the surface. When it reached the surface, it kinda broke.

Lmao at "kinda broke"

Yep. I may also model a Cassini probe to drop it off at Laythe, or some other atmospheric moon or planet. I recommend Eve or Laythe, maybe even Kerbin for fun, because of the thick atmospheres. Now that I am thinking about thick atmospheres, I thought of Jupiter and Galileo...hm...Tell me what you think! What do you want to see first? I am texturing the Huygens probe right now! I have no graphics tablet...please excuse my bad textures. I will accept a texture for the probe, too!

Also, note that the probe will be ugly, very ugly. I am a noob at this modding game. sorry :'(

I have modeled the Huygens core, it looks okay now. It's sideways however, so, it's very hard to use. I can't figure out how to add attacher nodes yet, too. Please, please, please help me with these things.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.