what version of the game did you download first?

duncan1297

first version you bought  

16 members have voted

1. 1. first version you bought

I think I got the game at .19. Might've been .18. I got it on steam in April, right when that whole expansion misunderstanding took place and anyone who purchased the game before the end of april were guaranteed all future updates and expansions(if they even make paid expansions) for free.

I was holding off 'till career mode was implemented, but I do love me some free stuff, even if it's stuff that probably won't actually be made >.>

I think mine was .18, after I saw my first Scott Manley video, which convinced me this wasn't some kind of cartoony game, but a math-based game of orbital mechanics. Upon seeing this, I said, "TAKE MY MONEY!!!"

• 4 years later...

Bad necro, but I started in 0.18.4

No rovers, no mining, no sub assemblies, old space center, no communications, science, career, had to have a command part as the root of a vessel, garbage aerodynamics model, no Gamedata file structure, ugly old space plane parts, 3.75m was considered big, sas had to be turned off in order to change attitude, there was more than one kind of sas, no fairings, no reentry heat/heat management, mun was flat as a board, the sun shined through the planets, roverdude wasn't even making mods yet, etc

I started around .16 and played quite a bit until the patch that broke aerodynamics for me and made it to hard to play. Now I'm back and managed to mod it back close to what it was and having fun again on career mode. I think it's funny the guy above me called it a "garbage aerodynamics model." while it was unrealistic it was funner IMHO. I lost interest as its a game and supposed to be fun and will never be entirely real anyways. 

Edited by MaGicBush

31 minutes ago, MaGicBush said:

I started around .16 and played quite a bit until the patch that broke aerodynamics for me and made it to hard to play. Now I'm back and managed to mod it back close to what it was and having fun again on career mode. I think it's funny the guy above me called it a "garbage aerodynamics model." while it was unrealistic it was funner IMHO. I lost interest as its a game and supposed to be fun and will never be entirely real anyways. 

Harder how?  The old style aerodynamics made it so much harder to leave the soup-o-sphere.

1 hour ago, Corona688 said:

Harder how?  The old style aerodynamics made it so much harder to leave the soup-o-sphere.

Well I had a different experience, and found it easier to leave and reenter. I'm not the only one either. Google reveals a lot of other people who wanted it modded back. 

Edited by MaGicBush

2 hours ago, Corona688 said:

I'm guessing "Harder because it's not the way I'm used to."

Oh, and 1.3 was my introduction. 

Edited by Geonovast

.19. Not the oldest version. But I certainly got to ride the developmental train and it was a hell of a ride. I remember my first update- I got the Cupola module, the skipper engine, the command chair, and a few other things that I can't recall (I could cheat by looking at the changelog on the wiki, but I'm going based off of the memory of first using it).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.