what version of the game did you download first?

duncan1297

first version you bought  

16 members have voted

1. 1. first version you bought

before the map.

Then they decided to start charging and I took a break until I bought at .18.

I've since bought 4 more copies of the game and given them to friends and family.

Edited by FITorion

I believe I brought one of the last 0.18 builds, I tried the demo on Steam back in early May then picked up whatever the Early Access project build was at the time. Pretty sure it was just before 0.19 but not by a great deal.

I downloaded 0.13, which was the only "demo", but I bought 0.18.2. :)

Same. I found the game through KurtJMac when he started playing it in 0.13.2. I liked it, but not quite enough to buy it; especially since I myself am too young to have a credit card and my parents never bothered getting one. In 0.17, however, my desire to play grew and I downloaded the demo. After playing for a couple weeks I worked up the courage to ask my dad if I could get this game as an early Christmas present (this was during KerbalKon, Nov 30 2012). To my surprise, he said he'd been deciding whether or not he should get one for a while now and since this game was < $20 he was okay with it. Sadly, the credit card took a whole month to arrive (especially because of the busy holiday season) and on December 31st I finally got to play it in 0.18.2.

Thanks for reading!

Happy Flying! :D

.13 for me. Then bought .14. I remember having to chose between landing on the Mun with winglets or just engines. Their was a lot of painful frustrating failed landing back then.

Edited by ramses

I can't remember. I know I got it before 0.17 because my first mission after that came out was straight to Duna with a nuclear lander (that worked the first time and had enough fuel to return! Beginner's luck, no doubt).

I remember flying through the Sun before it had an insta-kill surface around it. Does anyone know what were the main features of each update?

First discovered the game sometime in 0.8 or 0.9. I was disheartened when I heard that 0.13 was the last free version. But when I saw the previews for what was coming in 0.14, I shut up and gave them my money. I don't think I'll ever find a better value for $10.

"Back in my day, the only thing you could do was orbit Kerbin and the only way you could tell if you were in orbit was by waiting an hour to see if you fell back down!"

This made me laugh way more than it probably should have...

A friend showed me KSP at a LAN party we were having, I played the demo all of about 10min before I was hooked and bought what was then the newly minted 0.16.0.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.