TARDIS - My first mod

henrik908

Hello, i love doctor who, so i wanna make a tardis mod, texture and modelling skill, 1% maybe :P

//Henrik

May I ask which version of the Tardis you're planning on making? I'd recommend the newest, as it looks simpler to model/texture than the previous ones.

Hello, i love doctor who, so i wanna make a tardis mod, texture and modelling skill, 1% maybe :P

i will post progress here, so...

say what you think please and remember, its my first mod

//Henrik

This would be a good first mod to try, i've made a few now. I'm not releasing any of them until I am better with IVA - don't forget the magic of the Tardis. Small outside, impossibly big inside.

My advice would be treat the tardis like your average rocket when you are building it. It might be square, but essentially you can still look at it as a rocket you build from the bottom up. How you make it fly however is going to be your fun project. Making the model (and the incredibly basic texture) should not take you very long at all. Modelling a Tardis is pretty easy - just start with a cube and subdivide it a couple of times and start shifting verts. Copy that piece then rescale it vertically to the required height, add the details and then onto the next piece.

My only negative note would be don't make it a rocket. Tardis appear and dissapear. They don't fly through space, they shortcut through it. If you want to make a Tardis that's unlike the other 5 tardis mods that have existed in the past, make it authentic.

-snip- My only negative note would be don't make it a rocket. Tardis appear and dissapear. They don't fly through space, they shortcut through it. If you want to make a Tardis that's unlike the other 5 tardis mods that have existed in the past, make it authentic.

well that's not exactly true it can fly through space and sometimes the doctor does do that.

What i recommend is that you do what devo suggested as he is right but also give the player the ability to fly it like a rocket except the "door" being the front as the TARDIS when flying moves horizontally and can move move vertically. the problem though is that you also have to allow it to be able to move in a straight line while spinning also when loping the "center of the loop" is the tip of the light. now i'm most likely telling you what you already know in which case: derp, anyway that's my thoughts

My only negative note would be don't make it a rocket. Tardis appear and dissapear. They don't fly through space, they shortcut through it. If you want to make a Tardis that's unlike the other 5 tardis mods that have existed in the past, make it authentic.

My thoughts exactly. The only 5 TARDISes ran off RCS translation for the most part. I think it would be cool to have this.

This would be a good first mod to try, i've made a few now. I'm not releasing any of them until I am better with IVA - don't forget the magic of the Tardis. Small outside, impossibly big inside.

My advice would be treat the tardis like your average rocket when you are building it. It might be square, but essentially you can still look at it as a rocket you build from the bottom up. How you make it fly however is going to be your fun project. Making the model (and the incredibly basic texture) should not take you very long at all. Modelling a Tardis is pretty easy - just start with a cube and subdivide it a couple of times and start shifting verts. Copy that piece then rescale it vertically to the required height, add the details and then onto the next piece.

i am working on a model in sketch up.... i really need to learn some blender basics, but i was not that hard to make the box, but it looks terrible

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.