[WIP, PARTS] Random Parts Mod

Ohfive30

Heres the blue escape vessel

also im thinking, rather than having just a blue window, if i modeled the interior in that mesh aswell, so ingame you could see through the window to the kerbal, or could that be too much of a performance hit

OEOt8Bg.jpg

Edited by Rareden

Heres the blue escape vessel

also im thinking, rather than having just a blue window, if i modeled the interior in that mesh aswell, so ingame you could see through the window to the kerbal, or could that be too much of a performance hit

Those escape vessels are looking pretty cool. as far as doing the insides and having a transparent window, I don't know if it'd be a big performance hit or not, perhaps give yourself a polygon limit to stick to, say 2k or 3k and see how it goes. and also, as I understand it, multiple materials can affect performance in a big way, so try and keep the interior using the same UV/Texture space as the exterior. that way you can use the same material.

maybe there's another mod out there that has interiors showing that you could check out and see if it has any performance issues, I did see one with clear helicopter style cockpits, but i think they may have been like an EVA cockpit or something.

Those escape vessels are looking pretty cool. as far as doing the insides and having a transparent window, I don't know if it'd be a big performance hit or not, perhaps give yourself a polygon limit to stick to, say 2k or 3k and see how it goes. and also, as I understand it, multiple materials can affect performance in a big way, so try and keep the interior using the same UV/Texture space as the exterior. that way you can use the same material.

maybe there's another mod out there that has interiors showing that you could check out and see if it has any performance issues, I did see one with clear helicopter style cockpits, but i think they may have been like an EVA cockpit or something.

i dont think the game cares about polys that much, because the kerbals have about 8k polys on then, that craft only has 1,300. I got it into the game aswell but someone else will need to do all the thruster, command pod, and decoupler scripting because i have no idea how to do that part of it.

It does seem to look a bit big but the window area is the same size as the single kerbal lander can.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

anyone know how to create the internal setup, where the kerbal sits and all that

there's some information on it here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25013-Compilation-of-modding-information-links-for-0-19-20-21-Last-updated-3rd-September I haven't looked at the interior tutorials yet myself, but I hope to start on them as soon as I solve my problem with obstructed hatches.

I can help with the thrusters and rcs and docking etc if you want.

so what pivot controls the center of mass, because im making the engines for that and it just does forward flips when i turn on the engines

As far as I Know, you can't specify the center of mass, I think to keep track of where it is the best thing you can do is import your model to unity with it's pivot centered (not sure what program you use, but in maya there's a center pivot command), that way 0,0,0 should be pretty much your center of mass, and you can align the thrust transforms up to that. perhaps another thing you can do to make it easier to get the thrust evened out is have a single thrust transform, and then just have several fx definitions if you've got several boosters. I'm abot to spend the evening putting the lights on the command pods I've done so if i come across any other info on the center of mass I'll let you know.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.