Sign in to follow this  
GDMick17

Damn it Steam!

you made me think i had 0.21 to play with...sad face :(

Screen_Shot_2013_07_24_at_17_51_57.jpg

anyone know what steam means by just updated?

Wait what?!

EDIT: wait a minute! The store is under "maintenance"! Could this be...

Edited by RocketPilot573

Yeah, i was just browsing steam and that was on the 'featured' page.....and now the KSP server is under maintenance.... :0.0:

Server maintenance was mentioned in last KSP Weekly. But...could it be...????:D

edit-----

"Alex (aLeXmOrA): Putting finishing touches to the webdev stuff. Do not panic if the website goes into maintenance mode."

Probably this. Be still my beating heart...:P

Edited by Scotius

It could just as easily be the new spaceport. There was mention of the site going into maintenance mode in this weeks weekly newsletter. It might even be nothing at all.

Guys, server maintenance is not related to KSP update. It's just a maintenance. Uploading a .zip file doesn't bring a website down.

tl;dr: maintenance != update

If it is not a fluk.. Steam will be the last to get it.. Since well thats just how steam works.

So if it does come out today... You will get it eventually..

If not then you won't. ;)

There would already be a post to tell us it is. Skunky and Harv both aren't in the process of making one, so it most likely isn't. Go home people.

Guys, server maintenance is not related to KSP update. It's just a maintenance. Uploading a .zip file doesn't bring a website down.

tl;dr: maintenance != update

You're fairly new here, so I'll forgive the naivete. When .18 came out, it took me 4 hours to finally download the game :P

perhaps they're optimizing the store in preparation for the heavy traffic to follow immediately after??? :confused:

You're fairly new here, so I'll forgive the naivete. When .18 came out, it took me 4 hours to finally download the game :P

says the guy with 115 posts to the guy with 1,782 posts... XD

I was there when .18 came out. My download time was pretty fast, not because they had a server breakdown on an update that every does so. .19 and .20 did not bring the server down. It could simply be that the website had more traffic than intended and shut down, or simply another break, could happen anytime, it was just at an unfortunate time. I'm not that new, great purge of April got me.

Also:

I messaged /u/skunkmonkey about it with this thread. Sorry to be, as my students say, policing but I figured they should know.

permalinkparent

[–]Tefal 4 points 21 minutes ago

You did the right thing IMO. I was writing a message to c7 about that, but then I saw their site was down, which means they're actually doing something - either as reaction to a leak, or as preparation for the actual release. They might have been testing shortly whether the patcher was working like this.

permalinkparent

[–]Bzerker01 2 points 8 minutes ago

We know. -/u/skunkmonkey

It leaked apparently.

says the guy with 115 posts to the guy with 1,782 posts... XD

Check the join date son.

I messaged /u/skunkmonkey about it with this thread. Sorry to be, as my students say, policing but I figured they should know.

permalinkparent

[–]Tefal 4 points 21 minutes ago

You did the right thing IMO. I was writing a message to c7 about that, but then I saw their site was down, which means they're actually doing something - either as reaction to a leak, or as preparation for the actual release. They might have been testing shortly whether the patcher was working like this.

permalinkparent

[–]Bzerker01 2 points 8 minutes ago

We know. -/u/skunkmonkey

Saw that.

Maybe there was a mistake and some ppl got it a bit early? If they did its probrably pretty buggy though. :P

edit - omg sites been updated, new layout :D (not 0.21 just the website)