The Grand 0.21 Dumping Thread

Ascensiam

this is how the Neil Armstrong memorial scenery looks like now

vjMcZu5.jpg

gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.

So glad you posted this, it let me find the NAM again. I landed at the Apollo 11 site to within 10m (0°41'15" N 23°26' E) but all there was was a crater. Now I know the NAM is at 0°42`55"N 22°44`41"E, a good few Km from the actual landing site...

That's alot of kerbals there

Flew 'em all up in one launch...mostly. Jeb and Bill were already on the surface from a previous munshot I made, so I left two seats empty for them. I left a third empty in the lander cans for Bob, since he was already in the cupola flying the base. He flew an entire research station to the Mun while its crew did science.

I love the new astronaut complex. Doing that in one launch was a pain in the rear to say the least before 0.21.

My only disappointment with the new KSC is that when you load it up at night and go to the VAB it is suddenly day again.

Also is it just me or does it take longer to go to the launchpad now?

Otherwise I really love the new look. It feels... clean.

I've been redesigning everything in my new save, all my old craft are languishing.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

New SAS isn't that good for me when it comes to space , I can't seem to get it into locking mode or it just never corrects as advertised. MechJeb saved my space program while I wait for an update.

I just found this... I feel a little silly even posting it, as probably everyone already knows but... Has anyone noticed the quick launch thing?

EA26C5A05B118E5555E1542A59D4BE21517B3F99

Click on the tower or the run way and you can pick any of your spaceships/space planes to launch without going through the VAB or SPH.

I adore the new SAS. So many brilliantly retarded things suddenly made so perfectly possible...

[...]

screenshot38.png

Hahaha! That´s how i felt playing one of those X-games (those space-economy games): Like flying around in some sort of cosmic wheelchair. I never liked that game.

Am really happy that my save is ok so my rover is still on the muns surface so I can look around. :)

new_mun.png

[...]

I´d like to give an estimate, by how many percent this picture would have been cooler, had you put on some green stuff, made the appropriate facial expression and put that com-window of yours to the lower right, instead of the upper left - alas i dont know any number that high... :D

I am going to tell you a story of how I got 7 kerbals into an escape trajectory out of kerbin.

The story starts off with me jokingly slapping together a rocket with about 10 of those orange fuel tanks in different places. I go to test the rocket when I discover the rocket flies very well. Shocked, I start to improve my design. Keep in mind I'm an amateur at KSP. As I improve the design and launch some rockets into orbit, I get the unoriginal idea of making a space station.

I fire the thing up and shoot it into orbit. It had been so long since I actually got something to stay up there. As I try to send a random attachment to it, I fail and end up scrapping both missions. That means the station and the attachment.

I decide I want to send up a bunch of men in that one rocket at the same time. What I did is I grabbed the first cockpit with

a capacity of 3 men. I begin by putting all the men in the ship on EVA and I move them away from the launchpad. I repeat the process until I have 8 men waiting at the side. I ended the flight of the guy still in the ship.

I drag out my ship that got into orbit earlier and bring the first kerbal forward towards the ship at 4X speed because I was being impatient. The kerbal's name was Sidler. I forgot to drop the ladders down and so I switch to the ship. After about 5 seconds, I start to hear explosions. The whole ship was starting to explode directly over Sidler.

Sidler died and so I brushed it off and pulled out another ship. I look for the kerbals that were standing at the edge of the launchpad and they had disappeared. I go over to the Space-observatory-thingy and check for the kerbals.

Sure enough they were there on the screen under EVA's. I clicked on EVA's and under every kerbal it listed "on escape trajectory out of kerbin."

The funny thing is they weren't in any sort of ship or anything. Purely just EVA's flung into space by an explosion. They're extremely lucky to be alive.

I ended their flights because I had no use for them.

Turns out that since I sped up the game and the suddenly slowed it down by switching ships, it caused the top cockpits to tip over and break off. The end result was an explosion.

R.I.P. Sidler.

Edited by Xavienth

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my first Kerbaled mission to the Mun in .21! ( Sorry for no launch-LKO pictures!)

xrWVkf6.png

Shortly after my TMI burn

x7dCdtu.png

Kerbin rising above the horizon just before geting into orbit around the Mun

ismQEXs.png

"KSC, Tranquility base here, the Keagle has landed" - Jebadiah Kerman

M7H3jVZ.png

Jebadiah, happily standing on the Munar Surface

95EZQgP.png

Jebadiah decided to get a view of the area, using his EVA suit to fly 1km above the landing site

uVjZ7Uh.png

After Jebadiah declared the site safe, Bill and Bob started their EVAs and joined Jeb for a nice photo

1EnvBY7.png

Bob went and flew over to a near by crater Jeb saw from above, at a distance of just over 3km Bob wasnt sure if he had enough fuel to fly back..

6cADQAL.png

Almost!

9o5jTx2.png

The crew now sits in their capsule, awaiting a rescue ship due to low fuel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.