Say it here if .21 works perfectly for you

stupid_chris

Am I the only one who's having no issues with .21? Everything is working perfectly here. The SAS module is doing exactly the work it's intended for (meaning stabilizing your rocket, not holding a heading), the terrain looks great, the craters are beautiful, the space center is gorgeous, the crew management system works great, new parts are functional, nothing is broken, not getting any crash in any way... really, I can't be the only one that has everything working properly, no?

We had this thread a while back when .20 came out. People who are having problems, will show them out and ask for them to be fixed, but those who aren't usually stay silent and just enjoy the game. Now I just want to see how many people actually have this working properly, so if .21 works great for you, post it here, this way we can get a real image of the situation.

Thanks to everyone.

The SAS module is doing exactly the work it's intended for (meaning stabilizing your rocket, not holding a heading)-

But ASAS is supposed to hold your heading. That was the use of the part, compared to the regular SAS.

this thread has zero reply.

(no mine DOESNT work FFS)

Give It a chance, will you. It was only 5 minutes between your comment and his comment.

Yes the new update is great. Haven't been to the Mun yet, just been messing around seeing what is new first hand. But it all looks great from where I am. The SAS works fine as well.

It would be playable if my decouplers decoupled, or my lv-909... poodles etc actually produced any thrust....

The whole version is bugged.

I like the SAS, because it's challenging.. You just have to get used to adding wings to your rocket... But SAS doesn't stabilize that well... it's quite week.

It would be playable if my decouplers decoupled, or my lv-909... poodles etc actually produced any thrust....

The whole version is bugged.

I like the SAS, because it's challenging.. You just have to get used to adding wings to your rocket... But SAS doesn't stabilize that well... it's quite week.

You need to get a fresh reinstall from the ksp store, or you can restart the game and see if it works.

this is probably going to turn into a 0.21 ASAS/SAS thread :)

I suggest we all wait a bit for C7 to write an article about the ASAS changes he's made.

in the meantime: yes 0.21 seems to work better for me (Windows 7 64 bit, will try on a Mac soon).

maybe going from VAB/SPH to the flight scene takes a liiiiiittle bit longer, but then I don't have to wait for the craft or the scenery to load (aka the stage led turning to green.)

I almost didn't download the update after seeing all the problems but my first impressions are very positive, I much prefer the new SAS as it operates like R/C heli's I fly where the gyro dampens movement and holds direction but the pilot can override it with the controls. I used to hate switching ASAS on and off all the time to make small adjustments.

I've only done one quick test flight to the Mun but the landscape looks much more interesting and challenging. Loving the new Space Centre and VAB graphics too.

Edited by Bedazzled

this thread has zero reply.

(no mine DOESNT work FFS; cant even click launch)

After five minutes and the forums borked, that's normal.

But ASAS is supposed to hold your heading. That was the use of the part, compared to the regular SAS.

ASAS is gone. It doesn't exist anymore. The only module now is SAS.

To both of you, this thread is for people who are having no problem with .21 to post about it. There are threads already to complain about the new system, please keep it there. I really don't want a flame war here.

Thanks.

So far it works great for me, although I haven't tried the space planes. The new ASAS seems great as well....I think people might need to shake their heads and experiment for more than an hour before the come splurge on the forums.

EDIT: I have now managed to reproduce a few of the issues people are complaining about. For me, simpler rockets with few engines (even if the ship is large) work very well. However, as I add complexity, and most importantly, more simultaneously firing rockets something goes wrong. They are still carefully flyable, but they do tend to torque in one direction even after adding reaction wheels, etc, and they are touchy as hell on the controls. Small inputs at the wrong time can send you into a spin.

Edited by Grumplestiltskin

I've just started playing but after getting used to the new parts it seems to be working just fine for me.

It was laggy near the ground at high speed (like when deorbiting) but turning down the ocean settings as stated in another thread fixed that right up.

Worked first time for me, but I started fresh, no save upgrades. I have found the new version much better than the last, and I have had to make adjustments to the way I play, but well worth it - having a blast with it! Already been to and landed on the new Mun and back - its looking awesome!

I can confirm the oceans are still laggy a bit, but it's not a new issue. Just landed on the Mun, totally stock, not even MechJeb or Engineer Redux, it had been a while. No problems whatsoever. Currently sending a manned rover to Eve to see if terrain tweaks have been made there.

I'm loving it. I used mechjeb a lot in .20 but now I'm modless and happy to find that docking isn't as hard as it once was for me. There really needs to be a proper explanation of how the control modules and command pod torque works. Using mechjeb I had no call to use them before. I'm not having any random flip out problems like other people seem to be having but then again I've only been playing the new patch for a few hours and only controlling relatively small ships so far.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.