Say it here if .21 works perfectly for you

stupid_chris

perfectly happy here, just docked a heavy refuelling ship with my Kethane Drill unit in LKO, all stock (except Kethane ofc) transferred the fuel, and brought back the refuelship back too KSC.

Its different as before, ships do seem to be less snappier, but feel more like it should be.. i needed a bit more ahead planning in manouvring, and allmost overshot the ship i wanted too dock with.

No more quick turns, and snap it into position, now i actually have too counter the rotations of my ships with as much force counterwise as too the direction i've had them turn too..

It has become a tat harder, but i think this is how it supposed to be opposing how it was..

I like it.. its a step towards how i think ships in space should manouvre..

Planes idem, really like how stable they fly..

And ofc... Hitchiker IVA!!!! YES!

If this is all good for the planes that's great and all but I thought this was a space flight game. My old rocket builds can't even pull off grav turns without going completely haywire now. I start the grav turn and the ship just starts spinning out of control. I don't know exactly what changed but I can't even get a decent 0 degree orbit now, I am flying all over the place.

Is there anyway to get .2 back?

Working awesome for me, ASAS is great, I finally am able to build aircraft that make sense aerodynamically and fly well.. I built some small rockets and a couple of 300-500+ monstrosities which flew great.. it's refreshing to manually get into orbit without Mechjeb. I've been to the Mun and about to head to Duna.. and today was the first time I was able to get a SSTO spaceplane into orbit with enough fuel to get to the Mun. I took a plane on tour around Kerbin and the terrain looks great, the space center looks great and the Mun is awesome with the new terrain (btw, some of the terrain on the Mun is now higher than 4k ;) )

I can't wait to see what Duna looks like!

I have the sound cutting out now and then and what looks like the old sound/rocket interrupt every 10-20 seconds.

Asas and SAS will hold a heading, once you get it headed the direction you want, the old one would swing it back by itself when you turned it on as you went your desired heading, new on does not do that, you have to get it on target, then it will hold. Larger rockets need the extra asas unit to do it but it worked for me. Is different and will take a bit of getting used to. The small satellites I built on the other versions would act like this when I turned sas on.

I like the fact you no longer have to strut EVERY stage and tank to hold your rocket together.

Edited by Procyon

strange I can't seem to get it to work, I load a rocket but none of the buttons work, can save, launch, new, etc.

did the update break the craft files too?

Not supposed. Depends what mods you are using. I heard MechJeb can do that, along with Lazor mods.

I really don't know, I'm waiting for the patches .21.1 and .21.2 to come out assuming its like .20 when it came out. Once patches are released I will then end up updating.

Same thing here...

Same thing I did when .20, let all of the little kinks be worked out and mods to be updated.

But I will set it up to play around with it though.....

One thing I've noticed: Mun is pretty buggy. the altitude gauge (the smaller bar on the bottom, atleast) never moves out of the dark black once you're on it. lost Bob that way... kinda mad but oh well. :/

I haven't played in a couple months, but I fired it up tonight and built a brand new orbiter craft to try out the new SAS + reaction wheels.

Main column had the main SAS unit with the built in reaction wheels. One tank, one battery, on engine.

Two radial tanks, engine, and reaction wheels at the top. Lines feeding fuel to keep the central line topped off.

Rock solid holding my heading up, even through my gravity turn. Executed the gravity turn with the SAS on, which was nice, because it totally let me! It slowly drifted after I let go but did kill the turn.

Flipped back and forth between the game window and this browser while reading threads. Held my heading every time.

One thing I've noticed: Mun is pretty buggy. the altitude gauge (the smaller bar on the bottom, atleast) never moves out of the dark black once you're on it. lost Bob that way... kinda mad but oh well. :/

It was like that in 0.20. I think that's supposed to show you where in the atmosphere you are which, since you're going to the mun, there IS to atmosphere. I'd say watch the altimeter (and your shadow) rather than that gauge.

I added more weight after reading the last thread. Same amount of reaction wheels as the smaller craft. Its not as fast to kill rotation now, but can still work with more manipulation.

I'm beginning to think the problems people are having could be bugs, high expectations of perfection, and possibly not using enough reaction wheels. i think a lot of people will enjoy it more given more experimentation and vehicle redesigns.

VMj0PfV.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.