Say it here if .21 works perfectly for you

stupid_chris

0.21 is great! Love the new space center, crew management is awesome too. The SAS is not as agressive as I would've prefered but I can deal with that.

About the new SAS (not the place but oh well) from my thinking and reading their descriptions:

-2.5 m ASAS: Includes flight comp. no wheels

-1.25 m ASAS: comp. plus wheels

-SAS: reaction wheels, no comp.

So in my interpretation reaction wheels=torque and flight computer will hold heading.

Edited by Kerbol Prime

buzzed the tower and killed Jeb (forever?)

Nope. If you go into the training facility and look at the "Lost" tab, you should see Jebediah with the words "missing in action" next to him. I lost a Humnard Kerman and that's what it said about him in that tab. Eventually he reappeared in the "Hire" tab.

Top 1 - The Looks

Kerbin and the Mün look just great to me now. I very much like the new KSC. I have the feeling, that Squad did a lot on lights and shadows.

I give the looks a 9 on a scale from 0 to 10.

So 9/10.

Look and feel are quite important for me, I am a very visual member of the species. Scale factor: 100%

Overall rating: 9/10

Top 2 - The Crew Management/Kerbonaut Complex

Intuitive, well done, and one may design unmanned test flights with crew compartments and a probe core.

Points 10/10

Scale factor: 80%

Overall rating: 8/8

Top 3 - New Parts

I expected more. But it is OK.

Scale factor: 50%

Overall rating: 2.5/5

Top 4 - End Flight/End Scene/Recovery Workflow

Oh. No more f...ing unintentional End Flight crap. And recovery of landed/splashed down heroes.

Scale factor: 100%

Overall rating: 10/10

Top 5 - New Flight Control

It behaves like a stability system. As I want it to. No autopiloting. Simple straigth forward rockets fly as pulled by a rope. Well done.

Planes are controllable. All you need is some torque, some voltage and the will to fly your construct. No more monopropellant guzzling.

OK to give a point, one needs to get used to it, but hey, new things make brains work. The "old" SAS/ASAS were OK. But for a first response from me:

Scale factor: 70%

Overall rating: 7/7

Top 6 - Summary

36.5 points out of 40

That is something like a 91% score.

I honestly can see no reason to complain anything.

I am satisfied. And now I go bug hunting. In space. :D

I'm having no issues.

Only once the space center menu stopped working, but a restart fixed it and it was no problem.

I gotta thank the devs for making the save file compatible.

You guys didn't need to do it, but you went an extra mile for our happiness.

The only thing I can complain is that asas don't hold your heading anymore, and mechjeb doesn't work...

That said, I love the new center, the new moon and the new parts ( Just feeling a lack of different command modules, but that's totally fine for now).

Btw... Bought the kerbalizer today to help you guys (2 dollars is not a lot of money, but it shows my support) and to enjoy this awesome little thinghy (Hope it get's enventually connected to KSP).

Keep up the good work!

Everything is working fine here.

I´m not using any mods like MechJeb etc. cause I want to have some challenges. Where´s the fun when you just turn on the auto pilot and voila? But nevermind, its your playstyle :)

I only crashed once, because I didn´t had enough fuel for landing. Killed some random Kerbal there but Jebediah was able to take the second run succesfull :)

I´m now at my old enemy, rover landing.

Everything seems fine for me so far. I always used the avionics module before, so I dont need to really adjust to the new SAS changes. It feels quite similar, just vastly improved. Love the new planet textures too.

Love .21, the new sas is fantastic. I cannot believe how many people are complaining about the core concept of the change. IMO asas was completely unusable before this update, and i never used it in any of my ships. Now SAS is awesome and works great! the new Mun is AMAZING!!! the old mun was really holding back the beauty of the kerbin system. so far .21 has met all my expectations and i cant wait to fill up my universe with spacecraft!!!

No problems here. Started a new save with the only mods being NovaPunch, Procedural Fairings and MechJeb. Not actually used mechjeb yet as I haven.t found the need, getting into orbit is much easier, craft are more stable. Only got as far as sending Jeb into orbit and getting him home so may as yet encounter problems.

I have not had any of the sas/asas bugs yet, but had a strange glitch after landing on duna. For some reason after landing i could not repack chutes using EVA and could not even click on fuel and rcs tanks as clicking did not even bring up the menu.

Going to space center and back seemed to fix this issue.

I have only played a few hours yesterday.

I stranded Jeb, Bill and Bob on the Mun, tried to rescue them, killed them in the attempt.

So everything works as usual :)

But ASAS is a Little bit tricky now, but i wouldn't call it broken.

It'S different and people didn't expect it to work that way. Hopefully a post by Chad might clear this up later.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.