[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Just look at it... it was a solid color, so low poly, the window is enormous and square. It\'s fucking awful in all possible ways.

It\'s ok Nova, everyone has to start somewhere.

Now I think next time I play I\'m going to grab the Kerpollo pack and play with that, it looks crazysauce.

Unless that is going to be done in another pack.

Kerpallo is pretty swell, as is the Gemini mod (which works pretty well with NP)

Here\'s the lander, have de-foiled the lander tank and made the RCS block actually function (and added the top and bottom nozzle)

Need to redo the legs, perhaps tweak the ascent tank a bit, and then finalize the flight numbers.

DZPHs.jpg

Looks like the vernier pods are still rather overpowered--this gets SSTO with enough fuel left over for a TMI -- SSTM, I guess? Yes, I\'m using version .9.

vernier_ssto.png

vernier_ssto_mun.png

(Yes, I know I missed the mun there, I was in a hurry)

Probably should double the burn rate. Currently its thrust/burn rate ratio is double the next-most efficient engine, so if you double the burn rate it\'ll bring it down in line with things like the K2-X or SPS-10.

Okay, lander is done and 1.0alpha is uploading now;

8BjE6.jpg

ZKMYH.jpg

Quick changelog:

NovaPunch v1.0alpha

-Added a set of lander parts based on NovaSilisko\'s old SIDR era Lunar Lander mod. .craft file for standard build included; with and without launcher

-Tweaked the Launch tower thrust to work a little better

-Increased the vernier fuel consumption to 2x the previous amount to make it reasonably powered.

-Tweaked the 2m fairing panel ejection force to make it clear the rocket better.

-Fixed the top node of the short 2m tank, letting it better attach to all possible parts

-Added Ships folder with .craft example ship files.

Uploading to zippyshare now, I\'ll update KSPYard later on or in the morning.

Edit: here\'s the download link (also in OP now): http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/39594762/file.html

Note, I didn\'t make the fuel levels and thrust super strict, I sort of want it to be an accessible lander while still keeping that 'real feel.' You should have enough fuel to play around on the Mun and practice some re-orbiting skills and such, or even practice docking when persistence comes out shortly.

As always, feedback is really welcome to see what I missed.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Well thats... cool?

If you don\'t explain why you won\'t use it, I won\'t be able to consider your feedback for improvements.

List ahead ;)

Would perfer to design my own Muner Lander from scratch.

Tend to find the NovaPunch Pack too easy (and unnessasary, as it doesn\'t have the N1)

Most of the SIDR parts don\'t need retexturing, so I use the 1.75m SIDR parts which are self balenced.

Most of the farings, engines and other equipment have better models in other packs.

Has no equpment for satelites, or any satelite stuff balenced with the pack.

Last but certainly not least, too much stuff. It slows down loading the game by about 5 times the amount.

I am a lost cause. ;D

nice mod

anyone noticed the ascent stage (of the lander) wont go striaght, it veers off in one direction, and you have to constantly correct. i was wondering if it had something to do with the fact that the rcs are radialy, and if one gets empty, itll get lighter on one side, and throw off the center of gravity.

Okay first off:

The new lander looks and flies great!

Secondly: it can\'t do ground landings. ( around 20.6 m/s )

thirdly: it can\'t do water landings without half the ascent stuff blowing up. ( around 20.8 m/s )

Nothing a little CFG tweaking wont solve. The problem seems to be in the weight. so i reduced it by a fraction and now it works perfectly.

It still cant do ground landings of course but water landings are no problem now did about 10 test flights at different angles and speeds.

Passed with flying colors. 8)

And another thing. The Mun Rocket Part file has its Boosters not straight on the LF tank ;).

Okay I am back. Literally like 2 hours after I uploaded my DSL line went out and has been down since, until about 10 minutes ago.

On ground landings and water landings, I assume you\'re talking about the ascent stage only, since the legs can handle a pretty study landing without breaking.

20m/s is faster than a parachute landing, I didn\'t test the return stage landing like that, but I can turn up the impact tolerance on the engine, which should help that.

honestly, its not intended to be landed like that, eventually it\'ll redock with the Command module/return stage in lunar orbit ala Apollo missions, but for now the lander comes home too.

When playing around, I added one of the pancake decouplers and a parachute to the lander pod, so once you get back to Kerbin you can do a parachute landing too, I just didn\'t add that to the lander save file.

As for the launcher craft file and the boosters.. whoops? I literally did that at the last minute (though I did test fly it, but thats what happens when its 2AM :P)

Fairtony: that is likely it, I seem to recall similar issues with those when Nova first made his radial tanks. I didn\'t really notice it flying oddly, but I tend to have ASAS on except when changing orientation. I can probably set the empty and light weights to match as a workaround (they\'re silly-light anyway)

Groundhog: Um.. right. Good luck with that?

Okay I am back. Literally like 2 hours after I uploaded my DSL line went out and has been down since, until about 10 minutes ago.

On ground landings and water landings, I assume you\'re talking about the ascent stage only, since the legs can handle a pretty study landing without breaking.

20m/s is faster than a parachute landing, I didn\'t test the return stage landing like that, but I can turn up the impact tolerance on the engine, which should help that.

honestly, its not intended to be landed like that, eventually it\'ll redock with the Command module/return stage in lunar orbit ala Apollo missions, but for now the lander comes home too.

When playing around, I added one of the pancake decouplers and a parachute to the lander pod, so once you get back to Kerbin you can do a parachute landing too, I just didn\'t add that to the lander save file.

As for the launcher craft file and the boosters.. whoops? I literally did that at the last minute (though I did test fly it, but thats what happens when its 2AM :P)

Fairtony: that is likely it, I seem to recall similar issues with those when Nova first made his radial tanks. I didn\'t really notice it flying oddly, but I tend to have ASAS on except when changing orientation. I can probably set the empty and light weights to match as a workaround (they\'re silly-light anyway)

Groundhog: Um.. right. Good luck with that?

Those landings where actually with the parachute deployed.

it was still doing it even with the asas on. must just be a bug.

Heh thanks

The smaller lander legs should be pretty easy to animate, as they\'re constructed pretty much like the new .14 legs.

Those I just released with the lander aren\'t really built for rotation, so I may need to remodel them (or just use the default ones)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.