[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

No, its not dead, though I am not urgently working on an update right now. I have to design and model another pod and some lander parts, and I am still looking for someone to do IVAs. I could do a bugfix/tweak release, but it would be really minor.

And frankly, its just a good time to take it easy and actually play games and such :)

NP has been pretty much constantly updated for 2 years+ now, its not going anywhere, and if it were I'd look for someone to carry on.

• 2 weeks later...

All of the 3.75- and 5- meter engines seem to have slightly off-center thrust. The 5m engines are not too bad they are generating a torque of only .01 KNm/s (according to the RCS helper plugin), but the 3.75m engines are generating almost 10. Is there a fix I missed?

All of the 3.75- and 5- meter engines seem to have slightly off-center thrust. The 5m engines are not too bad they are generating a torque of only .01 KNm/s (according to the RCS helper plugin), but the 3.75m engines are generating almost 10. Is there a fix I missed?

I've used the 3.75m engines a lot, and I haven't had that problem. I'll investigate.

Thank you for the mod! It works very well for me and has enabled me to stop relying on ugly asparagus staging! I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on how to attach probes to my 3.75m stages so that I can de-orbit them. So far the only way I have found without part clipping is to use the 2.5m wide probe in line with the stage... But that makes my boosters super wobbly.

Thank you for the mod! It works very well for me and has enabled me to stop relying on ugly asparagus staging! I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on how to attach probes to my 3.75m stages so that I can de-orbit them. So far the only way I have found without part clipping is to use the 2.5m wide probe in line with the stage... But that makes my boosters super wobbly.

You could just add some retro-boosters, unless that's what you're trying to work around.

Use a mechjeb box & some RCS thrusters. Lightest way to go usually & easy to squeeze underneath your payload, especially if using a fairing.

Use a mechjeb box & some RCS thrusters. Lightest way to go usually & easy to squeeze underneath your payload, especially if using a fairing.

I didn't know that box was a probe core, thanks! I edited all my command modules to have mechjeb built in and never thought of using that box. This is exactly what I was looking for!

I didn't know that box was a probe core, thanks! I edited all my command modules to have mechjeb built in and never thought of using that box. This is exactly what I was looking for!

Yup, useful lil thing when you need to give a rocket bit a brain and don't want to reengineer a probe core into it, or for temporary testing. Keep in mind tho, that it does NOT provide any torque (hence the need for rcs), and a couple of batteries may or may not be needed. The power in the box is usually enough if you deorbit within a few minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been installing some mods into KSP (been playing modded KSP for a while but decided to do a clean install with a bunch of top mods), and I installed NP for the first time. Originally I always used KW only because of memory limits but now that I found out about Active Texture Management I installed both mods among a few others. The problem I'm experiencing is that the engines for NP are much larger than the rest of the parts. I thought this was a problem with ATM so I unintalled it along with all the other parts mods and reinstalled NP only. It didn't fix the problem and I also found out that a few of the KW engines suffer from the same thing.

Here's a picture to describe what I'm talking about:

http://tinypic.com/r/3479u85/8

Seems like someone make some alternate engine configs for the real solar system, with bigger scales or something? Perhaps a modulemanager file? The details are fuzzy in my head. I'd install a fresh download of NP and make sure no other mods or plugins are installed, and then add things back until you figure out whats triggering the upscale. Might not hurt to download KSP again too (or verify it from Steam)

I don't know if this has been asked before there's toooo many post to read em all so gunna ask here .....is there any way to stop the odin command capsule decoupling from the odin trunk as soon as it loads at the launch pad??

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if this has been asked before there's toooo many post to read em all so gunna ask here .....is there any way to stop the odin command capsule decoupling from the odin trunk as soon as it loads at the launch pad??

this is what i'm getting too... maybe it's mod conflicts.

ok i thought it was KJR but it isn't. Brutal what mods are you using? (stock NP works...)

Edited by AntiMatter001

I'm using the Odin pod with:

BoulderCo Texture Reduction

Toolbar Plugin

Firespitter plugin

Procedural Fairings

Kerbal Crew Manifest

ExsurgentEngineering (from B9)

Reflectivity shader plugin

FAR

HullCameraVDS

RasterPropMonitor

KAS

Procedural Dynamics (Procedural Wings)

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Kethane

Klockheed_Martian (Space Shuttle Engines)

KineTech Animation (from B9)

MechJeb2

SmokeScreen

Near Future Propulsion

OpenResourceSystem (from Interstellar)

PartCatalog

PreciseNode

RCSBuildAid

RealChute

ResGen (from B9)

ScanSat

SelectRoot

TreeLoader

TriggerTech (Kerbal Alarm Clock)

TweakableEverything

WarpPlugin (KSP Interstellar)

FloorIt.dll

ModuleManager_1_5_6.dll

ModuleFixer.dll

And I have no problems. Note that I only listed the addons that contain plugins. Do you have any plugins installed that are not present above?

I'm using the Odin pod with:

BoulderCo Texture Reduction

Toolbar Plugin

Firespitter plugin

Procedural Fairings

Kerbal Crew Manifest

ExsurgentEngineering (from B9)

Reflectivity shader plugin

FAR

HullCameraVDS

RasterPropMonitor

KAS

Procedural Dynamics (Procedural Wings)

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Kethane

Klockheed_Martian (Space Shuttle Engines)

KineTech Animation (from B9)

MechJeb2

SmokeScreen

Near Future Propulsion

OpenResourceSystem (from Interstellar)

PartCatalog

PreciseNode

RCSBuildAid

RealChute

ResGen (from B9)

ScanSat

SelectRoot

TreeLoader

TriggerTech (Kerbal Alarm Clock)

TweakableEverything

WarpPlugin (KSP Interstellar)

FloorIt.dll

ModuleManager_1_5_6.dll

ModuleFixer.dll

And I have no problems. Note that I only listed the addons that contain plugins. Do you have any plugins installed that are not present above?

all the DEMV vehicles (smart wheels.dll i think it's called) KSO

that's it i think... oh rasta prop moniter and here's something else i found out. if you revert to launchpad on the odin launcher (once it has failed) it only spawns in the odin capsule and everything above it. the rocket has dissappeared. oh also imessed around and if you put the top RCS thingy onto the capsule the whole capsule clips through everything including the launchpad

all the DEMV vehicles (smart wheels.dll i think it's called) KSO

that's it i think... oh rasta prop moniter and here's something else i found out. if you revert to launchpad on the odin launcher (once it has failed) it only spawns in the odin capsule and everything above it. the rocket has dissappeared. oh also imessed around and if you put the top RCS thingy onto the capsule the whole capsule clips through everything including the launchpad

Are you using an old version of KSPI? I've had that exact same problem with earlier versions of KSPI, where there was a bug with capsules that incorporated a decoupler. You should try to update KSPI, that might help you. The only plugin that you have, which I don't have, is that smart wheels.dll thingy, I have all the others (KSO doens't have any plugins for itself, it uses the RPM and Space Shuttle Engines plugin).

Anyone know the fix for this?

[LOG 03:04:28.906] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'NovaPunch2/Parts/LaunchEscape/NP_LES_EscapeTower_Small/part/NP_LES_EscapeTower_Small'
[LOG 03:04:28.910] Added sound_rocket_hard to FXGroup running
[LOG 03:04:28.911] Added sound_vent_soft to FXGroup deactivate
[ERR 03:04:28.913] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler
[ERR 03:04:28.924] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

Anyone know the fix for this?

[LOG 03:04:28.906] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'NovaPunch2/Parts/LaunchEscape/NP_LES_EscapeTower_Small/part/NP_LES_EscapeTower_Small'
[LOG 03:04:28.910] Added sound_rocket_hard to FXGroup running
[LOG 03:04:28.911] Added sound_vent_soft to FXGroup deactivate
[ERR 03:04:28.913] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler
[ERR 03:04:28.924] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

What is your problem? That seems pretty normal to me. Does it do any weird behaviour in-game?

I just installed Nova Punch 2 and the hotfix into KSP .23 and I found when building craft in career mode the mass thrust info doesn't show in engineer or mechjeb. is it a bad/incorrect install or a known issue with this mod? any thoughts or help....

It's a warning, not an error

No, there are WRN log items for warnings. But I do understand that some ERR reports in the log do not actually have a negative affect - some other mods produce them as well, but for different reasons. So just making sure, thanks.

Edited by Gaiiden

I just installed Nova Punch 2 and the hotfix into KSP .23 and I found when building craft in career mode the mass thrust info doesn't show in engineer or mechjeb. is it a bad/incorrect install or a known issue with this mod? any thoughts or help....

Yea I just figured this out last night - it's the small escape tower. There might be more parts, but the small escape tower is the only one I've noticed so far. When you initially attach it, all is well, but if you mess around with staging at all or unattach/reattach the engine, you'll get NaN for mass and 0 Dv until you remove the small escape tower. If that's not the NP part you're using, experiment to find out what is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.