[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

There are some example craft files in the Zip file as well, in the Ships folder; these might give you an idea on how to build things.

Because you missed it above, I must ask again, could you take a look at the OdinLauncher? It seems the two bottom stage fuel tanks are overlapping quite badly. Not a modder, so I couldn\'t tell you what\'s happening, but it makes the rocket extremely unstable till you dispose of that stage.

Well, I removed the OdinLauncher from the NovaPunch zip entirely; the current correct version is only in the Odin 1.0a zip file; Its possible you have the older version and its actiing weird.

This is the current craft file from the Odin zip; I just tested it and its hooked up right; those tanks have a slight visual overlap on purpose and create a 'teeth' pattern when they do, but physically its a good connection. It doesn\'t wobble at all here on full thrust liftoff, clear through to orbit.

Well, Omnibertha is a pretty large mesh file, if your computer is slow it may take a couple of minutes for it to build the mesh folder for it the 1st time.

If its really stuck after 4 or 5 minutes, close the game and post your output_log.txt from the KSP_Data folder.

It did get a new model in 1.0alpha, so also make sure you deleted the old version of your NP_3mOmniBerthaEngine folder from Parts and installed the new one from 1.1a.

Its possible; you should start by looking at this application: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=9314.0

It will list all of the parts in a CRAFT file, and tell you which ones are missing; then you need to edit the craft file in a text editor and replace all instances of that part name with the new part name (for the most part, I added the NP_ prefix to them, but a few are different in other way, if you can\'t figure out the new name for a part, list them and I\'ll probably know.

With any luck I shouldn\'t have to break craft files again due to a Novapunch update. So if you can\'t figure it out, you might be better off to rebuild them this once; you might discover an improvement! :)

Keep in mind though, KSP is still an Alpha product, and a dev update could completely break ALL craft and save files, so being prepared to lose work is part of the game at this stage.

Edit: Working on new engines to possibly add. Lemme know if you\'re interested.

zCwL0.png

derived from the main engines from the SBS pack, they\'re both 2 meter engines.

FaSic.png

Based on the SLS main engine, its 5x of the bearcat SSMEs in a 3m base stand.

• 2 weeks later...

Tiberion I have done a slight .cfg edit, one that I\'ve used many times before to help land planes easier.

With the Radial parachute I\'ve reduced the drag and changed the deploy altitude to 70 meters so that once you pop it it\'ll help slow you down on descent. Then right before touch down it fully deploys and brings you down to a good landing speed.

I was thinking if you could retexture it and offer a similar drogue with your pack (I can\'t retexture as paint doesn\'t support nonvisible portions on the textures) it would be awesome for when C7 releases his stuff for the game.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4180.0;attach=17468;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4180.0;attach=17470

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4180.0;attach=17472;image

Yeah I can probably do that; I used a variant of the stackable parachute in my Tiberdyne pack for the shuttle\'s chute, but it could probably use these tweaks to make it better.

I can do the texture; but if you want to do them yourself you might look into 'Paint.net' which is a free graphics editor designed to be Paint-like but with more features.

Would it be possible to get a 1m fuel tank that fits between the HH-77 and the FL-R25? The former is too big for most landers and the latter tends to be too small for anything outside of the most basic landers without resorting to some serious stacking. So far I\'ve been using the stock tank, but it just doesn\'t fit with the NovaPunch parts.

The joint between the Aerospike Engine and whatever is above it fails really easily, compared to engines with less thrust, let alone more thrust.

Stage 4 of attached craft (NP, Odin, MechJeb) is with Aerospike. Joint fails at ignition. Replace it with an M-50 or a Nerva Nuke and all is fine.

So I was trying to make something similar to how Curiosity will land on Mars and I\'m having a little issue with the Radial Liquid Boosters.

This is what I have: http://i.imgur.com/7JNhq.jpg

With that arrangement the controls are in reverse, but if I remove the fuel tank on the bottom then the controls are correct. Is this a known issue, or maybe not an issue at all?

Cheers (for the great mod too)

So I was trying to make something similar to how Curiosity will land on Mars and I\'m having a little issue with the Radial Liquid Boosters.

This is what I have: http://i.imgur.com/7JNhq.jpg

With that arrangement the controls are in reverse, but if I remove the fuel tank on the bottom then the controls are correct. Is this a known issue, or maybe not an issue at all?

Cheers (for the great mod too)

Mine, reminds me i need to upload it for someone.

Added the lander tank to the list

Aerospike probably needs more connection force

Radial boosters.... in what way are the controls reversing? It sounds like your center of gravity is shifting so that the boosters are now on the upper half, and that would affect the direction that the gimbals move visually but the same input should move you in the same direction.

Craft file? Looks like its all stock besides the boosters and mechjeb?

Aegrim: That\'s cool :D

Radial boosters.... in what way are the controls reversing? It sounds like your center of gravity is shifting so that the boosters are now on the upper half, and that would affect the direction that the gimbals move visually but the same input should move you in the same direction.

Normally from launch holding \'A\' will move the craft to the left (default camera view). When adding the fuel tank below then \'D\' will steer me to the left and \'A\' will steer me to the right and so on.

Only mod I\'m using is this, the rest is stock.

File attached.

Huh, well you might have just discovered a KSP bug; it seems that engine gimbals aren\'t hooked up to the same CoG compensating control scheme that the winglets are (they swap automatically depending on their position)

You should post a bug report in the dev forum (in a new topic) if you like, I\'ll come confirm it for you

A fun exercise: Put 4 more boosters on the bottom tank; note the nozzles all turn in the same direction when you hit A or D. The top set should be going the opposite way (to apply rotation in the same direction around the center of gravity)

Hey, I hope you can help me with this problem i\'m having with getting the mod to run, I\'m running the demo and iv\'e tried this with alpha 0.9 and 1.0, and iv\'e installed it by copying the Parts folder into the other one, I hope that\'s the right way to install it. Anyway, when the loading of the game gets to about half-way it sticks at loading \'n1engine\' or something like that. Any help?

It takes it a while to process that engines mesh file, up to a few minutes on slower systems. Let it run a bit and see.

If no, remove the NP_3mOmniBerthaEngine folder and see if it will start.

I may need to go back and crank down the polycount on that one again

I\'ll probably do one more release before we get into the 0.15 release cycle; Finish up those tanks and the bugs reported in here so far. And I hope to get the alternate skins working again.

Sort of at a loss for major additions before 0.15, where I am sure we\'ll need docking parts and other fun things like that.

Sort of at a loss for major additions before 0.15, where I am sure we\'ll need docking parts and other fun things like that.

Perhaps a revision of the flying saucer and signal flare parts? I know you said he lights based on plugins are better, and for lights they are, but the flares serve a very different purpose.

There are an awful lot of orphanware parts in the depths of the forum, like the orange sphere fuel tank and the BFE, among others. It would be nice for those to have a continued life and be brought into balance given their volume and weight.

I cannot get these packs to work in my KSP! :\'(

Everything loads up fine, I can sellect a rocket from the saved crafts but when I click the Launch button KSP hangs and I have to return to Windows to get out of that!

I then have an crash report in my KSP folder but cannot get anything usefull out of that of what causes the crash!

My version of KSP is the latest one 0.14.4

I use Windows 7 32 Home Edition.

Anybody has any idea what this can be? I really like these rockets!

My best regards, Kodiak.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.