[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

That is the small yellow RCS tank that surface attaches; But I changed the name in 1.1a, so you must have been using an older version or didn\'t clean out your folders correctly.

The new name for the part is: NP_ThorLanderRCST (in a folder of the same name)

That\'s very odd, I always do a clean install off all mods when an update rolls around.

Odd, I\'ll try some more. Anyway, I just realized now that we have part rotation you can get rid of the couple of (rotated) duplicate modules in there :)

You want to use 1.0 alpha.

I went to get the link from the 1st post for you, and I found that it.. is gone. I seem to have removed it at some point; its not on my host either.

I am re-uploading it right now, should take 10 minutes or so.

For future reference;

versions 1.0 and lower will work in the demo,

1.1 (and odin 1.0) worked in 0.14x

and 1.2 is good only for 0.15x+

I\'ll update with the link in a few minutes

Edit: latest demo-compatible version

Seems there are as few balance issues - I find I can quite easily achieve SSTO with fuel to spare using the 1.75m fuel tank and 2 of the large 1m liquid engines (And with a sizable payload above that). You may want to tone down some of these engines and maybe remove some unnecessary ones; Right now it feels far too easy.

Seems there are as few balance issues - I find I can quite easily achieve SSTO with fuel to spare using the 1.75m fuel tank and 2 of the large 1m liquid engines (And with a sizable payload above that). You may want to tone down some of these engines and maybe remove some unnecessary ones; Right now it feels far too easy.

Well yeah I kind of agree. It\'s kinda easy to get into orbit using this pack but I guess it\'s supposed to be like that. It\'s enough with a 3m big fueltank and the most powerful engine.

Actually, you\'re encountering a bug I missed with Multi-couplers and 0.15.

Firstly, you\'ll notice that the 2x-1m plate is a 2m part and not a 1.75m part; this is intentional as its not intended to use 2 1m engines on that tank. You can of course build however you like, and its not too overpowered anyway (without the bug, that tank + 2 M-50s can get you nicely sub-orbital with an Odin OTV + booster phase as payload (which is about the smallest payload you\'d launch with that stage, it\'s far to large for launching satellites and probes)

Anyway, the bug is thus: It currently only 'uses' enough fuel for one of the engines attached to it, meaning you were using half of the intended fuel on that rocket; this issue exists on the dual-couplers, quad-couplers and the 5x and 7x panels; In the latter two you only use 1/5th and 1/7th of the intended fuel, so they\'re quite broken currently.

It\'s an easy fix if you want to do it yourself; just add this line to the bottom of any of the adapters you\'re using;

// keeps fuel from flowing FROM the bottom nodes (prevents stack imbalances and such)

NoCrossFeedNodeKey = bottom

It will of course be fixed in a later release.

NovaPunch is balanced to be 'relaxed stock' with bigger and better tools; so there shouldn\'t be any obvious SSTO loopholes (outside of some silly RCS issues, though people are clever and I am sure it can be done) so I\'ll try to fix them if they do exist. Its a delicate process. :)

Hey Tiberon have you read about this? http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=11254.msg191977#msg191977

It sounds really cool. Like just a tether decoupler or something, first time you press space the lower part is decoupled from the top part but it hangs on in a wire and the second click disengages the wire or something like that. Kind of like a parachute system that works in places with no atmosphere like the mun. Only problem is what would happen with the top part once you click space for the last time which could for example put the mun rover on the surface on the mun. Would the top part just fly away and crash or something? Havn\'t figured that part out for myself yet lol, but my question is do you think this is doable?

Sure its doable; it will require a plugin for the cable and winch system (IE: coding a new part module)

Not really my area of expertise (if I have one) and definitely outside the scope of NovaPunch right now (though I\'d make any adjustments needed to work with the plugin should it be required)

Hey Tiberon have you read about this? http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=11254.msg191977#msg191977

It sounds really cool. Like just a tether decoupler or something, first time you press space the lower part is decoupled from the top part but it hangs on in a wire and the second click disengages the wire or something like that. Kind of like a parachute system that works in places with no atmosphere like the mun. Only problem is what would happen with the top part once you click space for the last time which could for example put the mun rover on the surface on the mun. Would the top part just fly away and crash or something? Havn\'t figured that part out for myself yet lol, but my question is do you think this is doable?

In the videos I\'ve seen they decoupled it as soon as the payload touched the ground, it flew away after the mass loss very quickly. You could go around that by having the command pod on the crane and a MechJeb on the payload.

Good news, I have converted the Odin telescoping legs to the .Mu format, animation and all, and they work as before.

I\'m going to clean up the rest of the bugs I have found and remove the 'rotated' duplicate parts for a 1.2b Alpha release.

I have some other ideas how I can improve things with the new capabilities; I should be able to remove a lot of the interstage decouplers; the 1 to 2M and the 2 to 1m can be the same part now, since we can rotate them; I just need to make some tweaks so they\'ll work in both orientations; The interstage pieces are well due an overhaul anyway.

I also think I can combine a lot of the tiny odin pieces that make up the service module part into one module, which should make it way less annoying.

Its not going to be real soon though, I had a Tiberdyne project started that I need to finish, but I cant even do that til I get a few things fixed for Tiberdyne to work in 0.15 better.

More on the quick update later, should be out sometime this weekend.

Excuse me, but how to the decouplar parachutes work? they will only open when falling, so ???

how do i jettison the top of the docking cover?

not sure what you\'re talking about.. \'decoupler parachutes\'?

not sure what you\'re talking about.. \'decoupler parachutes\'?

The docking claw thingy.

its a parachute, and it says to Jettison the cover, then use for attaching stuff to it. but how do i jettison it if its a parachute?

Ah, it doesn\'t actually work, its a placeholder (since docking clamps and parachute packs occupy the same place on a lot of capsules)

It really is just a parachute, and will be til docking is added to the game.

Ah, it doesn\'t actually work, its a placeholder (since docking clamps and parachute packs occupy the same place on a lot of capsules)

Ah ok.

Docking is already in.

using System;
using UnityEngine;

public class DockingPort : Part
{
public Vector3 dockingNodeOrientation;
public Vector3 dockingNodePosition;
public float ejectionForce;

public DockingPort();

[KSPEvent(guiName = 'AutoDock', guiActive = true)]
public void ActivateAutoDock();
public override void OnDrawStats();
protected override void onFlightStart();
protected override bool onPartActivate();
protected override void onPartStart();
[KSPEvent(guiName = 'Undock', guiActive = true)]
public void Undock();
}

This is what VC++ gives out, and the first 3 lines are the .cfg params for it. Don\'t know how well it works., but at least it is in the final build...

I have the UUI model in place on the bottom of Odin already actually. Been pondering how to do a universal docking piece that will work for the 3 capsules I have in NovaPunch.

Kreuzung: Those are class definitions; the functionality is not completed and we don\'t have access to know how much of it would work; Fairly sure they wouldn\'t link up properly. We\'ll just have to wait a bit longer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.