[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Its a texture loading bug in the game. Exit out to the space center, hit Alt+F12, go to Database tab and hit reload (then hit alt+F12 to close the window again) - it should look right now.

If you use ModuleManager its Alt+F11 (I think?)

Also, Merry Christmas (or whatever else) to everyone and thanks for all of your support. More good things to come in the future, I hope :)

• 2 weeks later...

Trying out NovaPunch, at first glance everything looks cool. However, I ran into a few problems. First, the heatshield of Odin doesn't have an ablative shield at all. Is the mod not compatible with deadly reentry? (Same for Freyja, no heatshield on the capsule). Also the ring part for Odin that has the RCS and docking port, states in the description that there's also a chute inside. However, I don't see said parachute.

Also, is there a pic somewhere that shows us how we're supposed to correctly set up the Thor lander?

There's no support built-in for deadly re-entry, seems like I recall there being a config for older versions of the pods (and DR) but that has been a while.

I had never noticed the bit about the parachutes still being in the config description. Early on they were to be included in the part, but it ended up being more flexible to have them as separate part. There are surface-mountable parachutes to place on the upper angles of the pod itself, or a stackable parachute part that can go between the pod and the escape tower.

The only image of Thor in the album currently is this one from orbit with odin and a Kerbin Departure Stage: http://i.imgur.com/9CCSHxl.png

Basically after achieving orbit, the fairings ejected and Odin decoupled from Thor, then turned 180 and docked with it Apollo style.

For construction aides, look in the zip file in the Ships and Subassemblies folders, there are Thor and Odin-Thor examples pre-built you can load up to see how they're assembled and roughly staged.

Alright, been playing in career for some time.

- Unlock costs is small - or, better say, miniscule. For example, ALFB unlocks for 4200, while NASA KR 1x2 unlocks for 65000.

- SAS wheels have ModuleSAS, which was removed from stock wheels in 0.90. This is a good thing, actually, since without additional parameters in part.cfg it adds only stability assist function - and that means you can use these wheels with probes that has no SAS (like Stayputnik).

- Some parts (RCS tanks, Thor\Odin parts, PAMs) are in Command and Control tab, although they should be in other places (Engines or Utility), but this is old thing.

I'm getting a weird error with staging on the NERVA throwing NRE's & other errors. Long story short, is there a way to simply remove the built-in fairings that are supposed to jettison when it's staged? These seem to be the problem, but just removing the MODULE reference from the part CFG still leaves them on the engine.

• 4 weeks later...

When I set up the contracts I set most of the stageable parts to be tested via staging, and then the others to be tested via the right-click menu. It seemed like a good way to set them up at the time, but it probably doesn't need to be limited. I'll look them over for the next release.

For now you can just re-stage them, or you can edit the configs to enable it.

Open the config of the engine/part

Find the name = ModuleTestSubject module at the bottom

change "useEvent = False" to True

Save and exit, restart/reload KSP.

sadly, I have found only annoyance with this mod...I could never get it working in my game! :(

It's frustrating that I can get KW Rocketry to work fine, but this won't even TRY to work!

We'll need more info than that to help you.

NP is a part-only mod, so if your game isn't loading, it most likely means that you're running out of memory.

You'll have to be more specific than "very few mods" - did you have KW installed too? or any of the visual enhancement mods?

Just pull everything but Novapunch2 out of gamedata and try to load it, if it does load then its likely you're running out of memory. If it doesn't, then please post your outputlog text file from the KSP_Data folder in the thread here so we can see the errors.

When I last tried it, the game would not even load (and I was using Active Texture Management Aggressive too! I had very few mods even installed at the time)

That's awfully strange, because I'm running with aggressive ATM and an embarrassing wealth of mods, nearly 70 of them. 70! No wonder I can't run out of ideas.

That's awfully strange, because I'm running with aggressive ATM and an embarrassing wealth of mods, nearly 70 of them. 70! No wonder I can't run out of ideas.

I run NP, KW, Modular Rocket Systems, SpaceY, Tantares, RLA and many minor mods - and the game loads fine with ATM Basic and OpenGL. So Sampa's problem is most likely the RAM.

I've noticed that I've had a bit of a problem with textures here and there, and while removing the offending texture for flags is fine, I'd like to not have to remove textures for parts. anyone know what this is about?

Load(Texture): NovaPunch2/Parts/CouplersAndAdapters/NP_interstage_5m_3_75m_plate/model001

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

ActiveTextureManagement: Loading texture...

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Crash!!!

using b9, kas, procfarings, mechjeb, station science, romfarer

You need to look in the output or crash log and see the cause of the crash. I am going to guess its an Out of Memory error, B9 and Novapunch together is a lot of texture memory requirement.

If you can post the log file we can be sure though

My game doesn't load anymore, it just gets stuck while loading this part. I've yet to confirm if it's only that one.

But do you think it's an issue with NovaPunch or KSP just from looking at my Player.log below?

Arch Linux 64-bit 16GB RAM (plenty left during loading)

NovaPunch 2.08

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'NovaPunch2/Parts/Odin2/OdinShield/shield/NP_newOdinShield'

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: s
at System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Single.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ShipConstruction.GetPartCosts (.ConfigNode partNode, .AvailablePart aP, System.Single& dryCost, System.Single& fuelCost) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ShipConstruction.SanitizePartCosts (.AvailablePart aP, .ConfigNode partNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PartLoader+^H^E.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: 4294967295)

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[LoadingScreen+LoadingScreenState].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at LoadingScreen+^D^E.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: 4294967295)

EDIT: Removed NovaPunch and now it loads.

Edited by Eiktyrner

Hmm, weird. If you want to try something, reinstall it and open that folder, then open and re-save shield.cfg in a text editor compatible with your OS - it could be a weird encoding issue.

Specifically it seems to have errored out when loading the parts Cost parameter, which should be:

cost = 1995

Not sure why that would error out other than a file format issue. Maybe retype the line as well, add a proper carriage return from your OS to see if that makes a different.

Also, Might be a bad download too, so you might try downloading it fresh 1st.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.