[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Problems with tanks, engines...

I aint usin the engines because I dont trust KSP 1.0 compatibility (cant be tested because I cant trust tech mods like mechjeb yet because I havnt tested that yet either)...the tanks and engines that I had I couldnt connect sepratrons to them...lots of problems...NP2 isnt lookin good for me sorry...I tried.

Cmdr Zeta

I aint usin the engines because I dont trust KSP 1.0 compatibility (cant be tested because I cant trust tech mods like mechjeb yet because I havnt tested that yet either)...the tanks and engines that I had I couldnt connect sepratrons to them...lots of problems...NP2 isnt lookin good for me sorry...I tried.

Cmdr Zeta

Errr.... In English, please?

Cmdr Zeta

I have no idea why you would or would not "trust" an engine, you can test them in sandbox all you want without any need for MJ or KER (both of which you can also "trust" in 1.0) so enough of the crazy talk.

As for sepratrons.. I'm going to need screenshots and specifics because they all seem to be allowing surface attachments just fine here.

It was balanced against stock before 1.0; For 1.0.2 I did a high level re-balance because the game is quite different now, so things may still be in need of more tweaking. I'll do that more when we know how Squad may change some things for the next version.

Putting it this way, is it leaning more towards underpowered(I'd prefer this over overpowered IMO) or overpowered?

Odin is using the stock 3man pod IVA which has RPM built for it, while Freyja is using a custom 5man made by Porkjet, I don't think anyone ever set up RPM for it. I never really dug into learning that, so if anyone wants to set it up, I can add it to the mod.

I keep having an issue with Freyja, it keeps popping off whatever its attached too whenever it loads to the pad.

The decoupler function just seems to auto fire, any fix?

are you using an old craft file maybe? the nodes have changed so it could be unhappy about that.

Is it actually decoupling? Like if you open the flight log does it say "Pod decoupled from whatever" versus "The Connection between the pod and whatever was broken"?

There was a mod compatibility issue with a certain mod that caused this before, but I thought it was fixed a long time ago; what other mods do you have installed along with Novapunch?

A suggestion for a future update: move Freyja engine from Command Modules to Propulsion Systems. This way, we can get the entire Odin\Thor system in Tier 1 R&D, which would help immensely in Mun exploration (it's very tedious now to accumulate enough science for Tier 2 nodes without visiting the Mun).

When assembling an Orion CTV, I usually have difficulties with properly connecting the single parts. If, for example, I want to put the heatshield onto the pod (which is the root part, btw), it always jumps between transparent (as an unattached part would look like) and green (as attached parts would look like). I have to click at exactly the right time in order to properly connect the two parts, which is kind of annoying.

Also, are there any issues known with MechJeb and Engineer for all? I already have unlocked a lot ot tech nodes, but after loading the ship on the launchpad, the MechJeb-window shows all the unlocked modules for a short time, then jumps back to showing just the basic modules (the ones you have available right from the start) and tells me I'd have to unlock the other modules in R&D first. I don't get that kind of issue on any other command pod that I tried, but on the other hand I don't have any idea which kind of problem with either the Odin pod or the MechJeb and Engineer for all cfg-file would cause that.

Yeah the connection issues are a result of the bigger node sizes, its just something you'll have to learn as you play more.

As for MJ or KER, there's no config for them in the Odin pods that I know of, so if some ModuleManager script is adding it then it may be doing so incorrectly, I'd have to see what its trying to load. I don't know that I have ever added MJ to Odin directly, I usually just stick one of the little MJ radios on the outside.

Either way, I'll need more info; whatever config changes you made or whatever MM script is enabling the plugins...

Yeah the connection issues are a result of the bigger node sizes, its just something you'll have to learn as you play more.

As for MJ or KER, there's no config for them in the Odin pods that I know of, so if some ModuleManager script is adding it then it may be doing so incorrectly, I'd have to see what its trying to load. I don't know that I have ever added MJ to Odin directly, I usually just stick one of the little MJ radios on the outside.

Either way, I'll need more info; whatever config changes you made or whatever MM script is enabling the plugins...

He is referring to a specific mod called "MechJeb and Engineer For All". It is adding mechjeb and Kerbal Engineer to all command pods without the need to add the parts.

It's actually pretty simple, it's simply a MM cfg file: http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/221500-mechjeb-and-engineer-for-all/2235984

I haven't yet installed NovaPunch yet on 1.0.2, although it is one of my favorite mods, I was trying out KWRocketry.

I'm going to be installing it later today, if I see anything I'll come back and post here.

FYI, Mechjeb was just updated to 2.5.1; the previous version didn't support 1.0.2 fully, the new version seems to have better support

Hmm, I'm using "MJ for All" MM script and I've never had any problems with it. Although I've deleted MJ parts (which also disables its career progress - all the modules are available from the start, except those which need tracking station upgrade to work)

Thanks for your reply! The connection issue isn't that big a problem anyway, but thanks for making that clear!

About the MJ for all thing: I was just wondering whether there was any known specific issue. I've tested my ships for any kind of combination (MechJeb with or without the additional script, even with the black and white pod, respectively) and the issue seems to be completely random. One time it works, the next one it doesn't. I even went so far as to blame other mods (like ScanSat), but that also didn't prove to be true. If I eventually stumble over a reason I'll let you know, but for now please don't waste your time over it :)

Oh and thanks linuxgurugamer for the update heads-up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, on 1.0.3\1.0.4 changes.

- Everything engine and fuel tank-related seems to be alright - well, at least my rockets fly straight and do not overheat too much

- Odin heatshield is working now, lost about 150 of 500 ablator on a LKO reentry with 20Km Pe. Should be enough for Mun return (and if it doesn't, there are braking engines)

- Freyja is also fine

- Both capsules are still unstable on reentry, SAS is required to keep them straight. I guess nothing can be done with it

You may want to look at that balance tweaks list, though, and re-balance if needed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.