[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

I plan on updating yet. Haven\'t been able to get the final release downloaded, though I have one of the later experimentals at least.

Not quite sure how to go about the resizing. Probably will keep the current 1m parts as '1 kerbal' sized parts (since the SIDR pod is already Mercury style) and then upscale the newer pod to be a 3man, and make the 1.75 and 2m parts fit that (rather than have them be 2 different sizes)

Then we\'ll have to see how well the 3m parts 'upscale' to be super-heavy parts.

Adding hatch volumes and ladder colliders and all of that business as well.

So, patience guys. Sorry :(

Something I wanted to ask, would you be able to add another 3m engine splitter plate? I was thinking a 3m > 9x1m plate might work well with the new standard size.

(Totally not a Falcon 9 fan, no not at all.)

And also, thanks for keeping this pack alive and all your hard work towards it Tiberion!

I plan on updating yet. Haven\'t been able to get the final release downloaded, though I have one of the later experimentals at least.

Its ok, I\'ve got patience :), I just wanted to know if you would continue updating and expanding the remix pack because I think its one of the best mods out there, and it would be a shame to drop a project with so much potential.

Not quite sure how to go about the resizing. Probably will keep the current 1m parts as '1 kerbal' sized parts (since the SIDR pod is already Mercury style) and then upscale the newer pod to be a 3man, and make the 1.75 and 2m parts fit that (rather than have them be 2 different sizes)

Then we\'ll have to see how well the 3m parts 'upscale' to be super-heavy parts.

It\'s a hard call to make. Many of your existing parts fit in quite well, on the other hand, I do think you could scale everything up 75% so that the default pod fits with the larger parts and can reasonably hold a three man crew. Of course, that means cutting out 1-meter support, and a LOT of resizing work. Maybe keep smaller, unmodified versions of a few parts (technically, anyone could do that, but it would be nice to name them differently to acknowledge the size difference).

That\'s just my take on it. I\'m sure you\'ll figure out what you should do. I have no real idea of the actual part sizes that the NP pack is based on, with the exception of that they\'re probably much smaller than they actually are.

Adding hatch volumes and ladder colliders and all of that business as well.

I think the urgent need we hace is an asas and sas modules for the new size

Take your time and do it nicely, you\'re not a worker you don\'t need to meet some deadline or anything xD

Anyway I think you should do the rescaling as you said, or at least match either 1.75 or 2 to the size of stock things because one thing that is severly lacking are decouplers that hide engines... i mean they look like they\'re floating in the air above the other stage! XD

Anyway I think you should do the rescaling as you said, or at least match either 1.75 or 2 to the size of stock things because one thing that is severely lacking are decouplers that hide engines... i mean they look like they\'re floating in the air above the other stage! XD

Agreed. We need better shrouds.... I mean, sure, it works without being covered. it looks like shit though, and having a rocket that looks like what it is (assembled out of random parts) makes me sad.....

because one thing that is severly lacking are decouplers that hide engines... i mean they look like they\'re floating in the air above the other stage! XD

That\'s something I can 1000% agree, those decouplers were one of the best parts ever (good looking + very practical). I miss them a lot after 0.16 and looking forward to see some new ones :)

I\'m prone to get really confused regarding sizes. (Are the new stock parts 1.75m? 2m? 3m?)

Ideally, the dimensions of all parts, stock and add-on, should be given in their item descriptions in the 'store', along with mass and drag and other stats. Good naming conventions and/or properly-scaled preview images (I\'m looking at you, tri-coupler!) would make it even easier to keep track.

Indeed thrusts, weights, and fuel are all going to be off. Using the released NP versions is going to be highly unpredictable in 0.16.

I do think I have a pretty good idea of how things will shape up; its just going to be a bit of work.

I think a temporary solution would be to add adapters for the new parts to 1.75,2,1 and 3 meter parts..

Take your time and do it nicely, you\'re not a worker you don\'t need to meet some deadline or anything xD

Anyway I think you should do the rescaling as you said, or at least match either 1.75 or 2 to the size of stock things because one thing that is severly lacking are decouplers that hide engines... i mean they look like they\'re floating in the air above the other stage! XD

That\'s something I can 1000% agree, those decouplers were one of the best parts ever (good looking + very practical). I miss them a lot after 0.16 and looking forward to see some new ones :)

Guys, you realize that the new 3 man pod is 2m in size and already fit with all the 2m parts of this package? Also, the 2m shroud/decouplers hide the new engines very well.

Personally, I don\'t think there\'s a need for resizing since everything already fit nicely. The 1m parts are still needed for smaller crafts. The only thing needed is a little balancing, but even then, it\'s pretty good as it is.

I wouldn\'t mind more crewable pods/quarters of different sizes though. :)

Guys, you realize that the new 3 man pod is 2m in size and already fit with all the 2m parts of this package? Also, the 2m shroud/decouplers hide the new engines very well.

Personally, I don\'t think there\'s a need for resizing since everything already fit nicely. The 1m parts are still needed for smaller crafts. The only thing needed is a little balancing, but even then, it\'s pretty good as it is.

I wouldn\'t mind more crewable pods/quarters of different sizes though. :)

If that is true, then I support this wholeheartedly. Keep things as they are, just rebalance.

Except for, you know, the command modules. ;)

Oups, you\'re right. I don\'t use the pods from this pack, that\'s why I forgot those. The Odin remodeled and resized in 2m for 0.16 could be pretty badass. 8)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.