[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Thank you very much for creating NovaPunch, Tiberion! This is the best KSP add-on!

um wheres the download button im new to this can anyone help?

Link to file-hosting: http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/41798252/file.html

Where to click in order to start download: http://i.imgur.com/9AOTS.png

Edited by Shuttle

when i install this along side of KW challenger, my game crashes every time i launch a rocket, even if the rocket only has stock parts. does this happen to anybody else?

Even at your first launch? Because many of us (like me) are having there crashes at the second or more launches as the game issues a memory error... many of these memory crashing bugs might be solved in the future... right now, as the game is in the debugging state all the time, it is totally not optimized :)

when i load the game the part NP_175SRBHalf doesent load so i closed it so now when i launch ksp it come up with the monkey part of the loading screen then it just goes black and it doesent load any further

Are you using 0.15 or further version?

i am planing on downloading this. i just have one question: does this pack work for 0.16

thanks,and please reply

It does, although I would recommend you to wait a bit for the new version of this pack to be released as it will be optimized (the parts performance) for the 0.16... but yep, it works :)

I downloaded this mod but when i go to the launch pad i can't see the kerbals at the bottom right of the screen. Dose anyone know a fix.

That's why this needs an update. 0.16 gave the command pods crew counts and hatches. Since this isn't yet updated, the pods don't have crew or a hatch. the only fix is to wait till this gets updated.

the premade ships arent loading in 0.16.0. It makes sense because the update broke compatibility with the old saves but it would be awesome if those shipsaves could be converted into 0.16.0.

This most likely will be done when Tiberion updates NP to 0.16.

thanks, Fyzzi. what do you mean by"the parts performance" will they still be good for luanching large payloads into space?

I guess they will :) but the thrust/consumption and fuel model has changed a bit in 0.16 so obviously NovaPunch has to change as well... at least this is what I understood from Tiberion's posts :) NovaPunch is looking pretty much like real rocket parts so I guess Tiberion will want to keep their performance to stay that way as well, so I think we don't have to worry about how it will develop :)

I guess they will :) but the thrust/consumption and fuel model has changed a bit in 0.16 so obviously NovaPunch has to change as well... at least this is what I understood from Tiberion's posts :) NovaPunch is looking pretty much like real rocket parts so I guess Tiberion will want to keep their performance to stay that way as well, so I think we don't have to worry about how it will develop :)

As for what you said, the update to 0.16 is going to take a while to update all the fuel tanks and engines, but it's just a matter of getting the perfect mix, even though that's what takes the longest, considering we have Specific Impulse (isp) in the engine cfgs now...

As for what you said, the update to 0.16 is going to take a while to update all the fuel tanks and engines, but it's just a matter of getting the perfect mix, even though that's what takes the longest, considering we have Specific Impulse (isp) in the engine cfgs now...

You have to wonder if moving to specific impulse for 0.16 was the wisest move.

I mean has it made the game any more fun for all the headache? Oh sure it strokes a few egghead egos, but added a load more issues for anyone updating their mods or wanting a use a rocket that worked just fine before.

bloody eggheads! :mad: go play orbiter if you want specific impulse and realistic interplanetary facial hair growth simulation

Edited by iffy

The suspense is killing me! Can't wait for this to get updated.

The same for me :D... And what about 0.17 and other planets combined with this awesome Tiberion's pack? WHOA jesus... killin' me even more :D

You have to wonder if moving to specific impulse for 0.16 was the wisest move.

I mean has it made the game any more fun for all the headache? Oh sure it strokes a few egghead egos, but added a load more issues for anyone updating their mods or wanting a use a rocket that worked just fine before.

bloody eggheads! :mad: go play orbiter if you want specific impulse and realistic interplanetary facial hair growth simulation

LOL...Yea iffy, tell us how you really feel. :)

I guess there might be a plan to have different engines for exoatmospheric use, but I too questioned the need for that change.

As far as this mod, I'm really looking forward to the update, also.

I can't wait for the planets. I have been developing a rocket for interplanetary travel. Unfortunately, it won't turn.

So: rotPower = 70 (orig. 3)

linPower=70 (orig. 1)

Always have in mind, that interplanetary rockets do not have to be so huge :) because you use the most of the fuel to get into the Kerbin orbit... from there, even just a little impulse does pretty much and I believe that you can build pretty small rocket that will get you where you need to... the return is the second issue though :D but if you combine this with refueling mode (see addon releases), you can make orbital refueling station and refuel just before you head to the other planet... I think this would be most effective AND controllable way :)

Edited by Fyzzi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.