[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

I've been playing with it in 1.1, its mostly working. The IVA overlay thing causes some weird model swapping (visual only) because some of the pods are using the IVA of stock pods. Parachutes are broken again of course. The upsized fairing clones probably don't work right.

I'll probably do some tweaks to get it playable in 1.1. After that, I'm starting to feel like it might be time to start on a new major version, remake a lot of things from scratch and only bring forward stuff thats good enough. A lot of stuff just looks dated (or outdated now) and I think I could do better.

I still haven't found a job yet, though there are some possibilities, so I might actually get set up on twitch properly and livestream some of the modding. Would that be something people are interested in?

49 minutes ago, Tiberion said:

I still haven't found a job yet, though there are some possibilities, so I might actually get set up on twitch properly and livestream some of the modding. Would that be something people are interested in?

I generally don't watch Twitch because I like to focus on what I'm doing myself when I'm at the computer but if you're streaming on twitch to help get a bit of extra money while you job hunt I will tune in

Well, I wouldn't be streaming for that reason, though I might post a donation link if people want to leave tips. I've never really sought money for anything NP related since so much of the original content wasn't mine.

Honestly I watch a lot of twitch and really am interested in doing some casual streaming. I've watched Roverdude stream his modding and it looks pretty fun, I think having the instant feedback and such would help me improve and keep things moving forward as well.

In any event, I'll get the config edits needed on the current version done before I worry about any of that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/04/2016 at 4:18 AM, Tiberion said:

I think having the instant feedback and such would help me improve and keep things moving forward as well.

That's a good reward already, keeping you motivated. I especially like the Novapunch engines, these always fit in nicely in my builds so i'll wait for the updated version.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I finally got a job, I'm teaching Computer Applications at my local high school. Since it is new to me, much of a 'free time' is taken up in preparation or other work, and I haven't really wanted to spend even more time at a computer.

I would say for now, everything is on hold indefinitely.

@Tiberion  Congratulations on the new job! Teaching high school students, huh? I sure hope you don't have any like I was in HS. :cool:

Just know there will always be a place for you and NovaPunch (1st mod I ever downloaded) in KSP!

Keep'em flyin' Buddy!

Edited by Voidryder

• 1 month later...

Hello @Tiberion,

Glad to hear about the job.  Take a special person to teach these days.  No more rubber hoses or drilled bats like when I was in HS....  Ouch....  But, we did behave..

Do you know if anyone is going to try and keep this up and running for you while you see if you will have any time?

And just to make sure, it is ok for us to alter / modify for personal usage, correct?  I can fiddle and get most of what i was using up and running, i think.

Again, best wishes and luck.

Cheers.

4 hours ago, drtedastro said:

Hello @Tiberion,

Glad to hear about the job.  Take a special person to teach these days.  No more rubber hoses or drilled bats like when I was in HS....  Ouch....  But, we did behave..

Do you know if anyone is going to try and keep this up and running for you while you see if you will have any time?

And just to make sure, it is ok for us to alter / modify for personal usage, correct?  I can fiddle and get most of what i was using up and running, i think.

Again, best wishes and luck.

Cheers.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

So really anyone can update it as long has credit is given and list of changes

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2016 at 4:11 PM, Mr.KimJongEel said:

Looks like very thing still works apart from the couplers/thrust plates, anyone knows why? I tried some minor tweaks in the cfg files and old crafts from 1.1.3 still wont load XD

Look at the cfg you will see

module = Strut

Change it to 

module = Part

I've started up "NovaPunch Continued".  I'm hoping to do this mod justice, and keep it flying high.  You can check it out here.

Aside from some of the landing legs, it appears to be working.  If you want your Bearcats back, come on over! :)

Edited by Padrone
General sloppines.

Awesome. I've said it elsewhere, but I'm glad, and good luck.

Also, amusing sidenote: I named those engines 'Bearcat' after the mascot of the school I graduated from. It also happens to be where I am teaching now. Go Bearcats! (in any form :) )

8 hours ago, Tiberion said:

Awesome. I've said it elsewhere, but I'm glad, and good luck.

Also, amusing sidenote: I named those engines 'Bearcat' after the mascot of the school I graduated from. It also happens to be where I am teaching now. Go Bearcats! (in any form :) )

Grats! What area of study? :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.