[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Game Data/(newfolders created) NovaPunch/Parts/Structural

The bolded directory is the culprit, I believe. All the individual parts directories should go directly under the Parts directory. No subdirectories.

The bolded directory is the culprit, I believe. All the individual parts directories should go directly under the Parts directory. No subdirectories.

The new filesystem can handle subdirectories. You'll notice that the Squad parts, along with other parts packs that have been updated, all have their parts sorted into subdirectories. Which part exactly isn't loading up correctly?

Quite a few things confirmed broken in 20.2 All of the SAS modules and a few other various items can be placed but cannot be touched/moved/etc. and the SAS modules do not function.

It's a problem with the NP parts using the old model & texture formats. Some of the parts still work but are a more dull color than what they should be, and others just have textures that appear corrupted.

Hey Tiberion. When you do end up updating the file structure of the download for .20.x, can you also edit either the amount of fuel contained in the 3.75 meter tanks or the rate at which the 5x Bearcat engine burns fuel? It is far and away overpowered at this point, as I can complete my gravity turn with just my first stage when using 1 full-size and 1 half-size 3.75 meter tank from this pack along with the engine, pretty much regardless of payload.

most certianly not the case, nearly all engines in NP are, in fact, underpowered...well, compared to KW anyways, Im using them as gap fillers mainly, youre payload is probably too light, 3.75m and 5m engine and fuel tanks are there for the rather heavy payloads, anything below 50 tons for a 3.75m launcher is pretty ridicoules...

Last I heard they were having to rebuild all the models for this pack. The olde DAE model set isn't working well with the newer versions of KSP. So their having to convert all the parts to MU format. Its 150 or so parts and doing the conversion and testing everything to make sure it still works takes time. So just be patient and wait it out. These guys do this stuff on their own time and it doesn't cost you or me a thing. So just relax and remember the old Squad Motto .. Its Done When Its Done.

Last I heard they were having to rebuild all the models for this pack. The olde DAE model set isn't working well with the newer versions of KSP. So their having to convert all the parts to MU format. Its 150 or so parts and doing the conversion and testing everything to make sure it still works takes time. So just be patient and wait it out. These guys do this stuff on their own time and it doesn't cost you or me a thing. So just relax and remember the old Squad Motto .. Its Done When Its Done.

Agreed!

And seriously, there are so many good mods out there right now, why not go play with something new?

I'm not saying we need progress reports or previews or anything like that, but a simple "Don't worry guys, I'm updating it" added to the OP would be greatly appreciated. Unless you've kept up with the thread or take the time to dig through it, there's no way to know if it's being worked on or not, and I'm sure many who are not aware of its status would appreciate the heads up. Just a little suggestion :cool:

I'm not saying we need progress reports or previews or anything like that, but a simple "Don't worry guys, I'm updating it" added to the OP would be greatly appreciated. Unless you've kept up with the thread or take the time to dig through it, there's no way to know if it's being worked on or not, and I'm sure many who are not aware of its status would appreciate the heads up. Just a little suggestion :cool:

A simple banner on the first screen saying we know its broken and we are working on it would solve the problem

Hey guys, just added a note to the first post.

I am still working on it, but there is more going on that just fixing what is broken, we're making some bigger updates and releasing NovaPunch 2.0. If we had more (free) time, we'd make sweeping updates, but that just isn't feasible right now, but I think what you do get will be nice. Add on to that the conversion to the new part DB system and converting the old DAE files to MU, and its a time consuming process.

Please be patient.

this and KW for all my realistic rockets (and not so realistic), for all the problems i read for this pack ive never had any, apart from some VAB issues because im using the v19.1 on KSP 20.2, so its not the part packs fault lol

Just a question: is there any way you can make your parts stick together better? One of the big issues I had with NovaPunch stuff was wobble and joints breaking. The parts themselves are awesome and I too can't wait for 2.0 so I can get some of the useful bits back! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.