[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Okay, whew :P

I was a little confused with the parts combined, but now i understand what you did. You mentioned it would break crafts? But it did not break anything i was using. like the crafts i have that use heavier struts still load

what where you talking about in particular?

Hmm, I converted the fairings first as a test, and then loaded up one of the craft files and it failed due to missing parts NP.Fairingssomethingsomething. It was probably like 3AM at that point so its a little fuzzy.

if craft files and persistent saves are still loading, that's even better.

I don't really have too many actual replica parts in NP though, since Gemini was split into FASA. Those would fit better in FASA, but I don't think frizzank has any desire to add Saturn stuff right now; and if he did he'd probably be able to do it himself faster than trying to pick up someone else's work.

Odin and Thor are still due for new models at some point though, when time allows. (If there is an IVA artist out there who has a desire to contribute to Novapunch, please contact me by all means, I know me and frizzank have tons planned and not as much time to do it as we'd like)

YES PLEASE HELP, so many parts!!!

NovaPunch is, and hopefully always will be, a mix of different mods in one place. So if you would like to help out with something of similar quality/style as the stuff that is already there, please do.

I would love for NP to be more than a me and Tiberion mod, but a community project of small, awesome mods that don't really have a place to call home. An orphanage for abandoned Kerbal parts if you like to think of it that way. I hope others feel the same way

FASA has turned into a "What could have been" for 1960's NASA. I think people appreciate it for that, so that's the direction im taking it.

Gemini was split out because it was becoming its own beast (also not originally NP) and Tiberion had enough on his plate as it was. They go together very well and if you have both, along with stock parts, you can easily make your own Saturn V replica.

As for custom Apollo parts, several people have picked up doing an Apollo mod (and put it back down). This is a good indicator of how massive a project it would be and why no one has finished a super awesome Kerbal style Apollo set.

Possible Bug, I can't recover my vessel when it has NovaPunch parts on it....

Going to need to be way more specific;

Sandbox or Career? (if Sandbox - new save and not ships from previous versions?)

Using one of the included NP craft files?

If not, which NP parts were on the ship you can't recover?

Where are you trying to recover from? The in-flight button after you land, or from the space center?

Did you receive any error messages? Have you checked for a message in the log (alt+f12 to open the debug menu, then click debug and scroll to see the log, look for entries right after you fail to recover the craft.)

I just flew 3 flights in a new career save using NP parts only, and they all recovered.

Nathan: woops, that one slipped my mind. I even remember looking at them when I started doing it. Next time!

Darth: There's 2 small SRBs in there already (been there since the beginning) - a Castor-like one and a small one that looked sort of like the PAM-D module that the shuttle uses. I don't know if anyone has ever used them or not though.

They should be in the control tab with the other small-scale motors.

About my reported 'Recover Vessel' Bug, I have confirmed it was your parts. It was on career mode, and both in-flight and space center would not let me click the recover any vessels with your parts on them... No error messages and the debug gave me nothing.

I use them, but they would fit better in propulsion IMO, with the other SRBs. Well, SRMs.

Although I think their values should be rather different.

I use:

Mk7 Payload Assist Module mass 0.03, thrust 8, SolidFuel 20, Isp 210/270

KSP-5 Solid Motor (1.25m) mass 0.12, thrust 40, SolidFuel 100, same Isp.*

While there I'd suggest thrust 30 for the MiniBooster, so you can use it as a lower stage of a .625m stack without dying. And in 6x it'd still provide a heck of a wallop for a 1.25m stack. Basically, make it like the Castor 4A or the GEM 40 on Delta IIs.

*Well, technically I don't use those Isps because I use my own realistic Isps. So these are "stockified" Isps.

Hmm seems like the current values were something someone else suggested. I have played with them some but I don't play with them enough to judge.

Some SRB updates is one of the next big things we're working on, so I'll definitely nudge them around then.

hi! i think there is a bug or something wrong, if i try to lunch the game with this mod it crash after loading all parts!

my other mods: B9, KW,sovietPack, quantumStruts, jarfr, meckJab,kts.

if you need it, i can send you the log!

Hello everyone. I'm new to the pack and decided to (finally) have a look at it now that it's integrated into Career Mode. For that I went to sandbox mode (ironically) to have a look at the parts and example craft.

I've found a number of problems with the OdinLauncher, particularly with the action groups:

- the "stage" group contains the solar panels. This means that they do a great job of simulating the falling ice from real rockets upon launch, but unless that is the intention (which I doubt) it's probably a bad idea ;)

- the "abort" group (correctly) contains the escape tower, but it does not include the (last) decoupler to actually free the command pod (or the fairings around it). So aborting doesn't exactly do much except add a bit of thrust...

The second point also applies to the Odin-ThorLauncher, but it's setup correctly in the YawmasterLightLauncher.

Aaanyway, I'm off to play around a bit more with it...

They should be in the control tab with the other small-scale motors.

Well, I don't think they should be there, but that's where they are. :P

They work great. Or, at least, they did the last time I used them. It has been a little while.

hi! i think there is a bug or something wrong, if i try to lunch the game with this mod it crash after loading all parts!

my other mods: B9, KW,sovietPack, quantumStruts, jarfr, meckJab,kts.

if you need it, i can send you the log!

Your probably hitting your Memory limit for KSP...you have listed several large part packs...

you're right!

there is a way to rise the limit?

No. KSP is a 32-bit program. 3.5 GB of RAM is the effective upper limit, regardless of how much over that you have installed. This will not change until Unity publish a working 64-bit version of their game engine.

Hello, does this mod tech tree is compatible with the tech tree of Interstellar Plugin? Because im seing SOME of the part of this mod in the VAB asking to be researched but they don't appear in the research lab's tech tree. I haven't unlocked the whole tech tree yet (beginning of the 2.5 meter is where I am in rocketry).

Unity 4.2 is supposed to be stable for 64bit development (win/mac...Unity has supported 64bit linux devs for some time now). Not sure if thats actually the case as Im still using 4.1.something, not sure if current PartTools works with it so passed on the upgrade.

Even past that its gonna take alot of work on Squads part to take it from 32 to 64bit software.

Unity 4.2 is supposed to be stable for 64bit development (win/mac...Unity has supported 64bit linux devs for some time now). Not sure if thats actually the case as Im still using 4.1.something, not sure if current PartTools works with it so passed on the upgrade.

Even past that its gonna take alot of work on Squads part to take it from 32 to 64bit software.

Thanks, I meant to mention it's Windows and Mac lacking the 64-bit client. I must have seen something shiny whilst writing the post. :)

Hello, does this mod tech tree is compatible with the tech tree of Interstellar Plugin? Because im seing SOME of the part of this mod in the VAB asking to be researched but they don't appear in the research lab's tech tree. I haven't unlocked the whole tech tree yet (beginning of the 2.5 meter is where I am in rocketry).

It should work, even if you installed the TreeEdit extended version, he didn't change any of the stock nodes.

Make sure you restart KSP after you installed the new parts, they should show up in almost every nodes (including the very 1st one) - you might need to click on each part and confirm that you want to "buy" the part before it'll work int he VAB, but only on nodes you unlocked before installing Novapunch.

Edit: actually talking to Fractal now, we're looking into a possible TreeLoader/TreeEdit bug with adding another mod to a custom tree, so it may not work right now.

Edited by Tiberion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.