[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Tiberion, I have one question, what happened to the SLS first stage engine as shown in the lower left corner of the image on the first page, It was one of my favorites. If possible, would you please add it back into novapunch. Unless the download is only incomplete for me (how sad).

Thanks for listening

Spica

It was replaced with the Sat-V style 5x part during the big engine update, but I always intended for it to come back when we have time to go 'extra' engines.

I re-used that screenshot slate a few times, so its just an old screenshot, sorry.

It should work, even if you installed the TreeEdit extended version, he didn't change any of the stock nodes.

Make sure you restart KSP after you installed the new parts, they should show up in almost every nodes (including the very 1st one) - you might need to click on each part and confirm that you want to "buy" the part before it'll work int he VAB, but only on nodes you unlocked before installing Novapunch.

Edit: actually talking to Fractal now, we're looking into a possible TreeLoader/TreeEdit bug with adding another mod to a custom tree, so it may not work right now.

Thank-you very much for your dedication :)

Gimmie few I'm not on my regular computer. May I suggest organizing the parts by size in folders for 1,2,3 and 5 m engines/ tanks, each folder having 3 sub folders, one for tanks one for engines and one for adapters/ decouplers the parts that don't fit in those catogorys would be in a folder titled Misc. Anything that wouldn't fit in the above folders would go here.one more thing: the proper rescale factor to get the PAM to 2.5 m would be 2.5? I think it would look better wider: pic of IUS second stage motor a Orbus 6E:IUS_USSRC_2007_RK_1.jpg

Edited by DarthVader

Not if you want it to look like what DarthVader posted, is all I'm saying (you'd need non-uniform scaling for that, to get the tank right, and you'd want a larger nozzle:tank ratio than the PAM has now).

If you just want to do a uniform scale and not change the respective size of tank and nozzle, then it's always fine.

Well i took it to mean he wanted the pam to look wider in comparison to the stages it attaches to (its smaller than a true 1.25m cylinder if I recall correctly) rather than asking for changes versus its nozzle, which would be a model edit.

Well, the intent is to use the stock parts when needed, I haven't ran into any obvious parts to expand what the stock panels, Batteries and RTG can do.

I do need t go back and boost the Alternator output from all the engines, I forgot that the stock engines got a boost in .22 and didn't account for that. I might also boost how much electric charge the lander, multi-tank and service module hold.

I could also make a fuel cell part to convery some fuel into power. And I might make the NERVA engines have an always-on power generator too

Inline RTG's (maybe with deployable radiators, a bit on the same principle as solar panels maybe) would be very welcome.

I love Novapunch, it's the first part mod i usually install along with B9 (combining them is like a marriage in heaven). I dont have much more to say, the NP engines are my usual work horses, everything works fine. Keep up the good job :)

I could also make a fuel cell part to convery some fuel into power. And I might make the NERVA engines have an always-on power generator too

At the very least, the stock behaviour of giving them a much stronger alternator than usual for their thrust output :)

Well, I could do the deployable radiators, but they wouldn't be functional without plugin support, and I really try to keep NP "vanilla"

I have some ideas, though 'new stuff' will probably get in line behind the other stuff we want to work on; I will make the adjustments I mentioned earlier though.

Edit: Taverius: Yeah, at least that.

Well, I could do the deployable radiators, but they wouldn't be functional without plugin support, and I really try to keep NP "vanilla"

I have some ideas, though 'new stuff' will probably get in line behind the other stuff we want to work on; I will make the adjustments I mentioned earlier though.

Edit: Taverius: Yeah, at least that.

Im very excited that you have plans to continue this mod. I hope you dont burn out though. thank you

@Tiberion: i just tried with a 3.75m + 5m multi stage monster (with a nuclear hauler on top of it - used to launch using its own fuel, now trying to launch it "wet" with a long 5m monster). Little Mother on upper stage, quad bronco on middle stage, 5x bearcat on bottom stage.

The 3.75m tanks look like they're still very slippery, my rocket just flexed and fell apart on the launch pad. The load is balanced and using quantum struts to hold it in place (just to make sure). I think none of the NP parts are "patched" through that plugin (apart from the engines, see below), as it seems i still need those "super heavy struts" to hold parts together even if they are in a vertical stack.

(edit) the load is about 200t itself though, maybe i'm way above the common acceptable limits ? Also i noticed the engines now stay put, so at least this part works ok. Used one of my refuel launchers with a quad bronco as main engine, this one used to dance around a lot and even dislodge itself, now it's tame as a kitten.

Edited by Surefoot

Yeah if the payload is 200t, I'm not sure I even want to know how heavy the whole rocket is.

Might be a matter of some config tweaks in the plugin to make it more tolerant. It seems to work okay for "normal" rockets so far.

I've had NovaPunch since .20 without any issues. But since going to .22, I deleted the old version and installed the new version. No dice, freezes during load. Deleted all my mods and started fresh, still no dice with NovaPunch (or any mod other than FASA) in .22.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.