[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Guest GroundHOG-2010

It was built by nova, so its built well. I remember using these aswell. Such a pitty that I only use SIDR parts from this pack.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

what about sunday punch 3m tanks? Or the 3m engine plates?

I rarely use 3m parts, which I use KW Chalenger for. I work in 1.75m not 2m, so my choices are pritty limited.

On starting KSP, the game gets stuck on on the first 'loading' screen (the one with the three Kerbals), forever loading the first parrt from this pack it gets to. I dropped the individual part folders into the parts directory. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I noticed, on looking into the stock part folders, that they contain several files that mod\'s folders do not. For instance, the stock 'liquidengine1' folder contains two folders, 'mesh' and 'textures, and two files, 'liquidEngine.DAE' and 'part.cfg'. The mod\'s '\KSP_win_0_13_2.zip\NP_Alt_Configs\engines\NP_Balanced0_6a\NP_1mliquidengine_K2X\' folder, however, only contains a 'part.cfg' file. Is this intended, or did a file go missing somewhere along the way?

EDIT2: Oops, I just realized that the 'Alternate Configs' download contains ONLY the alternate config files, and is not a slightly modified version of the base mod. Again, oops.

So, did a rough model for the Lunar module crewcabin, added the docking part thing to see how that fit on top.

26YUV.png

Need to figure out how to add a docking port to the NP command pod, I think it needs to be on top. I am wondering if its too small?

Don\'t see how it could work on the bottom since the command pod is connected to the thrustmaster parts as a service module.

Guest Flixxbeatz

I\'m gonna tweak the Matriarch a bit. It definitely looks so awkward to see just one flame jutting out in a multinozzled engine. No offensse bud, keep up the good work :D

I\'m gonna tweak the Matriarch a bit. It definitely looks so awkward to see just one flame jutting out in a multinozzled engine. No offensse bud, keep up the good work :D

Oh if you get a good flame fx config set up, feel free to share it, I didn\'t really consider changing it around much.

Guest Flixxbeatz

Oh if you get a good flame fx config set up, feel free to share it, I didn\'t really consider changing it around much.

Probably yellows on the outer circle, blues in the inner circle, and white/yellow in the center. Might as well all blues for uniformity. :)

Id personally move away from the foil. It looks a little weird with the textures surface being perfectly flat. And also, from my experience, real spacecraft, tend to reared ever have any foil now. The new landers are forecasted to mainly just be exposed tanks or flush side panels. Make it pretty.

Wow, awesome!

If the video poster reads this, here are some tips to help you:

First, those panels need some tweaks, their ejection force is low. Its not your fault.

If you need more control as you get higher in the atmosphere, you\'ll need some RCS (some on top, some on the bottom) or one of the engines that has a gimbal range, as it will let you steer a little bit. You can even use the little vernier pods from the control menu to side attach some steering and stabilization thrusters. Also be sure to note the difference between SAS and ASAS modules, the normal SAS modules only apply force to stop rotation, while an ASAS is a flight computer that uses OTHER control parts (flaps, RCS thrusters, and gimballed engines) to control the rocket and hold the heading you were on when you hit the SAS key.

And by the way, all of those structure parts have fuel flow turned on, unless the description text specifically says otherwise.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.