[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Something for people to look at and report back on:

Harv updated how heat transfers in 13x3, its now by direct contact and not proximity.

We\'ll want to test and see if any engines are generating too much heat since they can only dissipate into the things connected to them, and also check things like the quadcouplers and 5x1m adapter plate to see if they overheat now.

I have limited time tonight to test, so we\'ll see.

Will Do, But I always had overheat rpoblem with the 7x1m adapter, dont think i ever had issues with the 5x1.

I have a rocket with the (original) 5x1 plate on the base - I\'ll try firing it off and see if there are any obvious heat issues.

EDIT: Done, and oh yes - I was able to run Munatic at full throttle before, and now that\'s a quick ticket to overheat. 2/3 throttle is the new upper bound to keep it steady.

Harv is gonna bump up the default heat transfer and bleed numbers for the next release, so perhaps we won\'t need adjustments - it will be easier to predict how parts heat up now, at least.

yep, overheat city in 13x3.

5x1 80% power right at the edge of overheat explosion.

7x1 66% power right at the edge of overheat explosion.

1x1 90% power right at the edge of overheat explosion.

The short 3m tank will not let things attached to it stay put. anything placed on top just kind of falls thru it.

the long 3m tank is fine.

Coupler shrouds are too week for 3m tanks to stick together. even with 24 struts, they just break.

That is all I tested in 13x3 tonight.

has anyone found the same issue with ANY other parts besides the Short 3m tank?

It had an error in the DAE file which caused the conversion to binary that .13 does for load times to fail, which is why it looked and loaded poorly. If anyone else finds another troubled part, please tell me.

has anyone found the same issue with ANY other parts besides the Short 3m tank?

It had an error in the DAE file which caused the conversion to binary that .13 does for load times to fail, which is why it looked and loaded poorly. If anyone else finds another troubled part, please tell me.

I will try to test every component over the next few days. in whatever version of .13 is out.

3m Tank is fixed now, will post it up later.

There is a similar problem with large srb from sidr.

the new longer SSRB I edited in the last version?

I just checked, it looks right, but seems to have its collider mesh offset to the \'Right' 3 or 4 meters. Is that what you\'re seeing?

i downloaded the most recent version i just wanted to know what legs he used

Sorry, I was replying to lancaster that there actually are landing legs in the pack now.

And those in the picture are indeed the heavy legs made by CaptainSlug, they\'re pretty swell for oversized ships.

just a thought here...

im finding it increasingly impossible to use SAS/RCS fuel modules in the middle of rockets, they seem to snap off anything they are attached to unless very carefully and very heavily strutted... while using non-gimbaled engines... especially when the rockets are long

is there any way to strengthen the connections between them and fuel tanks?

they seem to work fine on tiny stuff (read - effective small rockets =P) but on anything larger i have to mount them off the main hull (radial clamps,on top of boosters on the side,etc) else the whole ship turns out worthlessly sensitive to slightest course corrections... not to mention it makes 2x during ascent a very bad idea =P

I need screenshots of your troubled rockets, guys -- too many part combos to troubleshoot otherwise.

Thunder: are you still trying to stack multiples of the RCS/SAS modules? anything you stack short colliders like that it adds flex, not much I can do about it, the spaces between them are as small as I can force them.

I have the SSRB and the 3m short tank fixed, I was trying to add proper vectoring to the vernier before I release the new fix, so there\'s still time to report troubled parts - it may not be until the morning.

I need screenshots of your troubled rockets, guys -- too many part combos to troubleshoot otherwise.

Thunder: are you still trying to stack multiples of the RCS/SAS modules? anything you stack short colliders like that it adds flex, not much I can do about it, the spaces between them are as small as I can force them.

I have the SSRB and the 3m short tank fixed, I was trying to add proper vectoring to the vernier before I release the new fix, so there\'s still time to report troubled parts - it may not be until the morning.

I will post some screenshots, and a link to the craft file from work where i was playing with it. :D

Yep medium and large bertha are missing the bottom of the bells.

Swell, importing Nova\'s models into blender is not fun. :P

ok. Perhaps the same happened with the small orbital engine? Or is that just the way it normally looks?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.