[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

I can't find the 2m to 3m shroud/decoupler/shell that kind of looks rounded. It's in the second pic of the OP I think. Does anyone know if it's in the novapunch pack at all?

EDIT: It might be even bigger than 3m.

Edited by Olsson

Always have in mind, that interplanetary rockets do not have to be so huge :)

You're forgetting about the 250 shopping trolleys of food :)

Why Mars is hard:

(Hope you have 40 minutes!- audio clears up about a minute in)

Just installed, it works, though it made my VAB a bit laggy.

These parts...man. Before my speed record for a straight vertical shot was 5.2km/s. With only a few parts just screwing around, I broke 6.5km/s. Watching Kerbin, it almost looked like I was warping.

Unless a massive update is released, like new part format, all mods will work fine. It's not like Minecraft, where every version borks compatibility.

There was a new part format in .15, and old ones still work. KSP devs actually care much about modding and mod compatibility.

I guess they will :) but the thrust/consumption and fuel model has changed a bit in 0.16 so obviously NovaPunch has to change as well... at least this is what I understood from Tiberion's posts :) NovaPunch is looking pretty much like real rocket parts so I guess Tiberion will want to keep their performance to stay that way as well, so I think we don't have to worry about how it will develop :)
ok,thanks:) i probebly will download this.but if the thrust/consumtion has changed then will,for example have exteremly low/high thrust

or consume fuel very fast/very slow. im looking for parts that can launch large payloads into space. and i remember by screenshots that these were good at that. are they still good at that in 0.16? if in the new version they will have lower thrust and higher fuel consumtion then can they still launch huge paloads or do i have to wait for the next version of nova punch?

I just hope that the NP parts stay fairly sensible on the TWRs, because at the moment I feel stock parts are actually too weak by far especially considering a large rocket struggles staying together while no forces are acting upon it at all. I love building a fairly simple but still heavy rocket to go to the Mun with 3 Kerbals, not a 10-stage triple-radial-detached stack.

I just hope that the NP parts stay fairly sensible on the TWRs, because at the moment I feel stock parts are actually too weak by far especially considering a large rocket struggles staying together while no forces are acting upon it at all. I love building a fairly simple but still heavy rocket to go to the Mun with 3 Kerbals, not a 10-stage triple-radial-detached stack.

Funny you say that. I've gone back to using stock parts. It's the np parts that are falling to pieces on me.

Weird!

Well yeah, the NP parts are suffering as much as any other parts from the wobbliness and rubbing against each other. Even my most reliable Heavy Launcher is currently having some issues while under full thrust. However, because you don't have to use as many, you don't have as many issues with things falling apart.

Funny you say that. I've gone back to using stock parts. It's the np parts that are falling to pieces on me.

Weird!

If you check the parts.cfg, the 2m stock parts still have the same strength as the 1m parts (I believe it defaults to 22). This is why they are sometimes failing while sitting on the pad. Many of the NP parts have very high breakingForce settings in the .cfgs. Probably a bit too high to be balanced actually.

Not sure why you would be seeing NP parts falling to pieces, but I'd love to see a .craft file.

Best Regards

So, I have some news...

Unfortunately, I won't be releasing any more versions of Novapunch right now. Due to its unique nature, I do not have the right to set a distribution license for most of the parts in the pack, and the discontinued parts do not have a license of their own to reference.

Until I can get an approved license from the original authors, or replace their parts, my hands are tied. We've gotten by for a long time informally, but I can't do that anymore.

I've also been working on NP for 10 months pretty constantly, so I am also going to take a little break from formal development as I am a little burnt out and lacking in enthusiasm to keep up with the structural changes happening with each major version.

Don't panic! Its not the end of NP. My aim is to go ahead and release the compatibility update if I can resolve license issues, and then work towards having a big version ready when docking and multi-vessel support is fully integrated into KSP.

Guest Thobewill

Could you just release the Odin CTV then? That's all your work, is it not? It's a brilliant little capsule and it would be wonderful to have a 2m version.

It's a shame to hear that Tiberion. I can see this licensing thing being a real issue for a lot of parts.

So is it just Sunday Punch you need to get hold of? I imagine Nova will licence his stuff?

Obviously no-one should get their hopes up in any way but SP is a member of another forum I frequent (he does amazing Forza paintjobs), I'll send him a PM.

Thanks Tiberion, seeing how much work you've put in updating and tweaking these parts (and probably some wasted time updating for .16). It would be a real waste if these parts were left to rot.

edit:

PM received cheers

Edited by iffy

Sent you a PM

Sorry about that, didn't notice it was full; I freed up a lot of room, shouldn't happen again.

SundayPunch is the main issue yet, I haven't spoken to Nova yet, and I'll also have to contact CaptainSlug again.

Talk to Nova and Slug first, and then worry about finding SundayPunch.

On the other hand, Sunday doesn't have any sort of license attached to the Wobbly Rockets pack.

Due to the new rules this is actually going to be the problem, everything needs a license.

I can't see Nova or Slug not licensing their parts and they're active and contactable.

No-one has spoken to SP in months and seeing as about half the parts in the pack are his, this is going to be the sticking point.

Oh man. I'm having to rage at this whole licensing thing out loud so I don't voice my opinion on the forum. This is my favourite and only mod pack and I wish you luck getting through the bueracracy to get it going again.

Sorry for OT but did you quit the moderating team?

Sent you a PM

Sorry about that, didn't notice it was full; I freed up a lot of room, shouldn't happen again.

SundayPunch is the main issue yet, I haven't spoken to Nova yet, and I'll also have to contact CaptainSlug again.

I linked SP to this thread on another forum he frequents. Should help you out a bit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.