[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Yeah uh... what?

Anyway, got license info from nova and captslug, just waiting to hear back from SP one last time (my emails may be getting shunted into his spam folder, heh)

whoa that's great news Tiberion... I bet we all thank you for doing this great work... keep it that way, 'cause (at least for me) it's your mod, that makes me want to play KSP all the time... you have my absolute respect, sir...

Beaver: I updated them once, but it breaks compatibility so I'd rather not mess with them again.

Hyratel: Nope, I'd rather just finish up and release it all.

Been running engine tests today. even using wildkittys numbers, things seem a bit overpowered, so I have some work left to do on engine balance :)

Are you sure they feel over powered due to high numbers or due to the fuel usage bug?

I don't think the Fuel bug effects output power per sae, but the fuel burned per unit of thrust, and only then when you're at <100% throttle.

Also, @Tiberion re Beavers comment: Would it be possible to include a read-me file that has a [part file name]=[in game part name] Key instead?

Actually the fuel issue was me not swapping to the new engine partmodule, so the isp functions were not.. functioning. It seems better now, though testing is ongoing.

Re: the readme - I might do it when I get some free time. If someone else wanted to do it I would certainly include it in the distributions.

Indeed not, no outside site currently should have Novapunch or Tiberdyne hosted. I have them uploaded to the hosting site still, so the links are available, but I have not posted them elsewhere.

So that site is posting it without any of the authors' permissions or the upcoming license intact. I also have no way to be sure it hasnt had a virus added to it, so you should definitely not download it from there without extreme caution on your part.

It really should be removed, but there isn't anything I can do about it except call them names.

Edited by Tiberion

if i can't download here i will download it in a another place.

Just don't come here asking for support. If you get your parts from somewhere other than where the author has authorized them to be distributed, you're on your own.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

this is ridiculous

its just parts for a game

why do the people that are part of this pack fail to see how good the parts are and dont want other to have

its a great shame and is bad for the expansion of in my opinion the best game from a small publisher since minecraft

Whoa now.

Let me be VERY clear. None of the authors denied me permission to distribute the parts. I had to take down the downloads to comply with a new forum rule that all mods MUST have a proper license agreement included. Its taken a while because two of the original authors are not active with KSP AT ALL anymore, and I have had trouble getting in direct contact with Sundaypunch specifically.

The parts WILL be back, but not until I can release them properly. No one is keeping parts from you.

ooooo my mistake

im sure i read somewhere that a author was not allowing this pack to be downloadable

why do we need licenses, this is the internet! every things free (im not saying everything that should cost money)

imo if they left the stuff to rot they gave up the rights to it

there for who ever is maintaining it if at all should have last say in this case Tiberion

if it where me id send an email to the person saying "this is the what every one else that has parts in teh pack thinks ok until other wise its what im going with"

if they care at all and dont like it im sure they will get back to you

I agree, this is actually really stupid. Licensing agreement? Seriously? No one is trying to sell anything, you're not making money off of other peoples work. The only requirement should be giving credit where credit is due. If the creators arent active anymore then it should just default to public domain imo

The rules are the rules gulinot, these rules come from Squads legal department, there is no arguing and we all have to abide by them.

Old add-ons that do not have a license will not "default to the public domain" on the KSP forums, and new add-ons must be supplied with a license, even one as simple as "free for any use, knock yourself out" is acceptable.

There is no point in complaining about this one, it is out of everyones hands, and I'd appreciate it if this discussion ended here.

Thats not how real life works, guys. Ownership of creations is something you always have to consider, be it totally unimportant models or a movie that makes millions of dollars. You don't "give up rights" to anything even if you stop working on it actively.

Think about it, if I went and took a Beatles song and claimed it 'because they weren't working on it anymore' and decided its fine as long as they don't say anything, all I would earn is a lawsuit for my stupidity.

This community has had extremely relaxed rules regarding copyright and ownership, which is fine as we've been pretty small in scale, and it could be handled manually. That isn't the case anymore, and each mod NEEDS to have something in place that clearly tells people the terms of its use and re-use.

I COULD HAVE just made up a license and attached it to NP, but it would be worthless since I do not own the parts. So I had to take the time to get the proper permissions, which took long er because the parts were abandoned. The alternative was not getting them at all.

I am really just waiting on Sundaypunch to reply again, I get the feeling he doesn't check this email address too often. Once he does, everything will be fine.

Too long? Didn't read?: Calm your teets :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.