[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Deltac: keep in mind that kerbals are roughly half the size of humans (1m tall vs 1.8m) so the 5 meter parts are basically the equivalent to 10m when scale is considered. (also, the 5m parts are actually 6.25m in game due to the new scaling system.) I doubt I'll make bigger parts for NP, they just don't make sense. I'll look at boosting up the matriarch power though.

rditto and supernovy; I'm doing a thorough work-over of the parachute parts to make sure they're working correctly.

Milo: I personally am not going to have the time to make custom IVA spaces; I will help and give authorship credit to anyone who wishes to contribute some. Given their complex nature and the amount of work required to make a quality internal space, I would imagine its more of a "down the road" thing. I am content to just reuse the stock IVA spaces for now, since they're functional :)

enneract: Struts! Also, where is the failure happening, between the fairing and decoupler, or the tank...? Attach a screenshot of your rocket if you can.

Bloodyrain: Not sure what you mean, there is a set of fairings for all the tank sizes except the large "5m" including 2 half panels, 2 nose cone halves, and a fairing plate to attach them to.

unmanned pod is already fixed

• 6 months later...

So.. October. That's awesome. For anyone reading this thread, keep in mind that the mod had changed a lot since then and it fixing to undergo some more major changes. It may be a bit confusing for now.

I re-added the current downlooad links to the 1st post and hid the old 1st post (yay spoilers!)

Everytime I install Nova punch, KSP hangs up and crashes. Am I the only one?

Nope. Just came to the thread to see if anyone else is having problems like that. It either crashes for me while loading the NP parts or gets stuck on loading one. Not sure what the problem could be.

Bug Report time! I've been having a strange bug with the new Thor Lander legs. They seem to be the center of quite a bit of FPS drop. The Pics shall explain. FPS meter in the upper right courtesy of fraps:

tumblr_mlo4mrBQxN1rpsnwro1_1280.png

Before I put the legs on with four time symetry. My default FPS is set to 60fps due to human eye fps settings. *hint at people who think more fps is better*

tumblr_mlo4mrBQxN1rpsnwro2_1280.png

When you are placing the legs, there is a major FPS drop. When placed, the FPS drop continues.

tumblr_mlo4mrBQxN1rpsnwro3_1280.png

At launch, the FPS drop continues before unfolding the legs.

tumblr_mlo4mrBQxN1rpsnwro4_1280.png

After unfolding, the FPS drop is gone. When the legs are folded back, no FPS drop. If you leave the ship for say the space center, then return to it via the tracking station, the FPS drop returns no matter what state the legs are left in.

Well, there is no way to know unless you provide me with the output of your game's output log directly after the game crashes.

For information on how to find your output log and publish it so I can look at it, see this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24543-NEED-SUPPORT-Read-this-before-posting

Look for the section titled "Output log file" and then read the section below that on "How to include all this information into your post?" - and drop the pastebin link in here.

Probably causes are a corrupted download, or your computer doesn't have enough memory resources to load all of the parts.

Deltac: Uh.... no idea on that one. I can't see how a part could be doing that. It doesn't happen here, can anyone else reproduce?

Edited by Tiberion

they're radial decouplers, you can surface attach them anywhere and then attach other stuff to the outside face, and when you activate their decoupler function they eject whatever is attached.

spacebison: the last line of your log is a Mehcjeb part: mumech_MechJeb1m

So whatever was the next folder to load (alphabetical order) could be the issue

Although, KSP is a 32bit program and can only assign so much memory, so even with 16GB the program can reach a max memory limit, and the easiest way to do that is to install a lot of parts.

Edited by Tiberion

The Windows version with the same mods and on the same machine runs just fine. The Linux version without NovaPunch or with just a few parts installed also runs fine.

So yeah. KSP might be running out of memory, but just on Linux. I'll try to install a lot of parts from other mods, if the problem persists it's not a NovaPunch issue.

See if it always crashes on the same mod part being loaded, and then find out what mod part is next alphabetically. It could be a NP depending on what you have installed (because N comes after M, so all the NP_ parts will load next)

But other people run NP on Linux and I even test it here locally as well, so its not a direct compatibility but a specific issue with your system interacting with something. The more info you provide, the better chance we can figure it out.

Any news on the laggy leg front? I tried looking in the config to see if anything in there would be causing it, but to no avail.

On a side note, you left the line for loading the sound for retracting and extending in the new leg's config, but the sound file isn't in the leg's folder. I was hoping deleting that line would fix this "bug."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.