[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

I fired up .20 today and found some strange effects. NP parts seem to be darkened and some part slots are just blank.. nothing in them. Now should I just re-download or wait for a .20 update for NP here?

You can go into each part.cfg file for each part and surround whats there with a PART{ }

It'll look like this

PART{

stuff that was already there

}

Then you'll need to move each part into it's proper category under GameData > Make a new folder called NovaPunch > Make a new folder called Parts > And then copy the folder layout for what's under Squad. Everything is different now. Explore!

You can go into each part.cfg file for each part and surround whats there with a PART{ }

It'll look like this

PART{

}

Then you'll need to move each part into it's proper category under GameData > Make a new folder called NovaPunch > Make a new folder called Parts > And then copy the folder layout for what's under Squad. Everything is different now. Explore!

someone should make a batch file for this? anyone?

Is moving them really necessary though? I guess it would help to keep mod packs organized at least. The parts still do seem to work without having to go into all the parts manually, but that may be what's causing the lighting / texture issues.

someone should make a batch file for this? anyone?

Yes please. I think Notepad++ might have a way to do it somehow, because you can actually do a find and replace in all text files in directories and subdirectories, but no idea how to do an append prefix to just add something to the very beginning and end. Seems simpler than the find and replace feature.

It'll look like this

PART{

}

I don't think you need to do this. The parts are darkened because they can't be the root part of a craft. Once you have a pod, everything un-greys, and you're fine. All my NP stuff seems to be working fine after I copied everything over into the "parts" folder....

Is moving them really necessary though? I guess it would help to keep mod packs organized at least. The parts still do seem to work without having to go into all the parts manually, but that may be what's causing the lighting / texture issues.

No, not necessary yet, though the legacy folders will stop working some time in the future.

Some of the stuff may not work because 0.20 has issues with some .dae files (but doesn't log any error) and refuses to load the texture for them.

Those parts will have to be converted to .mu, unless Squad fixes the issue.

Yeah the darkening issue is exactly as described, its a new feature in the editor, and is working properly.

For the .20 release all parts will be converted away from DAE into the MU format and moved into the new, proper place. Obviously with 150 parts its not a quick task so please be patient. :)

I don't think you need to do this. The parts are darkened because they can't be the root part of a craft. Once you have a pod, everything un-greys, and you're fine. All my NP stuff seems to be working fine after I copied everything over into the "parts" folder....

Then why are my NP engines and tanks dimmer after I selected a pod? It may just be a bug then in this case. Just mean that perhaps it's not 100% working as intended. The background of the box is also dimmer on parts you cannot choose as a root part, but only when you're choosing the command pod.

I thought they looked dimmer even after placing them but that might just be my imagination. I think I still have some screenshots of 1.9 I can compare them too.

Edited by Castun

Yeah the darkening issue is exactly as described, its a new feature in the editor, and is working properly.

For the .20 release all parts will be converted away from DAE into the MU format and moved into the new, proper place. Obviously with 150 parts its not a quick task so please be patient. :)

What do you use to converte from .dae to .mu ? I'm quite interested.

What do you use to converte from .dae to .mu ? I'm quite interested.

Unity; You have to import the DAE and PNG files into a KSP parts project and set them up, and then export it. Thankfully a lot of them are done already, so its not actually 150 parts.

Here is a screenshot of my problem. It is not normal, and noticeably darker than .19.1:

E6AB9A7632B9303E28CF3AFE08E873CCE3E58A2F

It's not from being dimmed from not being a valid pod, and it doesn't matter whether I left it in the old file structure format, or updated everything manually into the newer file structure, same end result. Shouldn't matter anyway because as far as parts are concerned, .20 is backwards compatible for simple parts (plugins, not so much.) If it was only in the parts list, I wouldn't care, but even the game-model seems quite a bit darker than it should be. Some of the textures also seem to be messed up, and when placed, you cannot move them or attach anything to them.

Unity; You have to import the DAE and PNG files into a KSP parts project and set them up, and then export it. Thankfully a lot of them are done already, so its not actually 150 parts.

Thanks, good to know I wasn't crazy hah.

I noticed that the Jeb's BruiteForce Entineering 2.18m short SRB booster isn't listed in the parts list now. I've still got them in the legacy folder, and while the regular 2.18m SRB shows up, this one isn't. Not really sure why either...

Edited by Castun
fixed manufacturer's name

Thanks, good to know I wasn't crazy hah.

I noticed that the Jeb's BruiteForce Entineering 2.18m short SRB booster isn't listed in the parts list now. I've still got them in the legacy folder, and while the regular 2.18m SRB shows up, this one isn't. Not really sure why either...

Seems that it didn't like the jettisoned fairings. After I removed that module, it shows up now. Guessing some of the other engines with the same type of fairing module defined may not work. Keeping my eye out for others.

It works...I think someone commented on a SRB being kinda bugged, but everything works fine for me... (tho I have launched a great total of 5 crafts for now...still waiting for a SRB delta-V display fix)

It works...I think someone commented on a SRB being kinda bugged, but everything works fine for me... (tho I have launched a great total of 5 crafts for now...still waiting for a SRB delta-V display fix)

It works now? Did they update this or did you implement a fix

It'll look like this

PART{

}

I tried this but im doing something wrong. The part will not show up.( Plugin ? )

Game Data/(newfolders created) NovaPunch/Parts/Structural

For the part file

Part

{

: all information :

}

I only use the fairings from this mod, can i delete the mod from existing builds so they will load up?

EDIT: i figured out how to get the ships to load so i could delete the fairings. I guess i ll use KW fairings until an update. The Kw fairings are a little buggy right now.

Edited by viperwolf

I am having difficulty with the fairings. They never seem to line up right with the corresponding base.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/oC7mCXN.png

Edit: Or are these in the KW pack? O.o

Those are KW fairings. You are either attaching them wrong - look at the YouTube video on the first post to see how to attach them correctly. If that doesn't work then the nodes are in the wrong place, so report the bug to Winston on the thread.

Hey Tiberion. When you do end up updating the file structure of the download for .20.x, can you also edit either the amount of fuel contained in the 3.75 meter tanks or the rate at which the 5x Bearcat engine burns fuel? It is far and away overpowered at this point, as I can complete my gravity turn with just my first stage when using 1 full-size and 1 half-size 3.75 meter tank from this pack along with the engine, pretty much regardless of payload.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.