[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Well due to item #3 in this post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/35225-Some-lesser-known-bits-of-info-for-addon-developers

I have had to double-back and re-export what I have done so far. Unfortunitely, TGAs are 2x to 5x larger than PNGs, so the download size is going to suffer because of this.

Slowly getting there; no ETA yet.

And no ouion, no new parts; need to get all the old stuff updated first.

Nope, the texture filename/path is encoded into the .Mu file when I export it from Unity - I would have to re-export it again to use PNG.

So its either bigger download, or 15 minute load times. :/

There aren't really that many copied and scaled parts left, mostly the fairings at this point, and a few SAS/ASAS models. (Wel I'm not sure if your RCS and decouplers are sharing or not, haven't looked close enough)

They'd basically have to share the same UVMap.

Chestburster; I don't know the technical details too well, but I think Unity should be decompressing both PNG and TGA and arriving at roughly the same memory usage. I'll do some testing to see here when I get a chance.

Sounds good. Oh, and thanks a lot for the update.:wink: The occasional progress reports are highly appreciated.

This is, and have been for a long time, a must have in KSP imho, so thank you for all your efforts guys.

Thanks guys :)

I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel here, I mostly need to sort out some engines to go with the new tanks (placeholder engines using the old models, the new engines will be rolled out in future version as time permits) Most of the other pieces are converted and loading now properly now. Then we'll see how buggy things are.

There aren't really that many copied and scaled parts left, mostly the fairings at this point, and a few SAS/ASAS models. (Wel I'm not sure if your RCS and decouplers are sharing or not, haven't looked close enough)

They'd basically have to share the same UVMap.

Chestburster; I don't know the technical details too well, but I think Unity should be decompressing both PNG and TGA and arriving at roughly the same memory usage. I'll do some testing to see here when I get a chance.

Unfortunately I had to scrap the shared textures, so the same shaped models looked different in the editor preview window. Also with the downsized textures your only looking at saving a few hundred K combining textures, so not really worth the effort.

Alas, if only some enterprising young software engineer could write a blueprint translation program, we could download everything off NASA and presto chango, we'd have every nick-nack and bulkhead from the legacy programs to sift through and include.

That would make it easier to train people. Personally, when people come at me and are all "HOW TO PLAY KSP!" I point them at the Mercury and Gemini wikis and say "TRY TO BUILD THAT"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.