[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Hmm, that is strange. If you can, immediately after it crashes, grab your unity player log, and upload it so I can look at the error that is crashing KSP (as well as any that might be happening on loadup.) Click here if you need help finding that

Also, what version of OSX? Need to find out of anyone else on OSX or that version is having issues (If you're a Mac user reading this, feel free to jump in)

Also, are all of the fairings doing this? There is the 2.5, 3.75, and 5m sets of fairings, but there is also the special 3.125m set that goes with the Odin craft. Are they grayed out too? what about the explosive bolt part also in that folder?

Edit: I.R.I. your log and additional info would be helpful too

Edited by Tiberion

I've actually found out the solution to it. Apparently, if you're going to be using the Kethane mod, you absolutely need to install Kethane first. If you do not, it sets off a chain reaction of failures. So, the installation order should be;

KSP 21.1 -> Kethane -> MJ -> Any other mod.

Sorry to cause a scare, but, this actually solved everything! Now I can enjoy all the glory that NovaPunch has always been!!! Thanks for the hard work fellas!!!

That is strange, not sure how that would have caused any issues beyond a game restart. The two packs aren't somehow over-writing one another are they? They should each have a distinct folder inside of GameData)

Glad its working anyway. IRI let me know if that works for you as well.

Take a look at my sig for mfs config for novapunch.

Thank you. I've seen your sig before but I couldn't refind it. ibadadoth seems really friendly I'm sure he would put your configs linked in the #1 post of the MFS thread.

In case of anyone having problems with unexpected separation of the parachute modules (the stackable 2.5m one in my case), change "deploymentSpeed" and "semiDeploymentSpeed" in their part.cfgs to "1".

This seems to put less strain on the links and you therefor won't kill your Kerbals upon final descent.

The drag values of the chutes might need some editing as well. A pod landing with 8.5 m/s might just be a bit too fast.

I've had a lot of trouble getting the 2.5m large solids to stay attached to my launch vehicles. The radial decouplers can't take the strain and the linkage fails. The pack may need to start stocking beefed up decouplers.

Struts do the job. I promise. This is with 3 per main booster + radial decoupler. All I needed to put a 25t payload @ 300km high orbit. Well, that and the other 29 engines. :0.0:

vjclz9m.jpg

As a rocketry enthusiast who likes to build big, this might just be my favourite mod. Thanks!

Edited by bigsilverhotdog

yup, struts and explosive bolts. add generously. do not shake.

They are already covered in the extra heavy struts, it's the decouplers keep breaking off, at which point the struts sheer as well. Too many struts and they won't fall away when the time comes for them to stage off.

In case of anyone having problems with unexpected separation of the parachute modules (the stackable 2.5m one in my case), change "deploymentSpeed" and "semiDeploymentSpeed" in their part.cfgs to "1".

This seems to put less strain on the links and you therefor won't kill your Kerbals upon final descent.

The drag values of the chutes might need some editing as well. A pod landing with 8.5 m/s might just be a bit too fast.

Woah, I thought that deploymentSpeed was a delay but maybe it's the ramp-up time. I hope it is because all the parachutes absolutely pop open. I'd change them all to 5-10 sec pronto if it turns out to be true.

I know the explosion bolt has been around for a while, but ive just started using it recently. That is one of the most handy little mods. Can i change the decouple force to be a little stronger somehow?

In

GameData\NovaPunch2\Parts\Fairings\Fairings_ExpBolt

open up the part.cfg with a txt editor and change the "ejectionForce = 10" to "ejectionForce = 100"

example...

MODULE

{

name = ModuleDecouple

isOmniDecoupler = true

ejectionForce = 100

}

I've actually found out the solution to it. Apparently, if you're going to be using the Kethane mod, you absolutely need to install Kethane first. If you do not, it sets off a chain reaction of failures. So, the installation order should be;

KSP 21.1 -> Kethane -> MJ -> Any other mod.

Sorry to cause a scare, but, this actually solved everything! Now I can enjoy all the glory that NovaPunch has always been!!! Thanks for the hard work fellas!!!

So does that mean Download, start, Kethane, start, MJ,start then anything else? Also i've for Tiberion I'll put my logs and stuff in the morning if this doesn't work.

Edited by I.R.L.
Spelling

Its the name of the mod pluss _On and _Off . Black is off

NovaPunch2_Off

NovaPunch2_On

FASA_On

FASA_Off

I emailed the creator of the part catalog mod, he said he would add them in the next release!

Edited by frizzank

@Clueless: Not for me. Kethane was one of the last mods I installed, and I have over 20. Everything works as expected. (And no, I didn't install them all in one go.)

EDIT: Oh, and Tiberion, would it be possible to get the old model of the 4*800 liquid fuel engine cluster back as an option? I really liked its old model.

Is it just me or do none of the new fuel tanks have a dry mass? At least it doesn't say in the part description.

Also a few of the new probebodies have no inbuilt SAS, and the various new SAS parts weigh more and provide less torque than the stock parts. On the other hand, the engines and fuel tanks give more bang for their mass than stock, making these new engines less of an alternative, and more of an overpowered option.

Is it just me or do none of the new fuel tanks have a dry mass? At least it doesn't say in the part description.

Also a few of the new probebodies have no inbuilt SAS, and the various new SAS parts weigh more and provide less torque than the stock parts. On the other hand, the engines and fuel tanks give more bang for their mass than stock, making these new engines less of an alternative, and more of an overpowered option.

Im not sure i would agree the engines are overpowered, if you compare them, they have advantages and disadvantages compared to stock. i use a mixture of both. Someone in here did a comparison chart a few pages back. But this is only my Opinion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.