How many kerbals have you lost so far

Romby

.21 came just as i decided to start building and testing my own spaceplanes (and after career arrived i wornt restart a crashed test). So far i have 12 kerbals on the wall of memory. At 9 the kerbals called for a ejection system in the plane and this was installed. But Barney forgot to use it as his crew crashed.

How does your losses look so far?

In my proper save I probably would have somewhere around ten. I don't know the exact amount because for some strange reason killing jeb bob and bill revived everyone who had been killed previously. In my foolaround save I guess around around hundred. decided to see how many kerbals i could kill but after a while i the game decided it didn't wan't me to do anything, and locked every button

None as of yet. I haven't done much yet, but now with permanent death, I will only man proven designs that have been mathematically calculated to achieve their purpose and have at least two escape systems.

I worry that I am taking this game a bit too seriously.

Technically none, I guess. I crashed a couple planes, but always just used the revert to SPH option

I actually did do a rescue mission though, which I rarely ever did before. I had a 3-man Mun lander with no parachute or docking ports. I got it back into Kerbin orbit, then launched an empty rescue ship for them to EVA to. Jeb was the last one out, and before he went EVA he turned on the engines of the lander to de-orbit it. He had a bit of a rough ride getting out of there, but he made it

None yet. I managed to get Jeb to the new Mun before realising that I didn't have the fuel to bring him back. After a few adjustments to the rocket and an unmanned control unit was added I sent him a rescue ship. All has gone to plan so far. I don't think I'll be sending poor Jeb out on anymore maiden voyages though

Well a kerbal i hired died in a plane crash, and then after a few more launches for some reason he came back from the dead...or they found his mangled body and reconstructed it :wink: So that means i have killed none so far haha

None, except Bill, and that was because the game forgot to load any parts. Including the stock parts.

He was inside the capsule at the time.

But, I decided this was a glitch, and therefore it was appropriate to revive him with save editing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.