Get Jeb in Astronaut Complex

I apologize if this is answered somewhere, but I can't seem to figure it out. I don't remember killing Jeb (I've been doing only unmanned flight, but maybe I killed him early on and forgot about it), but I can't find him in the complex. I tried searching my persistent.sfs and I don't see him mentioned anywhere. Should I just install an addon to get him?

Thanks!

Edited by zje

Acutally, he's not in the Lost Tab, can't be hired, and I can't find him on the assignable side. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can double check when I get home. The fact that he isn't anywhere in the save file makes me curious - if he had some state (dead, lost, etc) it would have to stored there - right?

Not likely he's lost interest with that winning smile :cool:

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm considering trying one of the mods, but they aren't for 0.21 and I especially don't know if they would interact correctly with how crew works now.

I've gotten my unmanned design to land and come back from the Mun multiple times and I just know Jeb wants to be the first to plant a flag. It obviously isn't a major issue, but it seems odd...

I thought I had the same problem.

Jeb didn't show up at first. Since he actually is on a mission anyway, this seemed wrong... but he was not in the "assigned" folder either.

Well, he is now! Maybe the roster needs some updating from time to time...

Thanks for the replies! Sorry for the long thread on an almost meaningless subject - I tend to be tenacious when it comes to getting things working.

Ovenmit: how should I edit the save file? I don't see him in there anywhere (did a bunch of case-insensitive searches for strings like 'Jeb' and 'Ker'). I suppose I could steal his stats from one of the training files and create an entry, but I don't want to cause undefined behavior later down the road (i.e. what happens if the game tries to put him back). Any risk there?

Tokay: Did you do anything to force this refresh or did it just seem to happen?

Edited by zje

Ovenmit: how should I edit the save file? I don't see him in there anywhere (did a bunch of case-insensitive searches for strings like 'Jeb' and 'Ker'). I suppose I could steal his stats from one of the training files and create an entry, but I don't want to cause undefined behavior later down the road (i.e. what happens if the game tries to put him back). Any risk there?

under roster add:

CREW
{
name = Jebediah Kerman
brave = 0.5
dumb = 0.5
badS = True
state = 0
ToD = 0
idx = -1
}

It shouldn't break anything. Thats essentially all the game does when you "hire" a kerbal... it just adds them to that file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.