Ideas for new features or mods

Hello,

I've been playing for a couple of months now and have some ideas that I think will improve KSP:

Wind Tunnel. A feature where you can see how much drag your craft has. Could also include off-centre drag warnings or other drag issues that would make your craft unstable.

G-force mode. Click two parts of your craft to display the force needed to break them apart.

Second screen support to display a large navball, mechjeb stuff etc.

Craft Balancer. An automatic method to assess your craft, see where it is unbalanced and add small weights to balance it out.

Height adjust. Select one object then make other objects the same height/rotation/etc.

Radar. A basic downward facing radar to assist landings, just displays distance to ground.

Slower time warp. Slow down time for fine tuning maneuvers. 50%, 25% and 10% of normal speed.

Mission history. After a mission is done, show a map with each maneuver on it, course corrections etc.

Blueprints. Create a cool looking exploded diagram of your favourite craft, possibly showing stages, delta-v etc.

Inflatable heat shield. Like the aerobraking shield used in the movie "2010"

Maglev launch track. Put your craft on a sled that speeds up on a circular track before being flung up into orbit. Saving a bunch of delta-v would be nice.

Hydrogen Ramscoop. A large magnetic funnel for the front of your craft that scoops up hydrogen fuel for your nuclear thermal engine.

Solar Sail. Deployable large foil panels to catch the solar wind.

Static lagrange points. I know we can't simulate "real" lagrange points, but maybe 2 static ones X km in front of and behind a body's orbit?

Cargo bays with support for embedded ships. Some mods already have cargo bays, but I'd like to see vibration dampeners and docking clamps.

Hopefully some of those aren't too silly. I'd welcome comments :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.