Give these guys a break!>

skendzie

Jesus I've never seen so much complaining from a community. I'm guessing it's the influx of people from the Steam Summer sale? Anyway, I just want to say bravo to Squad for their continued development of KSP and their hard work that went into the last patch. Aside from a few things it looks very polished. I just hope they don't listen to the community too much and keep doing what they do best.

Communities for games like these are so damn demanding and nothing will satisfy everyone. There are always a very LOUD group of people that do nothing but bitch, however I am very grateful.

THANK YOU, SQUAD!

--We have rules regarding language. Please read them - the mod team--

The SAS is quite obviously broken for a large portion of the community, and most of the posts are actually trying to figure out what the bug is, not bitching. Bitching about the bitching is also not helpful.

Some people(especially on Steam) are using outdated mods, which don't help at all. I wonder how can it be that SAS works for some people(me included) and doesn't for some. It's just weird. I have yet to notice any major bugs, there is some sound problem, it cracks and freezes when loading the game/areas but other than that, this update made the game run better on my PC.

Edited by ForumHelper

Jesus I've never seen so much bitching from a community. I'm guessing it's the influx of people from the Steam Summer sale? Anyway, I just want to say bravo to Squad for their continued development of KSP and their hard work that went into the last patch. Aside from a few things it looks very polished. I just hope they don't listen to the community too much and keep doing what they do best.

Communities for games like these are so damn demanding and nothing will satisfy everyone. There are always a very LOUD group of people that do nothing but bitch, however I am very grateful.

THANK YOU, SQUAD!

Amen!!!!!!

Yeah, squad really should stop fixing bugs and listening to the community! We never should tell squad about the bugs and glitches! It will be good when everybody will be un satisfied and unhappy!

Seriously, think before you post.

Squad, thanks a ton for yet another amazing update.

As for the folks who are complaining, it's literally been less than a day since the update came out. Give them some time, people.

All of the people posting have probably got all sorts of mods installed and have their game totally different than stock. The developers should not be run by their modding community. It's should be the other way around.

And posts like these are necessary to thank the people who worked on this game and show them that not everyone hates their patch.

Yeah, squad really should stop fixing bugs and listening to the community! We never should tell squad about the bugs and glitches! It will be good when everybody will be un satisfied and unhappy!

Seriously, think before you post.

If you can't tell the difference between the intention of my post and what you're saying, you should think before you post.

Well instead of complaining people could also try to see if others explained how to works with new things like the new sas system.

Because people are posting solutions... it's now just about searching for them and trying it instead of putting the problem at Squad.

Squad needs some rest, they did a perfect job. I'll need to get used to the new system but with all the help of the community I'll get there. :)

Well instead of complaining people could also try to see if others explained how to works with new things like the new sas system.

Because people are posting solutions... it's now just about searching for them and trying it instead of putting the problem at Squad.

That's interesting because the guys at SQUAD have acknowledged that the SAS is having issues and is not working as intended for a large portion of the userbase, and that they are currently looking for causes and solutions.

So, thanks for the tips, I guess?.

E: Thanks Deadweasel. Also, here is the original post from HarvestR acknowledging the fact that something is probably going wrong with an install or is in a bugged state:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/41835-Come-back-old-ASAS-all-is-forgiven%21?p=540433&viewfull=1#post540433

Edited by regex

Here's a thought:

Since threads like these will just keep popping, no matter what anybody tries to do to squash them, how about we as a community take it upon ourselves to spread information to those who may not have it yet?

For example, regex calls out SQUAD's acknowledgement of the problem, but didn't include a link. No slight intended to regex because I think he's on the right path, but what if those among us who had such information made a concerted effort to spread it around, and in the process cut these threads short that get filled with so much non-information and useless responses?

Somebody whines about ASAS: post a link to show that somebody is aware and working to fix it. That's all the folks who are complaining are really looking for anyway: some kind of response that proves it's not just them experiencing it, and that it's being addressed in some way.

EDIT:

Allow me to back what I suggested with a link: C7 calling out that they are aware of the ASAS trouble and are looking at it right now

Edited by Deadweasel

Jesus I've never seen so much bitching from a community. I'm guessing it's the influx of people from the Steam Summer sale? Anyway, I just want to say bravo to Squad for their continued development of KSP and their hard work that went into the last patch. Aside from a few things it looks very polished. I just hope they don't listen to the community too much and keep doing what they do best.

THANK YOU, SQUAD!

Amen!

BUT, I do appreciate those that have added to the community by constructively shared their issue in an effort aid the developers in solving the problem. The recent poll suggests that the majority of the users are not having the problem, but there is a population that does. I am SURE that this will be resolved very soon.

Until then, as Jules from Pulp Fiction (Samuel L. Jackson) would say: "Bitch, be cool!!!"

Edited by roosterr

In last major update, there was a bug with mouse scrolling, but it only affected Linux users which of course resulted in badly skewed numbers. It looked like only a very small percentage of players were experiencing it, so naturally the trend was to knock those players for doing something screwy with their installs (copying in incompatible mods, doing something odd with their configs etc).

Funny, the mouse wheel problem turned out to be a valid bug, and was fixed in the first patch after the update.

It just goes to prove that you can't really discount a complaint simply because the people experiencing it are in the minority, or worse, calling the players out for "doing it wrong" out-of-hand. There very well could be something problematic in the game that only shows up in certain cases that SQUAD didn't anticipate.

There is a plethora of threads discussing SAS both here in General and in the KSP Development forum. If you want to do that, visit one of those.

There is also a sticky for this sort of praise, though I advise not bringing that kind of language in there.

That said, this thread has no purpose.