[0.22] GatlingGun mod.

DYJ

• 2 weeks later...

It's semi-incompatible with the new procedural wing build, but if by itself it works fine. If you want it to work with Procedural Wing what I did is delete the Gatling Guns dll and keep Procedural wings one. You won't have any sound though, but tbh that's good because it gets rid of that glitch in the SPH/VAB.

Hmmm, I seem to have problems making this mod work. I can get the gun to appear, and make the firing sound, but there are no projectiles or bullet casings. I tried fixing the location directory in the parts file, but that didn't fix it. I also removed procedural wings from the mod folder, just in case, but nothing either. Anyone else run across this problem?

Maybe a thing to add would be the more cylinder-looking gun on the A-10 Thunderbolt, possibly some sort of surface-attachable single-barreled machine gun.

GAU-8 Avenger, 30x173mm rotary autocannon. Also, the GAU-8 isn't mounted to the A-10, they built the A-10 because somebody said "Hey, guys... we should strap a gun to this plane". And so they did.

Beyond that, there's a guy who made a weapons pack with gun pods already and they work REALLY well; they don't glitch out if you place then inside wings, and don't arbitrarily destroy parts of their attached aircraft.

GAU-8 Avenger, 30x173mm rotary autocannon. Also, the GAU-8 isn't mounted to the A-10, they built the A-10 because somebody said "Hey, guys... we should strap a gun to this plane". And so they did.

Beyond that, there's a guy who made a weapons pack with gun pods already and they work REALLY well; they don't glitch out if you place then inside wings, and don't arbitrarily destroy parts of their attached aircraft.

Link please?

• 3 weeks later...

Btw, I think you mean to say "Hey, guys... we should strap a PLANE to this GUN". Because that is actually what they did. :)

Btw, I think you mean to say "Hey, guys... we should strap a PLANE to this GUN". Because that is actually what they did. :)

Of course then the Russians had to go and make a gun that literally damages the plane that it is attached to in order to one up them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gryazev-Shipunov_GSh-6-30

I am trying to make a plane with a machine gun that fires through the propeller hub, like a p-63 or LaGG-3.

I found that it behaves similar to landing legs as when it clips it pushes other parts around, but clipping any part besides landing legs and the gatling gun doesnt cause a problem.

Is there something in the config that i need to change? Or is this not fixable?

• 4 weeks later...

Gents,

I cannot for the life of me get this download link to work. I get the first 26% of the file then my D/L speed drops to 0bps.

Any subsequent attempt to download results in an error and / or a "cannot load page" message...

Anyone else having this issue?

Gents,

I cannot for the life of me get this download link to work. I get the first 26% of the file then my D/L speed drops to 0bps.

Any subsequent attempt to download results in an error and / or a "cannot load page" message...

Anyone else having this issue?

Downloaded fine for me.

And works fine, had it installed since Jan this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...