[0.22] GatlingGun mod.

DYJ

What the hell does this mean, DYJ?

lackofkrakensbanontrailrendererscompensation = 0.1

Oh, and is BulletPower the force that the bullet gets when fired, or is it the speed the bullet gets when fired?

I remeber that code during the dev. Its something to compensate for the Krakens bain, making it able to actually work. Kraken bain wanted to get in the way.

when I saw Kerbal at War 2 (look at the link, it's worth it) on youtube, I first wondered how you can make a canon like this, so does somebody know how the autor tweaked the CFCs to make it fire like heavy weapon? (here is the link =
)

I'm trying to make a cannon, though I'll be using the default model. I will post the cfg when done, I think. Oh, and maybe you could just ask the guy who made kerbals at war for the cannon?

I put a couple of these on one of my ships, and about a minute after taking off, the camera zooms out as if my CoG is far away from my ship, then stuff explodes and I get ejected from the Kerbol System at several times the speed of light.

I put a couple of these on one of my ships, and about a minute after taking off, the camera zooms out as if my CoG is far away from my ship, then stuff explodes and I get ejected from the Kerbol System at several times the speed of light.

Meh. Just call it a record and enjoy the ride. :)

side mounted i had issues with the gun just making the craft explode. if i put a strut cube down and used the end mount for the gun it seemed pretty reliable.

would really appreciate the overheat warning bar so i know if it's about to pop on me.

cool part!

side mounted i had issues with the gun just making the craft explode. if i put a strut cube down and used the end mount for the gun it seemed pretty reliable.

would really appreciate the overheat warning bar so i know if it's about to pop on me.

cool part!

The end of the gun has a pretty big collision mesh so it can glitch stuff if the barrels are too close to something.

Is there a solution to reduce the recoil?

I put on a tower and recoil backwards tower

the recoil is nuts! pretty cheaty if you put one on a satellite and use it for propulsion. :D

I went into the CFG file and reduced its mass and recoil force to something I personally feel more closely in line with real-life miniguns - but YMMV.

This mod is EXCELLENT even if I had to change the recoil and the mass to actually make crafts flyable with those sweet babies.

Awesome job DYJ.

But is there a way for us to create a cannon ( more like the 20mm flak guns, or even 120mm tank cannons ) from the GAU-19 files please ?

It's the same with me.

Somehow the gun only causes damage to the player. :S

Thanks man. I assume it's not cooperating lol

I had some unexpected computer issues but it is being fixed. I should be able to finish it tomorrow (if it is fixed by then)

Anyway yeah some parts ended up clipping and the seat was shooting up through the top armor ripping the turret off in the process.