[0.22] GatlingGun mod.

DYJ

if (Input.GetKeyDown(keyFire) == true && (vessel.isActiveVessel == true)) sound.audio.Play();

if (Input.GetKeyUp(keyFire) == true && (vessel.isActiveVessel == true)) sound.audio.Stop();

I have no idea what i could change or do differently to stop the "extra" sounds from playing..

Took me 5 hours to get the sound to work in the first place :P

i have a question, how can i code it to play a single sound fully every shot?

i know how to make it play looping sounds on trigger press, but i dont really like that option when you have differeing rate of fire for 6 or so different gunpods im trying to code.

already figured out how to make each gun use a different sound file, but i cant get the blasted thing to play a non looping sound once for every shot (i have alot of single shot sound files laying around, just cant figure out how to make each bullet fire a single shot), im no pro at C#, so help would be appreciated....just started modding KSP plugins a few weeks ago...

Gatling gun? That's cute...

~

Cool mod, but stock weapons have Gravitas.

Looks cool. Dubious tactical value. Also, how do you reload it?

Plus, once InfiniteDice finally releases his Naval Warfare stuff, those "Gravitas" will fall like wheat before the scythe that is a single CIWS, even if you fired them all at it perfectly with less then a second between launches. Then all one has to do is aim a 20" gun at your "Tank" and watch it weep.

Not that it's needed to wait that long. Just use a Sub and a missile from the sub, and your "Gravitas" will look as useless as they actually are. Stock Weapons can't compete against even a basic modded weapon(such as this Gatling Gun), aside from looking cool.

Can we just make a huge weapon mod already instead of begging DYJ to change his one mod

Pirated Weaponry(Not yet updated) or InfiniteDice's Naval Warfare(not yet released) are mods that might interest you if you want a "Huge Weapon Mod". Also Lazor Weaponry.

Can we just make a huge weapon mod already instead of begging DYJ to change his one mod

i will also come out with a smaller scale gunpods mod for use on aircraft ect

based on the minigun, but hopefully more realistic, less damage (except for the 30mm cannons), less rate of fire, but reasonably heavy (prolly 0.3ish), and a smaller shape, and also hopefully without the glitches that cause your own ship to be shot apart when firing backwards or turning and shooting....

here are a few pics of the mod im close to done with, still a few bugs and a few things im working on like animated ammunition belts, but more or less the idea is here, gunpods for those who want something a bit more conventional......

KSCwdU9.png

0jX9rXo.png

h7by7q3.png

8nzmWT2.png

i have 4 different types almost done, this is the only one sofar that ive compiled and made work in game atm

this model has a 20mm and a 30mm variant as you can see in pics

here are a few pics of the mod im close to done with, still a few bugs and a few things im working on like animated ammunition belts, but more or less the idea is here, gunpods for those who want something a bit more conventional......

*snip*

i have 4 different types almost done, this is the only one sofar that ive compiled and made work in game atm

this model has a 20mm and a 30mm variant as you can see in pics

Maybe you could add Magic Smoke Industries: Infernal Robotics support to a turret-like gun. Maybe extremely low fire rate, with massive damage like tank shells? Example design:

Osorio-Turretz.gifPorsche_turret_king_tiger_content_01.jpg

If you are lucky, maybe you could get sirkut to assist you with the setup?

Would be a really cool addition to this mod.

Maybe you could add Magic Smoke Industries: Infernal Robotics support to a turret-like gun. Maybe extremely low fire rate, with massive damage like tank shells? Example design:

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/Osorio-Pics/Osorio-Turretz.gifhttp://waltersons.com/hobby/images/content_images/Porsche_turret_king_tiger_content_01.jpg

If you are lucky, maybe you could get sirkut to assist you with the setup?

Would be a really cool addition to this mod.

i am planning on this, just not in 1st release

im gonna make my gunpod pack (if i can do it soon there will be a missile launcher pod as well), then eventually ill add tank guns

i have a few models sitting around from the old days (used to mod this really old WW2 RTS a few years back, so i have plenty of turret and gun meshes to choose from, thats actually where i got the gunpod mesh, i just modded it with a shell ejector slot and changed teh back a bit)

i will add tank guns and artillery eventually, its just not gonna be done right now, i can only do so much at a time (although if i can get it done soon i will add one surprise gun into this pack i wasnt planning on, one for tanks and heavy ships)

all in all, ill defenetely add turrets or at least tank guns to this eventually, possibly use romfarer's sunbeam turret as a base plugin (you get a turret, ill just need to slow it down alot to balance it and possibly remove autoaim, or leave it in?), its just not gonna happen immediately, if you have a specific turret in mind i can try to model it, but i prefer working low poly (so its unlikely ill make anything super detailed), less work to manipulate models, and run smoother in game.

Can you make a WW1 vickers and/or Lewis gun for the new firespitter biplanes?

Also will there be new improved sounds, because a mini-gun sound isn't a appropriate sound for a 20/30mm cannon (or 7.7mm mg if you do the vickers/Lewis.)

Edited by qwertyx2y
Adding stuff

Can you make a WW1 vickers and/or Lewis gun for the new firespitter biplanes?

Also will there be new improved sounds, because a mini-gun sound isn't a appropriate sound for a 20/30mm cannon (or 7.7mm mg if you do the vickers/Lewis.)

im not making it a WW1 gun specifically per say but there will be a exposed single low caliber machine gun that may or may not look like a WW1 gun (prolly 13mm or something like that as 8mm or less is gonna be useless given the KSP engine limits, less energy then so so and it becomes non lethal at all....), which should sortof fit WW1 style (it will be belt fed as i cant get a drum to animate properly (i did make a belt fed one though with animated links moving during firing).

and im still trying to recode sound, to make them fire 1 sound per shot instead of looping we have now (not that looping is bad, but it requires specific sounds for every individual gun, which id rather not be forced to make), so hopefully ill have maybee 3 different sound effects for a low caliber mg, autocannon, and tank gun, im not making every single cannon have different sound as its overkill.

and for anyone who would like a historical weapon included in this pack, please provide me with the 3d model for it (it can be from the internet or wherever, as long as im freely allowed to use it according to author's liscense). I have no plans to make historical weaponry (since KSP isnt exactly using any parts that are based on real life replicas and i dont really feel like being super focused on copying a real life object, easier to make something purely custom which looks good).

only reason the gunpod in this pictures is based on a mg151/20 from WW2 is cause i had the model file on my machine already, all i did was tweak the back section to make it flat and support connecting to a node there if one doesnt want to mount it radially. All my other models are going to be more or less made up (except a friend of mine really wanted me to make a mig21's dual 23 gunpod, so i do plan on having that as the only other semi reality based cannon in this pack). Anyone who wants real life models, please provide a link to a already done 3d model, or make one yourself (i will credit anyone who helps add to this package).

Errmmmm, you are kinda spamming this thread with your own stuff.....maybe you could make a page for your mod? I would love to check it out.

will do once its in alpha, ive decided to not wait till its 100% done, so itll have just a few guns and missiles (if romfarer doesnt mind since they are temporarily using romfarer.dll plugin) in initial package

I had had this happen to me in DJY's version of this in .22. It happens when you're going backwards and some strange glitch happens and, like you said, the bullets don't more than a foot or two. I don't know how the glitch was formed but a way to fix it is to not go backwards.

will do once its in alpha, ive decided to not wait till its 100% done, so itll have just a few guns and missiles (if romfarer doesnt mind since they are temporarily using romfarer.dll plugin) in initial package

You know, if you want somewhere to post your pictures, there's a development section, and it's pretty much used for WIP projects. You could post your pictures there, as it's generally considered poor form to hijack other peoples threads.

To anyone who thinks they can help me out with this, then, uh... well, read on :P

While I really like the standard gatling gun, I want to have another version with some alterations:

1. Change the colour of the bullets from red to a light turquoise-blue, much like those seen here and

2. Remove the muzzle flames.

Unless someone can create a walkthrough, I'm going to need another person to do this (sorry...), as the limit of my modding knowledge is changing some values in the config files :rolleyes:

Bear in mind that you'll have to contact DYJ to be sure you can distribute the new version (unless you actually are DYJ...).

If anyone can help, then thanks in advance :)