0.21.1 out :)

superm18

Who are these 'many people'? I've never heard anybody say it was good...

Dude:

People saying everything works perfectly: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/41882-The-new-%28and-improved-%29-SAS-system

A poll showing that a majority of people weren't having issues with the SAS: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/41903-Say-it-here-if-21-works-perfectly-for-you

Anyway, it was working mostly good here. But it was still weak, it's true. Making it a bit stronger is most likely going to make it work for some people for who it didn't, and improve the experience for those who had it to work. I'm glad they did that.

Edited by stupid_chris

Well, it is just people try porting their ships or trying to play their old saves probally

I spent the whole night trying to figure it out, and trust me it isn't. I had some people build a rocket from a fresh install and have it going wrong, and when I built the same rocket on my fresh install, it went straight up.

Well, it is just people try porting their ships or trying to play their old saves probally

Ummm, no.

I start fresh with every release. The problem I was having was that I wasn't seeing it consistently.

Nope. I started with a clean install, and while my low-altitude planes flew fine, my SSTOs did cartwheels, my lifters were very unstable, and my first long-range probes wouldn't stay pointed at their maneuver nodes.

Nice, SAS now holds a heading, and the more torque pieces you add, the more powerful it will come to an angular momentum stop. Also, the feature where it only alters one axis works :).

I like the new system now that its fixed.

Edit: Only one thing, it doesn't seem to like time acceleration/warp. Will start wobbling around and have issues holding its bearing, at least when under acceleration.

Edit2: Also, I'm not to happy about the loading times when entering/exiting buildings, it takes for ever to load the new Kerbal Space Center area - 5-6 seconds with my SSD. Also a bug in this place, when you move the camera, which is done by holding the right mouse button, the selection effect flickers on the buildings where the mouse is 'invisible' on - just a visual bug but gives a unclean ucky feeling when navigating around. Shadow flickering isn't very pretty either.

Edited by Tingle

0.20.1 already, too good SQUAD. Last night I was really enjoying docking again and also using the new not quite perfect asas(albeit greatly improved) to get into orbit. It reminded me of driving 30 year old cars in RL. Fun to work out how they handle with so much play in the steering but also a bit dangerous. Jeb Bill and Bob went poof about 20min into 0.20 ha ha ha.

Now I just want to get home from work and try out 0.20.1.

Again, too good SQUAD. So much fun and learning for so little money!

So ignorancy?

No. Some of the problems I think were fixable. One person's rocket I fixed simply by attaching launch things to it because I think it was wobbling on the launch, and I think when one turned on the SAS while it was wobbling, it threw it off.

But there were other people's stuff I saw videos of that I had no idea why it wasn't working. Most everything I made worked fine.

I just was able to start download the "first" 0.21 (actually i'm not so more a kid, so "playing with pc" is still a passion, but a real life takes more time now a bit more adult).

I was just waiting about finish it, so, to use my free time, i was just starting reading about a "problem" with new SAS-Reaction Wheels, that IMMEDIATELY, as the problem was aknowledged by SQUAD Dev (I'm late about... uhm... a couple of days about the release, and just half a day when they started looking at the "maybe bug"), it's already out the NEW 0.21.1 to FIX!!!

AMAZING!

Thisi is probably one of the best sofware development team ever I seen at work:

GLADLY TO BE AN OLD CUSTOMER (not one of their firsts, but I'm here from quite of a bit): Squad are always my heroes :D

<Araym votes for a standing ovation... > BRAVI!!! < ...that obvously he starts!!!>

:D:D ... i just cancelled the "old bugged" 0.21 download to start a fresh-directly patched 0.21.1. not bothering to wait the bugged one to finish, when there is a better version already officially available... :D:D

Edit 1: MUST TO BE QUOTED

In Squad We Trust!

« In Squad We Trust! »

:cool:... I like it... :cool:

Edited by Araym
... roosterr MOTTO added! I LIKE IT!

Changelog says it fixes the SAS that many people said wasn't broken.

No, it wasn't broken. They made the reaction wheels stronger and tightened up the response angles on SAS a bit. I wouldn't say it was broken. They only tweaked some values so your ships won't veer off course as much. There is still one issue C7 is currently looking into. Nothing that will keep your ships grounded though.

No, it wasn't broken. They made the reaction wheels stronger and tightened up the response angles on SAS a bit. I wouldn't say it was broken. They only tweaked some values so your ships won't veer off course as much.

Huh. Imagine that. .21.1 also unlearned me how to read.

==================================== v0.21.1

Bug Fixes and Tweaks:

* Fixed an issue with the new SAS not properly maintaining attitude. Should be much better now.

I also forgot to add, if you're having problems using SAS, it needs to be known if you are also using a joystick. It is under suspicion that joystick centering is partly at fault here.

... still pointing THIS as a secondary bug, easily handled by some user's side tweaks - better SAS-Reaction wheels-RTS-Gimballing authority controls is happily welcomed ;)

Pointing out: I like the «... it's hardly rocket science!» KSP ways to go... i could feel, from whoes were not happy about some features' low response on "already old 0.21 release", that i should probably take a real world astronaut license, than actually enjoing my restarted game (... 0.20/0.20.2 was pretty different than what I used up to 0.19, so i just made my "own version" post 0.20 working assembly), where I restarted one of my most ambitious project from scratch:

all human space craft reenactment in orbit AT THE SAME TIME (all that achieved an orbit, at least).

... At my rate, "1 year worth of launches" any real-life week...

... I'm just finished 4 years: 1957 (... first human made objects in orbit: Sputnik 1 and Sputnik 2... God will bless you, Laika ;.;... 2 launches) - 1958 - 1959 - 1960...

... 4 weeks playing just started... I guess many weeks will pass to arrive to actual present year, 2013... LOL :rolleyes:

(beside, probably, starting more "free temed games", when contemprarly I could launch Apollo-Saturn Mission- like on the moon, when there is also a race between a cancelled "costellation" mission-like and a stock free temed one launched together: my kerbals are ant-like space rocket people :D )

Edited by Araym

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.