0.21.1 out :)

superm18

My first rocket with 0.21.0 rolled quite a bit as it approached orbit. With 0.21.1 it rolls far less. And its easier to steer during the gravity turn. Doesn't seem to detract from the playing experience and it makes flying generally-stable rockets easier. I haven't tried (yet) to fly really crazy stuff, but I gotta believe the update will help with that.

Just tested the new release, with the exact same rocket I used for 0.21.

It had a structural failure and started spinning. I couldn't regain control of it fast enough. Probably could have in .20, but I don't expect to recover from the failure I had.

Launched again, and despite my engines not gimbaling, the SAS was able to hold it's heading for the burns, mostly. Much better than before.

I'd need to try a interplanetary burn of 30 minutes with a nuke before I can feel confident in it, but so far it looks good.

With 0.21 everything was beautiful, rockets spaceplanes everything flew great! After I updated to 0.21.1 I haven't gotten anything into orbit intact. there just aren't enough struts lol a 200 part rocket shouldn't be 170 struts :blush: I had the jet engine fall off my plane in a gentle steady climb (wasn't shaking overheated, or wobbling at all, just fell off) Tomorrow, I'll try to take some vids and see what you guys think (maybe on a different part of the forum though)

With 0.21 everything was beautiful, rockets spaceplanes everything flew great! After I updated to 0.21.1 I haven't gotten anything into orbit intact. there just aren't enough struts lol a 200 part rocket shouldn't be 170 struts :blush: I had the jet engine fall off my plane in a gentle steady climb (wasn't shaking overheated, or wobbling at all, just fell off) Tomorrow, I'll try to take some vids and see what you guys think (maybe on a different part of the forum though)

That is wierd. One would expect you not to get it? As it fixed my problems of not flying straight with only one I.R.W. and I never had a need for 170 struts either? What the heck is the moster you're trying to lift? Pictures of it please.

Dude:

People saying everything works perfectly: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/41882-The-new-%28and-improved-%29-SAS-system

A poll showing that a majority of people weren't having issues with the SAS: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/41903-Say-it-here-if-21-works-perfectly-for-you

Anyway, it was working mostly good here. But it was still weak, it's true. Making it a bit stronger is most likely going to make it work for some people for who it didn't, and improve the experience for those who had it to work. I'm glad they did that.

Except not everyone votes so it's biased.

I had no issues with the sas what so ever, one of my planes kept pitching upwards, but that came from unstable confugration of CoM and CoT, also the engines for atmospheric flight were slightly over engineered, so the back of my plane kept pushing harder forward then the rest of the plane could manage to move XD. my first rocket had some wobble, but only until I dropped the first asparagus stage (at some point in the future i should try and learn how to build working rockets without asparagus, just for the fun of it XD)

until now, i have not encountered phantom forces, making my planes/Space Crafts wander off course, but yet again, that is software development for you. For some people it might work perfectly, others may have that exact system configuration that causes mishaps, error, mayham, cataclysm and bad language to happen.

well on the other hand, having a stronger and more responsive sas at my disposal is nothing that I dislike. You know, moar power, is always good to have :D

Very nice to see it fixed rather quickly. I guess they didn't fly that many large planes in various situations.

On both of the ones I've been working on when I was climbing and would have to q/r a little bit it would lose it's upward direction, all the time.

I got two of my somewhat marginal fuel shuttles into orbit last night with 0.21.1 - they have very minimal torque and small RCS thrusters, and the second stage gives less than 1 G (K?) so it's an exciting ride to orbit. So, not too much wrong here from my perspective.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.