[1.0.5] PWB Fuel Balancer v0.1.2 (3rd November 2015)

codepoet

right,

it works well as it is, maybe just say to the world it works with 0.90

...but if u have time one day i have some ideas! :P

-add compatibilty with

KSP-AVC http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79745

and C-KAN http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100067-The-Comprehensive-Kerbal-Archive-Network-%28CKAN%29-Package-Manager-v1-5-0-24-Dec-2014

-i see the balance put always the fuel in extremities and so set the inertia at maximum: mode to keep balance but reduce inertia?(mode stability or agility)

-an upgrade of 3D part to look like a pump

-balance the part for carreer:

for me now there is only avantages to put it: light weight, no drag, low price, hight temperature supported.

when i build a vessel i like to think: "shall i really need this? does the functionalities worth it weight/cost/...? "

-so add electricity drain, increase cost and weight

-so add differents pumps sizes: small one balance slow but is cheap and lightweight, unlockable soon in techtree,...(tweakscale?)

-reduce the size of the green ball (maybe i just build too small vessel ) or idealy a slider to resize it like RCSbuildaid does: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/35996

but i know u don't have time and i'm sure u have great ideas too...(everyone got ideas but not always the time and capacity to does)

Now i'm too noob to help u more but i'm learning slowly (blender, etc) and if i can help u later i will do it.

can i modify your work to learn and share it here?

Unless im mistaken you can take, modify and redistribute in anyway you wish, as long as credit to the original author. (I think needs to be the same licence also).

• 1 month later...

version 0.1 release.

- - - Updated - - -

So I have finally got around to rebuilding this for KSP0.90. I have added a simple UI that has button to move the CoM target around manually. You can also rename balancers if you have more than one. I now need a few ideas and suggestions as to which direction to go with this mod. I would like to:

1) be able to save multiple CoM target locations.

2) rework the actual balancing code to prioritise maintaining balance along a particular axis.

Any other suggestions?

version 0.1 release.

- - - Updated - - -

So I have finally got around to rebuilding this for KSP0.90. I have added a simple UI that has button to move the CoM target around manually. You can also rename balancers if you have more than one. I now need a few ideas and suggestions as to which direction to go with this mod. I would like to:

1) be able to save multiple CoM target locations.

2) rework the actual balancing code to prioritise maintaining balance along a particular axis.

Any other suggestions?

Good to see you back! Gratz on the new release.

Thanks for updating this. Awesome!. I was wondering why you called it PWB? I work on the the B-1 and we call it FCGMS (Fuel Center of Gravity Measurement System). Did I miss where you said what the acronym stood for? :) You know how we in the government love our acronyms.

Great job!

Thanks for updating this. Awesome!. I was wondering why you called it PWB? I work on the the B-1 and we call it FCGMS (Fuel Center of Gravity Measurement System). Did I miss where you said what the acronym stood for? :) You know how we in the government love our acronyms.

Great job!

It's from that classic song. Everybody, sing with me...

"Peanut Wutter Belly.

Peanut Wutter Belly.

PeanutWutterBelly. PeanutWutterBelly. PeanutWutterBelly with a BASEBALL BAT."

Okay now that I've got that song stuck in the head of every person over the age of 20, I'd like to - as I frequently do - wonder publicly how yet another indespensible and should-be-stock mod could hide from my eye for so long. Installing this one right. frickin'. now.

I'm impressed. This mod helped my vtol spaceplane immensely to achieve stable flight at all times.

But, i had to constantly press my hotkey to rebalance the fuel to the set CoM. Is there a way to continually balance the fuel automatically, without me always mashing my action group hotkey?

I'm impressed. This mod helped my vtol spaceplane immensely to achieve stable flight at all times.

But, i had to constantly press my hotkey to rebalance the fuel to the set CoM. Is there a way to continually balance the fuel automatically, without me always mashing my action group hotkey?

EDIT: derp nvm, I thought the balancing thing was a one time thing. Ignore this post.

There is an option to "Maintain Balance", as well as a one time balance option. To be honnest I can't remember what I called them - but they are both there if you right click on the part.

There is an option to "Maintain Balance", as well as a one time balance option. To be honnest I can't remember what I called them - but they are both there if you right click on the part.

Yup I found it, thanks for the mod!

Hopefully it can get craft like this one which have a main forward propulsion, but also have landing gear and landing engines, to fly straight.

I MAY end up having to put the engines and stuff on the other side of the tanks just to make it balanced. longer landing legs would also be nice actually.

Edit: Theres a major problem with this mod in that it somehow breaks launch clamps so that they aren't the immovable objects they normally are, plus it spams the output log with this:

popupActive: False

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

I just tested without this mod and things are working as they should, so, it's this mod.

Edit: Turns out that the thing with the clamps was some wierdness with KSP plus kraken. This mod was definetly the source of the strange message since that stopped when I removed PWB fuel balancer.

screenshot29_zpsikvu5tmy.png

Edited by smjjames

There was also some offbalance listing going on which PWB balancer seemed to valiantly try to fix, but wasn't casued by the plugin, just something I did. Which should be fixed now, had something to do with the side tanks, no idea what.

Now that the message spamming thing is fixed (hopefully), I'll give this another try, see if it's more effective. Although I have a thrust balance problem that I have to solve anyway.

Is there a way to increase the speed at which it balances the fuel? It's having trouble balancing a large ship design of mine. Well, it's TRYING to balance, but it's not balancing fast enough.

Edited by smjjames

• 1 month later...

Any hope for this hitting 1.0-compatibility? The Goodspeed fuel balancer doesn't look like it'll be supported anymore and the TAC balancer actively eats fuel when you group tanks of multiple sizes. Kind of a pity about Goodspeed, but yours looks like it has really nice features as well.

Any hope for this hitting 1.0-compatibility? The Goodspeed fuel balancer doesn't look like it'll be supported anymore and the TAC balancer actively eats fuel when you group tanks of multiple sizes. Kind of a pity about Goodspeed' date=' but yours looks like it has really nice features as well.[/quote']

It seems that 1.0.2 game version has STOCK fuel balancer. At least for SPH-built spaceplanes. Fuel is drained at CoM so fuel-empty CoM is quite near fuel-full CoM if you put tanks both in front and in back of payload.

• 2 weeks later...
It seems that 1.0.2 game version has STOCK fuel balancer. At least for SPH-built spaceplanes. Fuel is drained at CoM so fuel-empty CoM is quite near fuel-full CoM if you put tanks both in front and in back of payload.

It's not a stock fuel balancer. Some engines have been recoded to draw fuel uniformly similar to RCS draw. This reduces issues, but does not solve them as you can still wind up shifting your CoM, especially if you drop a stage.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...