[1.0.5] PWB Fuel Balancer v0.1.2 (3rd November 2015)

codepoet

• 1 month later...
Because Skalou is awesome and has created a fab model for the part for this mod, I am going to give this mod a bit of a shake to get the dust out of it and make a release for 1.0.5. Thanks so much for the support. It might be a couple of weeks though as I can't see when I am going to next have a day off (worked on my day off this week, with no less than 6 funerals to deal with!).

Nice you found the time to update it!

Thank you.

Here is the new part:

KDPOile.png

The config of this part has also changed a bit, now you will have to paid to use the balancer on your craft :cool: :

So it cost you mass , drag, money to research and build it ( available in the Specialized Control node of the Tech-tree).

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Great mod, one niggle. For me, I get an additional toggle button on the stock app launcher with every re-load of a PWB-enabled vessel. So, eventually I just have, for argument's sake, 10 PWB buttons in a block and have to scroll all the way past them. I remember another mod that had the same issue in the VAB view (Ubio welding, maybe?) and it was because the mod wasn't calling some "Destroy" method for its app launcher button when the scene got unloaded.

On 1/9/2016 at 1:47 PM, Bluebottle said:

Great mod, one niggle. For me, I get an additional toggle button on the stock app launcher with every re-load of a PWB-enabled vessel. So, eventually I just have, for argument's sake, 10 PWB buttons in a block and have to scroll all the way past them. I remember another mod that had the same issue in the VAB view (Ubio welding, maybe?) and it was because the mod wasn't calling some "Destroy" method for its app launcher button when the scene got unloaded.

Thanks for this.I will try to get it fixed sometime, but can't make promises that it will be super-soon.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, codepoet said:

So there is nothing that needs fixing?

Good stuff - carry on everyone :)

Ah, I see how that was ambiguous. No, I meant that NH was the mod that had a similar problem, and that comment just described it better than I did (finally came across it again!). PWB still gives me incrementally more buttons with each scene change.

11 hours ago, Bluebottle said:

Ah, I see how that was ambiguous. No, I meant that NH was the mod that had a similar problem, and that comment just described it better than I did (finally came across it again!). PWB still gives me incrementally more buttons with each scene change.

Oh. 

OK, I will get ti fixing it when I have a day off. Thanks for the heads up.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So sorry folks. I promised to get this working, but did nothing.

I have not played kerbal for over a year now. Can someone tell me - does pwbfueldbalancer still work with whatever the latest version of KSP is? Also is there still a demand of need for this mod?

4 hours ago, codepoet said:

So sorry folks. I promised to get this working, but did nothing.

I have not played kerbal for over a year now. Can someone tell me - does pwbfueldbalancer still work with whatever the latest version of KSP is? Also is there still a demand of need for this mod?

Interesting you should say that, as I was going to ask you if you would like me to support it...  I've been getting requests to incorporate this feature into SM...

Edited by Papa_Joe

Nice to see you back, :)

This mod does'nt work anymore, nothing appear in the right click menu ( and no icon toolbar for long time, maybe after KSP 0.90)

but don't spend your time just to update this mod, why not try the new 1.1 first? ( and 1.2 soon maybe),

However PWB is a really good concept, and i didn't found an other mod as usefull to balance all kind of ship even with strange fueltank placement :wink:

during this time, kerbalstuff also closed the door.

@Papa_Joe, what a luck to see you interested in this task, however on my side i would prefer it as a separate mod instead of seing it merged in ShipManifest,

@linuxgurugamer also revive a lot of mod, or anyone else is intersted?

Edited by Skalou

3 hours ago, Skalou said:

Nice to see you back, :)

This mod does'nt work anymore, nothing appear in the right click menu ( and no icon toolbar for long time, maybe after KSP 0.90)

but don't spend your time just to update this mod, why not try the new 1.1 first? ( and 1.2 soon maybe),

However PWB is a really good concept, and i didn't found an other mod as usefull to balance all kind of ship even with strange fueltank placement :wink:

during this time, kerbalstuff also closed the door.

@Papa_Joe, what a luck to see you interested in this task, however on my side i would prefer it as a separate mod instead of seing it merged in ShipManifest,

@linuxgurugamer also revive a lot of mod, or anyone else is intersted?

Not saying I would merge this.  Only saying there is interest in the capability.  My thought is to simply support it if @codepoet wishes.  I already support CLS for him, so seemed a natural fit.

Edited by Papa_Joe

As with other mods that I wrote, I am not in a position to do justice to PWBfuelbalancer. If anyone else would like to take it on or work it into something else, I would be grateful. Send me a PM.

2 hours ago, codepoet said:

As with other mods that I wrote, I am not in a position to do justice to PWBfuelbalancer. If anyone else would like to take it on or work it into something else, I would be grateful. Send me a PM.

@codepoet PM sent

@codepoet and i have been in discussions, and I will be assuming support of PWB Fuel Balancer in his absence.. He has granted me access to his GitHub repo, so the source will remain in the same place.  

I've created a new thread HERE.

Please direct any questions, comments request to that thread.

Edited by Papa_Joe

4 hours ago, codepoet said:

Thanks so much for putting your time into this Joe. You have been very good to me, and have done a great job keeping mods alive. You have my blessing to take this forward.

Thank YOU, @codepoet, for taking the effort to make sure PWB-FB found a good home, and will continue... :)

Unfortunately, many devs do not... So kudos to you, for making what must have been a difficult decision in giving over the reins, and stepping up...