[1.12.x] LCD - Launch CountDown v1.8.0 [23 Oct 2019]

Athlonic

• 1 month later...

Hi! Would it be possible to add support for Bluedog Design Bureau launch clamps? They are same clamps as in FASA, but their name has BDB_ in front of them. So "FASAlaunchClampApollo" becomes "BDB_FASAlaunchClampApollo". I made patch myself but I am not sure if I can post it since BDB has that ShareAlike clause in the CC license and this uses GPL 3. Or does it not matter since we are patching it via MM and not distributing other mod's files?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2017 at 8:37 AM, Junafani said:

Hi! Would it be possible to add support for Bluedog Design Bureau launch clamps? They are same clamps as in FASA, but their name has BDB_ in front of them. So "FASAlaunchClampApollo" becomes "BDB_FASAlaunchClampApollo". I made patch myself but I am not sure if I can post it since BDB has that ShareAlike clause in the CC license and this uses GPL 3. Or does it not matter since we are patching it via MM and not distributing other mod's files?

Your last sentence is correct. MM patches (while they do need a license of their own [even if that is just "released to the public domain"]) don't need to worry about other mods licences. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2017 at 5:37 AM, Junafani said:

Here it is! Decided to take it upon myself to make a config that adds this to any part that has Module LaunchClamp Which includes the BDB Launch Clamps. I also added support for Modular Launch Pads

Simply add a Saturn Base, a Soyuz Base, or the Russian Launch Clamp and it should work.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[LaunchClamp]]:FOR[LaunchCountDown]
{
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchCountDown
    }
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchUI
    }
}
@PART[SaturnMobileLauncherLarge]:FOR[LaunchCountDown]
{
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchCountDown
    }
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchUI
    }
}
@PART[SaturnMobileLauncherAltTest]:FOR[LaunchCountDown]
{
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchCountDown
    }
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchUI
    }
}
@PART[SoyuzLaunchPadAltNew]:FOR[LaunchCountDown]
{
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchCountDown
    }
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchUI
    }
}
@PART[SoyuzModLaunchStand4]:FOR[LaunchCountDown]
{
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchCountDown
    }
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchUI
    }
}

Edited by Taki117

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2019 at 3:53 AM, Taki117 said:

Here it is! Decided to take it upon myself to make a config that adds this to any part that has Module LaunchClamp Which includes the BDB Launch Clamps. I also added support for Modular Launch Pads

Simply add a Saturn Base, a Soyuz Base, or the Russian Launch Clamp and it should work.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[LaunchClamp]]:FOR[LaunchCountDown]
{
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchCountDown
    }
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchUI
    }
}
@PART[SaturnMobileLauncherLarge]:FOR[LaunchCountDown]
{
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchCountDown
    }
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchUI
    }
}
@PART[SaturnMobileLauncherAltTest]:FOR[LaunchCountDown]
{
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchCountDown
    }
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchUI
    }
}
@PART[SoyuzLaunchPadAltNew]:FOR[LaunchCountDown]
{
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchCountDown
    }
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchUI
    }
}
@PART[SoyuzModLaunchStand4]:FOR[LaunchCountDown]
{
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchCountDown
    }
MODULE
    {
        name = LaunchUI
    }
}

i see you added support for Modular Launch Pads with that config but does it work with the shuttle pad?

18 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

i see you added support for Modular Launch Pads with that config but does it work with the shuttle pad?

I don't know. I'm not far enough along in the tech tree, but as long as it has the Launch Clamp Module it will work, or if you know the name of the part you can copy/paste one of the other ones and change the name as appropriate.

• 6 months later...

And now that is what I would call a "necro-update" :D

Changelog :

v1.8.0 [23 Oct 2019]
- Fixed errors (due to Refs .dll split & Net 4.x target)
- Recompiled for KSP v1.8.0.2686

I can't believe this old piece of code still works.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this mod! Just a question: in the video, there's a lovely echo to the announcements. Would it be possible to bring that back, or make it a toggleable option?

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2019 at 10:23 AM, Athlonic said:

Hi,

Well the echo was part of that very first sound set back then.

I've already been asked to put it back in the past, not a bad idea actually. ;) 

I think I actually prefer the old sound set :wink:

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This mod is still working in 2023 V 12.5. Using 64-bit version and the countdown is accurate! The delay bug seems to have fixed itself? 

From what I remember it is missing some functionality, I remember years ago this or a similar mod let you set different stages to activate at different points in countdown. Now I can only get it to work at the end of countdown, but at least it is sort of working!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.