[1.12.x] LCD - Launch CountDown v1.8.0 [23 Oct 2019]

Athlonic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, nice mod, im having a problem though, KSP lags alot on my computer, so the countdown is a lagged, and it looks so bad! Because of the background sound cuts every clip, yea, i know, there wouldn't really be any solution to this, other than running the game at 2x times acceleration... Anyways, awesome mod!

I think this here is what you want, see the sound overhaul project thread

uhmm.. maybe you misunderstand...that link you posted, links to this mod. I stated a kerbalized version of the shuttle launch meaning the countdown and spoken bits. not the actual sounds of engines and what not. lol I have the rcs by Nothke. we are talking countdown audio and maybe some "guidance go ,retro's go ,etc" audio during countdown, since that's what this thread is about.

like this one i quickly made (non-kerbalized): Control tower audio for shuttle (or anything really)

Edited by mrsinister
added dl link for my sound file

I'd recommend these be added to the part.cfg file as well

@PART[FASAlaunchClamp125]
{
MODULE
{
name = LaunchCountDown
}
MODULE
{
name = LaunchUI
}
}
@PART[FASAlaunchClamp25]
{
MODULE
{
name = LaunchCountDown
}
MODULE
{
name = LaunchUI
}
}
@PART[FASA_Launch_Clamp_Atlas]
{
MODULE
{
name = LaunchCountDown
}
MODULE
{
name = LaunchUI
}
}

@ Gaiiden

Here you go, thanks for the suggestion ;)

v 1.7.1 changelog :

- Recompiled for KSP 0.23.5 (to be on the safe side)

- Added frizzank's FASA launchclamps compatibility (ModuleManager cfg)

- Added a Debug option (spam the log with useless stuff)

- Audioclips stop when entering settings

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Athonic,What clamps specifically In the FASA Pack,I launched the ATLAS No window popped up,I cannot find those parts! Please reply,Thank you!

The mmConfig file is wrong. "FASA_Launch_Clamp_Atlas" has no effect, because the clamp name is "FASAlaunchClampAtlas".

But you can do it much simpler, using my mmConfig:

//> ADD LAUNCH COUNTDOWN PLUGIN TO ALL LAUNCH CLAMPS

@PART[*launchClamp*]
{
MODULE
{
name = LaunchCountDown
}
MODULE
{
name = LaunchUI
}
}

This is using wildcards (*) and means all parts with "launchClamp" in it's name gets the countdown stuff :)

Edited by acc

Is there a fix for the "all engines running" bug I reported a while back? Summary of bug: on the FASA clamps, trying to use the launch countdown right away results in an "all engines running" message. If I use the launch towers, I do not get the message. If I use both clamps and towers, the message is there.

@acc

Thanks for the wildcards tip, I will use this way for the next update.

@leops1984

Sorry I didn't have my expected free time last week to test FASA mod and to work on updates.

Still on my todo list though ;)

@Athlonic: Sorry if I sounded demanding - it's just something that bugs me to hell.

@acc: Interesting, that means I'll have to look into my (many) installed mods to figure this out... has anyone else seen this problem with their setups?

@acc: Interesting, that means I'll have to look into my (many) installed mods to figure this out... has anyone else seen this problem with their setups?

Not on the 125 clamps - but those are all I've ever used to date. Even when used with the tower (all latest versions) I have no countdown issues. What clamps are you using?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.