[1.12.x] LCD - Launch CountDown v1.8.0 [23 Oct 2019]

Athlonic

I installed this mod again after I saw you kerbalized the audio... that English audio killed the mod for me. so thanks for that.

However the new kerbalized audio does not seem to fit the audio in chatterer. Did you make the audio for chatterer? or did you just have to try and approximate the process for you audio? the reason I ask is I love the audio for chatterer and was slightly disappointed in this one. do not get me wrong I do not plan to uninstall it again, as the audio is fine for now, but I am just putting in my vote for another pass at a kerbalized countdown audio

To be honest I am not pleased with my first pass on the Kerbalized audio, as well ;)

I made it more as a place holder, I used google's spanish speech translation + highpitch/reverse/tweaks.

Now that I "own" Chatterer, I will definitely make a Chatterer audio set, I am just lacking free time at the moment.

Apollo 11 audio set, on the other hand, is really enjoyable ! Did you try it ? ;)

To be honest I am not pleased with my first pass on the Kerbalized audio, as well ;)

I made it more as a place holder, I used google's spanish speech translation + highpitch/reverse/tweaks.

Now that I "own" Chatterer, I will definitely make a Chatterer audio set, I am just lacking free time at the moment.

Apollo 11 audio set, on the other hand, is really enjoyable ! Did you try it ? ;)

Good to hear that the chatter and Launch countdown will be matched soonâ„¢. I enjoy the Apollo 11 Audio set and wonder if maybe more would be made once time is allowed? Maybe a Russian, Japanese, and Chinese Version; I don't recall if India just sent up satellites or if they went to space with a manned mission yet.

• 2 weeks later...
So, how does one make a Kerbalized audio track?

Hi, just make one if you want ;)

At the moment audio sets are separated, 1s long, audio files but if all goes well I may return to a single audio file system in next update.

So don't bother with file format for now, just make a single audio file I will take care of the rest.

thanks ;)

What I meant was: What processing do you do to take normal speech and make it sound "Kerbal"...

Oh ! My bad ^^

The official method is "reversed&high pitched" Spanish.

I used Google translate voice but it doesn't render very well, if any Spanish guy here will want to help it would be appreciated ;)

I just need a good Spanish translation of Apollo11 launch + abort sequence.

• 1 month later...
Great mod dude, just a quik qeustion.

Is it possible to ad some speech after the launch.

A bit like a this:

Chatterer mod should take hand after launch regarding this matter.

I take note though, telling Chatterer to start some chatter exchange just after launch is a nice idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be possible in the future to add an API of sorts to allow for more countdowns to be added? I love the ones provided but it feels silly using the Apollo one for unmanned missions, and over and over again.

Chatterer mod should take hand after launch regarding this matter.

I take note though, telling Chatterer to start some chatter exchange just after launch is a nice idea.

No, what he is talking about is whats called launch commentary, which would not be a bad idea for your next release ;) Also can you please fix the x64 cutouts? Heres a few requests if you dont mind....

1. Post launch commentary such as "max Q , Nominal, Pressure and temp checks, staging confirmations

2. Action groups need to be allowed, space bar just doesnt cut it

3. Space X style speech

4. LCD clock

• 2 months later...

I think I have been having a problem with this mod. I love how it downs the countdown thing and everything, but every time I tried to do a launch with this, after waiting about 45 to 60 seconds for the whole countdown thing, as soon as I hit the spacebar my rocket would destabilize and fall apart with the boosters taking off and ramming into my main stage. The thing is that if I launch as soon as I get out onto the launch pad, everything works as it should. I've tried it with different boosters and different radial decouplers. I've tried it with small rockets and large rockets, and the same thing happens all the time. Launch right away without countdown, everything works. Activate countdown and then launch when it is over, everything blows up. It is getting kind of frustrating.

... as soon as I hit the spacebar...

That's your problem. The ReadMe/instructions for the mod should have been clear on this I believe - when the countdown reaches zero it stages your rocket. So if you're pressing spacebar at 0 then your rocket is being double-staged, which generally means your boosters are being jettisoned and thus blow up on the pad and take your rocket with them

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.